Farming pay only characters in the future?

In most games like these, characters that start out being available only through purchase eventually become farmable (usually when new pay only characters are introduced). I've bought a few chromium packs and I can't complain about the drops, but without the stars characters aren't useable. The "in for a penny, in for a pound" aspect is disheartening.

TLDR: Will pay only characters ever be able to be farmed? (Maybe the new shard shop?)

Thanks.

Replies

• When characters accessible easily by paying $s and are superior than non pay characters, then the game quickly becomes a pay to win game.

P2win is downfall of any good game.
  • Hi Ewakawaka,

I understand your concern, being an investor myself, i sometimes worry about that too.

Currently there's no indication that the exclusive characters will be available in other ways yet, perhaps in the future when even newer exclusive characters are introduced, good luck & happy gaming.
  • SWHS
    121 posts Member
    Ewakawaka wrote: »
    In most games like these, characters that start out being available only through purchase eventually become farmable (usually when new pay only characters are introduced). I've bought a few chromium packs and I can't complain about the drops, but without the stars characters aren't useable. The "in for a penny, in for a pound" aspect is disheartening.

TLDR: Will pay only characters ever be able to be farmed? (Maybe the new shard shop?)

Thanks.

That's literally how every game like this goes. They will be eventually.

Don't expect EA to say anything though since that may discourage people from spending now.
  • Krey
    341 posts Member
    I liked the idea someone presented in another post. Once a pay only toon is unlocked, he becomes available for farming in some manner, even if it is slow.

I bought 2 chromes before I realized 4 star characters were going to be very limited, and I was never going to pay enough money to star them by buying chromes. Since that makes chrome only toons pointless, I just spend my crystals on energy now.

It's a pitty. Now I have to get my gambling fix from bronze packs.

Krey
  • EA is all about money.
    This game is pay to win.
    Either don't try and keep up with the P2W and enjoy the game ( don't play GW because that is a joke ATM )
    Just grind the toons you can get and spit venom on EA every chance you can get in the forums.
    In my experience, fixing anything here evolving balance or player happiness is a long and broken process.
    The development team here is small, so it shows in the cracks of poorly implemented game mechanics.
  • Ewakawaka wrote: »

Thanks.

You can farm them now, just get out your credit card
  • Ewakawaka wrote: »

Thanks.

Hope but don't expect. Request but don't feel entitled.
  • Nzchimeran wrote: »
    EA is all about money.
    This game is pay to win.
    Either don't try and keep up with the P2W and enjoy the game ( don't play GW because that is a joke ATM )
    Just grind the toons you can get and spit venom on EA every chance you can get in the forums.
    In my experience, fixing anything here evolving balance or player happiness is a long and broken process.
    The development team here is small, so it shows in the cracks of poorly implemented game mechanics.

Um, EA is a business. Sorry, you can't have everything for free. This game is NOT pay to win. It may be Pay to the BEST the FASTEST... but that is the model of ALL F2P games. The sooner people realize that they don't deserve to be the BEST and not spend a dime, the happier they will be.

And don't even try to say that you don't want to be the best. You do. You all do. I play top 100 in SA every day and don't spend money. And I'm sure others do better. That is winning! Winning doesn't mean having every character 2 months into a game and being the best.