Holy Crap, whats up with the impossible GW teams???

Prev1
Two days in a row now, i keep getting teams MUCH MUCH stronger than mine, all 7 star fotp, qgj, poe, 3 or 4 levels higher ****, THIS IS STUPID. I wish i could just SLAP the **** whos coding this **** for ea/cg or whatever, i mean, i usually finish GW EVERY DAY, and now this crap two days in a row? Four fkin chests lost due to this **** scripting. I LIKE A CHALLENGE, that is at least in some way beatable, but CHECK THIS.

http://prntscr.com/9tshgz

I couldn't beat this team without spending THOUSANDS of dollars to build something similar, are you EA guys really that dumb? Jesus ****.

Replies

• Unacceptable!
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • Dudomon wrote: »
    Two days in a row now, i keep getting teams MUCH MUCH stronger than mine, all 7 star fotp, qgj, poe, 3 or 4 levels higher ****, THIS IS STUPID. I wish i could just SLAP the **** whos coding this **** for ea/cg or whatever, i mean, i usually finish GW EVERY DAY, and now this crap two days in a row? Four fkin chests lost due to this **** scripting. I LIKE A CHALLENGE, that is at least in some way beatable, but CHECK THIS.

I couldn't beat this team without spending THOUSANDS of dollars to build something similar, are you EA guys really that dumb? Jesus ****.

Them feels
  • I died so fast i couldn't even retreat to try again, how about that.
  • Heronmar
    433 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Dudomon wrote: »

I OD'd on NaCl, them salty tears.
  • fuchi_jeg
    2 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    i havent lost a GW in weeks. **** are you guys doing? are you sending in underworld police, royal guard, and ewoks?
  • If you are getting multiple teams like this, I feel for you. If it's just the one, can be beat easily enough as long as you have cannon fodder (who doesn't).

My statement assumes you are at 7 stars, 60+. If not, I totally agree this is beeped up!
  • fuchi_jeg wrote: »
    i havent lost a GW in weeks. **** are you guys doing? are you sending in underworld police, royal guard, and ewoks?

You must be on some **** tier server, because sometimes last battle is impossible to beat.
  • Enklave wrote: »
    fuchi_jeg wrote: »

You must be on some **** tier server, because sometimes last battle is impossible to beat.

Never faced an impossible to beat team in GW. It's impossible only if you have wasted your teams in advance without planning cool downs, disregarding injured toons and haven't taken advantage of the retreat function or cannon fodder. High 60s here, not getting any pansies as opponents and not a big spender. Repetitive game play, I agree, impossible not.

Of course, if you're in the 50s and getting multiple 60s, it might be impossible. Can't comment on that as I haven't heard much talk like that. Maybe I'll face something like that if I'm lagging behind and most of my server jumps to 70s...
  • Enklave wrote: »

I've been playing since global launch, so the server is full of high leveled teams. I also have 40 characters to throw into the grinder to soak up AOE andspecial damage, but in reality i only retreat or send in the clowns on the last 3 GW fights. As for the last battle, I send in B or C squad that are mostly 4* to take out a few enemies, when that squad is dead I send in A squad to clean up.
    Enklave wrote: »

I've been playing since global launch, so the server is full of high leveled teams. I also have 40 characters to throw into the grinder to soak up AOE andspecial damage, but in reality i only retreat or send in the clowns on the last 3 GW fights. As for the last battle, I send in B or C squad that are mostly 4* to take out a few enemies, when that squad is dead I send in A squad to clean up.

Yeah, I had to do that today on the last GW battle too. It was a level 69 max gear 7* droid/Poe/Poggle team. They chewed up 2 teams of 4*/5* mid50-60 level tanky toons, all gear VI/VII but I managed to take out their 86 and 88 before sending in the A team for mop up. I made level 65 today.

If I'd have run into that guy on battle 9 or 10 though, I probably wouldn't have been able to finish.
    Ally Code: 945-699-762
  • I agree it is getting harder, I keep having to turn off "auto" and play manual. :o
  • maybe that is why these people have such a hard time. auto is so aweful. Round 1. blow all your specials. Round 2. use a heal when only one character is damaged and under heal block. If you dont plan the fight to end up with all of your cooldowns reset and very close to full health for the next battle you will not beat GW.
  • The atrocity, how dare you not finish GW everyday. CG should refund you for double the tokens you missed out on.
  • Dudomon wrote: »
    I died so fast i couldn't even retreat to try again, how about that.

This is very hard due to 7* but since QGJ and Poe greatest danger goes on their specials it's not impossible.

If you didn't send a death squad first, you will be anihilated like you where.

I too agree the damage is ridiculous. Those that finish GW with "the same squad all along"...they have ben blessed by matchmaking.

This is the first poster that I hear didn't get to retreat because early turn 1 everyone was already dead. Closest I have been is 1 char with 10% HP....my second "move" after my Sid.

• maybe that is why these people have such a hard time. auto is so aweful. Round 1. blow all your specials. Round 2. use a heal when only one character is damaged and under heal block. If you dont plan the fight to end up with all of your cooldowns reset and very close to full health for the next battle you will not beat GW.

Yeah, but pressing buttons and stuff is so 2015. Why would you ever go back to manually playing a game?
  • I don't use auto, it's a waste of specials and bad cooldown management.

The team I had today was just a high level (4 above me) fully maxxed 7* team.
    I still managed to finish though.
    Ally Code: 945-699-762
    Enklave wrote: »

Yeah, I had to do that today on the last GW battle too. It was a level 69 max gear 7* droid/Poe/Poggle team. They chewed up 2 teams of 4*/5* mid50-60 level tanky toons, all gear VI/VII but I managed to take out their 86 and 88 before sending in the A team for mop up. I made level 65 today.

If I'd have run into that guy on battle 9 or 10 though, I probably wouldn't have been able to finish.

It's happening - the war is escalating!
  • @OP - you don't need 1000s of dollars at all. Go in to the match with 5 toons - you're bench people, but enough to let the AI burn their specials - especially Poe's and Jinn's assist call and Poggle's offense up. Let all 5 of your toons die - damage the enemy as much as you can because that damage stays after you go back in with your stronger team. Go farm First Order Officer - he hits in turn 2 and will hit ahead of FOTP. Use his meter manipulation special that lifts your entire team's meter and reduces FOTP meter a massive amount (he will be REALLY slow). Then use Dooku on one of the Jedi - stun either Jinn or Lumi - my choice would be Jinn as he's really deadly and the Dooku hit softens him to kill in round 2. I'd then use Poggle in your lineup (again easy farm), proc the O up...use droids 86 / 88 (farmable) to pop down FOTP. 86 with O up from Poggle and an assist should be able to take out FOTP, especially since FOO already hit him and does decent damage. You could also use GS instead of 88 and I guarantee you GS + 86 will easily kill FOTP - depending on crits / assists, each of them can take him out with just their turn alone. Once you have Jinn and FOTP down, Poe has weak damage, Poggle has weak damage on his own, and you're just worried about Lumi.

You can absolutely beat this team in GW with non-chrome toons - assuming they are similarly built / starred / geared / ability mats / level.

Remember in GW suicide squads can really change the meta. Poe without his taunt is almost completely worthless - same for Poggle. Burn those specials and it's a much less scary team.
  • that is ridiculous, in no small part because of FOTP's bug at 7*. Only real possibility, as already mentioned by others, is to send a squad of fodder in to get Poe's taunt out of the picture. When you send your real team in after that, Poe will no longer have his taunt, so you can try to focus others down. Of course, FOTP's insane amount of hit points though make it likely he will still take out some of your others before you can kill him.
  • That is a rough team
  • That's true..but when you f2p level 55 facing a string of level 62plus with more stars to boot? Just cause I'm good at arena??? **** no one in my arena ladder is even that level yet...We don't have enough suicide squads to help yet.. None of you veterans had to deal with these odds before level cap raise or gw rules change.
  • Just cause I'm good at arena??? **** no one in my arena ladder is even that level yet...We don't have enough suicide squads to help yet

why would arena rank determine the opponents you face in GW? In my experience they draw teams from outside your arena group within a certain amount of levels either ahead of, or behind your current player level. If you were a level 43 player that gets first in arena I doubt you would face level 66 teams in GW just because you are "good at arena"

• I am getting pretty annoyed that the more I imorove my team the harder GW gets.

And what's the deal with lums force blast getting dodged 1 out of 10 times recently?
  • Yeah widget I'm not sure..just read someone say it gets tougher match if you high on leader board but could just be rumor. It likely is just based on power and people assume ladder rank matters... But thought it was a dev said its based on power plus ladder...idk
  • @OP - you don't need 1000s of dollars at all. Go in to the match with 5 toons - you're bench people, but enough to let the AI burn their specials - especially Poe's and Jinn's assist call and Poggle's offense up. Let all 5 of your toons die - damage the enemy as much as you can because that damage stays after you go back in with your stronger team. Go farm First Order Officer - he hits in turn 2 and will hit ahead of FOTP. Use his meter manipulation special that lifts your entire team's meter and reduces FOTP meter a massive amount (he will be REALLY slow). Then use Dooku on one of the Jedi - stun either Jinn or Lumi - my choice would be Jinn as he's really deadly and the Dooku hit softens him to kill in round 2. I'd then use Poggle in your lineup (again easy farm), proc the O up...use droids 86 / 88 (farmable) to pop down FOTP. 86 with O up from Poggle and an assist should be able to take out FOTP, especially since FOO already hit him and does decent damage. You could also use GS instead of 88 and I guarantee you GS + 86 will easily kill FOTP - depending on crits / assists, each of them can take him out with just their turn alone. Once you have Jinn and FOTP down, Poe has weak damage, Poggle has weak damage on his own, and you're just worried about Lumi.

You can absolutely beat this team in GW with non-chrome toons - assuming they are similarly built / starred / geared / ability mats / level.

Remember in GW suicide squads can really change the meta. Poe without his taunt is almost completely worthless - same for Poggle. Burn those specials and it's a much less scary team.

I said the same. But you are guaranteed almost to lose 1-2 chars and to come out burned. I remember one particular GW three days ago that had 6 bTtles in a row of this kind with enemy focused on max damage and trade off. I finished only thanks to best possible scenarios validated by RNG and losing 13 toons. Note 95% of times I lose max 2 chars.

• Yeah widget I'm not sure..just read someone say it gets tougher match if you high on leader board but could just be rumor. It likely is just based on power and people assume ladder rank matters... But thought it was a dev said its based on power plus ladder...idk

It coukd be true - althoud there a lotmof superstition. I remember that the worst day ever in GW may have been the day earlier this week I ranked #1 at 6pm.

this was posted by a dev on Reddit, so arena rank do seem to have an impact on your matchups
    "Galactic War matchmaking is based on your Power and your performance in the Arena. Who you're matched against is relative to you. Irrespective of where we pull players from, they're determined based on your performance."
  • I see. so maybe Its sort of a checks and balance system. If you are gaining a lot of arena tokens in arena, they want it to be tough for you to get GW tokens. The strong only get stronger if they get enough arena tokens daily to get 20 shards for a character, then 15 shards from GW, and 500 bonus crystals to do as they please they have a good chance of maintaining #1 status. interesting.
  • The matchups seem random to me. The AI doesn't seem to know what a tough squad composition is, but just looks at stars / levels / gear on a toon in general. A few days ago I had a GW where I had 3 of these Poe / FOTP / Leia / Jinn teams in one GW. The first one came just on node 5 :) Other two were back to back on nodes 9/10. I had one Poe team today, it was on node 4 I think, but it's been mixed for getting this type of team. Now, I will get high level 7* / purple teams all the way through starting now pretty early, but not all of them are of the same difficulty due to team composition Still see many Dooku / Sid / Lumi / Phasma / Kylo configurations.
This discussion has been closed.