Replace Omega event with a Zeta event.

Prev1
Syth_Hunter
414 posts Member
edited November 2016
Title says it all.

Edit: Add a new tier to the Omega event to include Zeta.
Post edited by Syth_Hunter on

Replies

• Options
    No, add a zeta event that only comes around in August and keep the Omega event.
  • Options
    People want everything on their plates right now in today's society I guess
  • Zooey
    1607 posts Member
    Options
    Lol no
  • Options
    So, let's move the finish line CLOSER? What?! What planet is this?
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
  • Options
    This is a valid suggestion. Omegas are not that hard to come by anymore and arent much of a bottleneck. Probably get ~10/week just from playing. An extra omega on Saturday is certainly nice, but not really a big enough deal that it really warrants an "event."
  • Options
    Aknf2001 wrote: »
    No, add a zeta event that only comes around in August and keep the Omega event.

+1.
  • rawman
    685 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    This is a valid suggestion. Omegas are not that hard to come by anymore and arent much of a bottleneck. Probably get ~10/week just from playing. An extra omega on Saturday is certainly nice, but not really a big enough deal that it really warrants an "event."
    Yep, and the first omega events came up just around that time where omegas were introduced. And purple mats were at a quite similar status as omegas now. So there might be a chance.
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Options
    Zooey wrote: »
    Lol no

https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • Options
    Yeah um no. Completely would make those who spent to get ahead in ships for Zeta farming ability investment nullified.
  • Options
    Yeah um no. Completely would make those who spent to get ahead in ships for Zeta farming ability investment nullified.

Then they'll spend some more on something else. And they'll still have an advantage, because you need a lot of zetas for one ability.
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • Options
    +1
  • Options
    -1 I need those! no seriously, players around 78-82ish actually need that event and changing it to zeta would just make it harder to compete.
    F2P - lvl 85 - July Shard - Primary Force Guild Force a Fide Guild - https://swgoh.gg/u/cesium/
  • Options
    "I want more free brownies." 'Hey you gotta pay for those like the rest of us."

This is a classic dialogue.
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
  • Options
    This would be nice I never really found the need for the event anyway as I all ways have plenty sense I don't just go blowing them on anyone.
  • Options
    Cesium wrote: »
    -1 I need those! no seriously, players around 78-82ish actually need that event and changing it to zeta would just make it harder to compete.

Why can't they just add another Tier for higher leveled players as some people do still obviously need the Omega materials.
    I mean, theres a bottom tier for just credits, then a second tier for lowly non-omega materials, and a third tier for omega materials. They could easily just add a 4th tier for level 85 to get a Zeta material.
  • Options
    CaptainRex wrote: »

Then they'll spend some more on something else. And they'll still have an advantage, because you need a lot of zetas for one ability.

Yep 20 Zeta, 10 omega, 20 purple.
  • rawman
    685 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Vertigo wrote: »

Why can't they just add another Tier for higher leveled players as some people do still obviously need the Omega materials.
    I mean, theres a bottom tier for just credits, then a second tier for lowly non-omega materials, and a third tier for omega materials. They could easily just add a 4th tier for level 85 to get a Zeta material.

Yoa mean a challenge where you can obtain Zetas? Well it's already there. It's in fleet challenges.

Edit: Nevermind, I got your post wrong :)
  • Options
    Let's make it a log in event then. You log in, you get a zeta. =)
    You dont log in, hey, CG are friendly folks. You will find it in the mail.
  • Options
    Vertigo wrote: »

+1 for a 4th tier
  • Options
    4th tier is a brilliant solution. Make it for 85+. Done.
  • Options
    Now that CG has replaced omegas with zetas as the most rare material, they are working overtime to devalue the omega as quickly as possible. Expect zetas to be hidden behind a paywall so massive that everything pales in comparison
  • Options

Maybe they'll directly mail a Zeta ability mat to your house too:)
  • Options
    Oootini wrote: »

For the amount of money some people have payed them they should hand deliver the zeta to the house, on a golden platter, wearing a pink tutu, with a side of chocolate cake and a cherry on top.
  • Options
    Shax wrote: »
    Oootini wrote: »

For the amount of money some people have payed them they should hand deliver the zeta to the house, on a golden platter, wearing a pink tutu, with a side of chocolate cake and a cherry on top.

Lmao what if they actually did that to the top whales! If they did it would be in August in a chewie outfit!
  • Options
    While zeta mats are in a similar situation to omegas at release there is one major difference that makes a zeta event unlikely namely that not everyone needs zeta mats. When omegas came out every toon got omega abilities (and multiple omega abilities per too) resulting in a lot of omegas needed to get an arena ready squad and getting 1 extra from an event wasn't as large a deal as getting 1 zeta would be
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    Options

I was leaning towards disagreeing with the OP but then I read this and thought,"hmm, this never stopped them before". So now I think they will do it.
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • Options
    4th tier is a brilliant solution. Make it for 85+. Done.

86+ sounds better to me
    Don't be a ****(4), and follow forum guidelines.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Sounds good to me - but I think Omegas need to be available at least a little more so than they are currently in other aspects of the game.

It takes me all week to get 5 to update a single ability toon. The drop rate for the omegas on the new battles is also pretty much non existent - haven't got 1 yet!

I think Omegas should be a guaranteed reward in GW as well as droid smuggling and credit heist events - rather than a possible reward, and possibly add them to daily arena rewards as well.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    Options

What? ships have been out for a total of what? 1-2 weeks. Would you really be that far behind in farming? A lot of investments I have made in this game have been nullified - from my point of view. I don't complain. The Dev team does what it likes to.