A Few Suggestions to finally make things right

So I'm probably seen as the guy that complains a lot but there's a lot to complain about. I know that I'm not the minority in the community that wants to see changes to fix the game before more broken content is pushed out. So if anyone disagrees with me on these points then feel free.

1.) Fix Teebo!
This can't be that difficult. It really can't. It's taken months to figure this out and nothing. He's a staple for a TM reduction team. If you can't fix his stealth bug then at least buff his basic strike to reduce TM by 30% when not stealthed. That would at least somewhat alleviate the problem.

2.) Recalibrate GW matchups and payouts
I get it's supposed to be challenging but when the last nodes are maxed fully geared arena teams that's too much. It should be calibrated to challenge your own arena team. Not be impossible. Not to mention higher levels deserve better rewards.

3.) Fix the Dodge rate
Ben Kenobi, Lumi and Dooku leads. Either there's a bug causing toons to dodge far too often with these abilities or the RNG is favored towards the AI. Speaks for itself.

4.) Consistent Credit Heist and Droid Smuggling.
Make it a weekly event on the same day so players can budget accordingly. Also even out the drop rates. I get the random drop rates but 85% of one drop compared to 1% of another is just sad.

5.) Fix the AAT raid
Now that ships is out focus on retooling the raid. Nerf tier 6 all around and make it as intended originally. Also cut the speed of THE TANK (let that sink in) and the Droids because they are not meant to be fast. They are slow and combersome but pack a powerful punch and can take a beating.

6.) Make blueprints more readily available.
There are plenty of options as of now but the cash grab for the famous ships like the falcon is messed up. Make a separate entity to buy blueprints using credits and crystals (like the mods) and to also use energy to get them through challenges like mods.

7.) Stop shunning F2P
Eventually F2P will pay some money for certain content. But if you keep ignoring them and treating them like the read headed step child, you will lose them as potential spenders.

These are just a few problems I think are most prevelant but feel free to chime in and hopefully this will grab someone's attention.

Replies

• I agree with 1,4,5 (and most importantly in that order)

Disagree with 2,3,6

Not sure about 7. Not sure how you intentionally shun players that are consuming your product without any form of compensation from them
  • Dwinkelm wrote: »
    I agree with 1,4,5 (and most importantly in that order)

Disagree with 2,3,6

Not sure about 7. Not sure how you intentionally shun players that are consuming your product without any form of compensation from them

When you release content like ships that needs real life cash to stay competitive you're going to lose F2P players who could become P2P. Not to mention collateral damage telling people to not play the game. That's where points like 6 come in.
  • irishsheepdog
    107 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    That's funny because i whole heartedly agree with 2 3 and 6.

Gw is ridiculous. I've had solid teams and lots of geared and leveled people only to consistently get smoked on n11. I have no hopes of beating this thing ever again. I wasn't even playing it till I found out you can but ship stuff with the green jewels.

Dodge is also insane. But my biggest issue is the combined dodge plus they get like a 5 to 1 attack ration plus all the other craziness (like Dakas revive working 100% of the time or ig88 killing lvl 82 Rey in one attack) and it makes the battles stupid. The ai version of these folks are much more powerful than the ones I own which is great so that when I get them I'm like wth? Why aren't they doing what they're supposed to. ..

As far as 6...I do think they should be careful but I also believe that companies should be compensated for games they create that you play. I'll usually play an f2p game a few days to see if I like it and then drop some money. I don't drop loads tho for the super special stuff ..I'd rather just buy a game on steam.
    Post edited by irishsheepdog on
  • I don't care as much about skewed RNG for dodge, but rather lower the rate. GW should be challenging, but also should be completable by most players, since it is on a daily basis. Raid are good enough for testing out multiple squads.
  • how competitive do you want to be in Ship Arena? If you think top 10 is being "competitive" then you need to go back to polishing your participation awards. I'm in top 50 and mostly ftp, I am competitive and obviously won't beat those who spend money to be better.
  • I beat even the hardest GWs stop being a scrub and improve your characters so that you have multiple teams/backup characters to use if needed I can't even remember the last time I lost GW. Seriously its fine as is everyone just wants to make GW easy and it's pathetic.
  • All of your points have been discussed over and over again, making another thread about it isn't going to "Grab someone's attention." Heck, there is a 188 page discussion on galactic war, and if that wouldn't grab their attention yours diffidently wont.

Don't get me wrong, I actually do agree with some of your points... actually I only agree with the first one. Gw isn't too hard, its just challenging. I have never had a problem with dodge teams. I'm not going to comment on 4 or 5 since my opinion would take to long to write lol. Blueprints are already in gw store and ship shop which is enough, unless you are having problems with gw...

And honestly, I don't really believe they are shunning F2P (this is coming from one). All it takes to be competitive (not the best, just competitive) is time, patience, and good strategy.
    F2P - lvl 85 - July Shard - Primary Force Guild Force a Fide Guild - https://swgoh.gg/u/cesium/
  • RancorPackGuild
    1363 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    Still needed.

Reverse Guild Search: (in game)

By player level, with an opt out button for those not wanting to be a part of Guilds. Enter Guild Player Search. Enter levels 70-79 then enter 75. It takes you to a page with a list of all non guilded player ranked level 75 and a recruiting feed like the guild feed.

Gear Dump/Recycling Center/Shop:

Would like to see Watto running the store, or perhaps the Force Awakens Ration Counter Manager. You dump old gear for crystals or rations used in trade for gear you need at a decent exchange rate. Tired of giving all my gear away in exchange to players who had it all handed to them while I dream of gear our guild has not reached yet. My lower players are top of shard off my gear while I sit stagnant waiting for them to level up enough to get to better Rancor Raids in The Pit.

Down right aggravated at never getting better the mid 300's in squad being held back by gear!!!
  • What does mostly f2p mean..I feel like once u spend money, you're not ftp.

And lol at the knucklehead who said, and please read this in **** voice "just make your team stronger and stop whinin'!" Wow dude...I've got three rows of gear 7 to 9 maxed level guys and a slew of other strong characters and I still get blasted on n11 every time. I don't need to win every time but I've beaten it 11 out of hundreds of attempts. ..
  • unit900000 wrote: »
    I beat even the hardest GWs stop being a scrub and improve your characters so that you have multiple teams/backup characters to use if needed I can't even remember the last time I lost GW. Seriously its fine as is everyone just wants to make GW easy and it's pathetic.

Don't come and derail the conversation with name calling and being bantha poodoo. I do have multiple teams and backup characters but even then it's a grind when two nodes in a row are maxed out arena teams. I can beat it with my arena team after my droids, rebels and EP teams soften them up. But those who only have a couple viable teams, shouldn't be blocked from getting the rewards needed to progress because a maxed arena team is in the way.
    But since you preach improvement, howz about a positive response and teach us "scrubs" how to improve?
  • Still needed.

Gear Dump/Recycling Center/Shop:

Would like to see Watto running the store, or perhaps the Force Awakens Ration Counter Manager. You dump old gear for crystals or rations used in trade for gear you need at a decent exchange rate. Tired of giving all my gear away in exchange to players who had it all handed to them while I dream of gear our guild has not reached yet. My lower players are top of shard off my gear while I sit stagnant waiting for them to level up enough to get to better Rancor Raids in The Pit.

Down right aggravated at never getting better the mid 300's in squad being held back by gear!!!

The Gear Dump/Exchage needs to happen. I have multiple pieces of gear that are in excess over 1000...but no stun cuffs lol. The rations is a good idea. Perhaps a currency system when you trade in gear pieces you don't need and then can trade that currency for the new raid gear and the elusive stun cuffs and stun guns.
  • unit900000 wrote: »
    I beat even the hardest GWs stop being a scrub and improve your characters so that you have multiple teams/backup characters to use if needed I can't even remember the last time I lost GW. Seriously its fine as is everyone just wants to make GW easy and it's pathetic.

Comments like this, I think, highlight the inconsistency in GW. I never finish GW these days, and I have a decent FTP roster IMO (38 collection score). I have guild mates with barely a full team of 7* toons who finish it every day.