Chaze Viability?

Hey all! Have been considering farming Baze from shipments/shard store since I unlocked Chirrut in the last tournament.. I wanted to know, will it be worth running Chaze alongside Wiggs + Lando if Chirrut is only 3.5*? I figure I'll skip this tournament and wait for Streets of Jedha again so I can star Chirrut up.

I would also like to know if Baze absolutely needs to be starred up to be effective / if it would be better to run STHan instead of Lando if Wedge is leader.

Thanks in advance!

Replies

• how can someone be half a star?
  • Baze is weak even at 7* B2 makes him worthless.
  • Wow thank you for the completely useless response regarding what anybody with half a brain could figure out means that he's got some leftover shards!

Will, that's a good point, nobody on my shard has got B2 yet, so I honestly forgot about him! Doesn't that basically rule out any tanks though? Except some tanks (Shore, Baze, even STH) have enough utility that they're worthwhile.

That said, I feel that Baze isn't a bad option since Shoretrooper will only be available to mega whales on my shard (only one guy's got him unlocked at base star level). If nothing else, this'll keep me on top until Emperor event returns I think, at which point I'll have a reasonable counter to B2.
  • Baze works fine, sure, b2 makes him useless but the same can be said for shore and pretty mich every other taunter/buffer
    Got baze at 5*/g10 under wiggs, he survives long enough to get his aoe dispell going, thats all you need, really
  • Baze's retribution gets abused by my STHan.

Maybe he's better with Chirrut, I don't know, haven't faced him yet. Baze lets me beat teams that are otherwise out of my pay grade though.

I run a Bounty Hunter/Scoundrel team btw.
  • Ring
    559 posts Member
    Wow thank you for the completely useless response regarding what anybody with half a brain could figure out means that he's got some leftover shards!

Well, maybe you should think about what you're posting next time instead of biting the head off of someone asking a legitimate question. Even if you have 29/30 shards, the toon is still THREE stars.

As for the original question, where do you want to run this team? Arena? GW? What level are you? How new is your shard? What's your average arena rank? Without this sort of info, it's hard, if not downright impossible, to give you an answer.

I have a 4* Chirrut and I'm skipping Baze. In GW I'm doing just fine with STHan tanking (since he's a Rebel, he gains all the benefits of my team: Wiggs, Chirrut, Lando, STHan) and in the Arena I replaced STHan with RG to keep Chirrut alive and healing. I'm not very high-ranked, 300-400 (December shard and I've been away for over 6 months), but ever since I added Chirrut, people somehow stopped attacking me ;) I don't think Baze could top that. Yes, he gets assists with Chirrut and all, but his main goal is tanking, assists don't count for much there.
  • @Ring thanks for the input! I don't mind people needing clarification on my question, but that original response was frankly a waste of everybody's time, and the response was clearly written to be a weak attempt at making people think that the responder is funny or original.

I'm level 65 on a relatively new shard (not sure when I started bc I took a break after making the account when I wasn't sure if I had the time for an alt account). At my level, well-geared toons do somewhat decently even at low star levels, but i'm asking more to find out if, as I approach max level, these toons will remain viable. I'm thinking of this in an arena setting; Wedge-led rebels with Chirrut do really well in GW and i'll probs keep using em for a while.

@Gaidal_Cain I appreciate that thought! I didn't really consider the retribution being something that potentially works against me, especially since Chirrut gives both of them high counter chance. Baze's double dispel doesn't give you problems?
  • @Ring thanks for the input! I don't mind people needing clarification on my question, but that original response was frankly a waste of everybody's time, and the response was clearly written to be a weak attempt at making people think that the responder is funny or original.

I'm level 65 on a relatively new shard (not sure when I started bc I took a break after making the account when I wasn't sure if I had the time for an alt account). At my level, well-geared toons do somewhat decently even at low star levels, but i'm asking more to find out if, as I approach max level, these toons will remain viable. I'm thinking of this in an arena setting; Wedge-led rebels with Chirrut do really well in GW and i'll probs keep using em for a while.

@Gaidal_Cain I appreciate that thought! I didn't really consider the retribution being something that potentially works against me, especially since Chirrut gives both of them high counter chance. Baze's double dispel doesn't give you problems?

My STHan has 186 speed. He taunts straight away followed by either Boba Fett, Old Ben, or IG 88 who all inflict ability block.

The Baze in question is level 75, Gear 9 but he is only 4* and hits like a little girl.
    Every attack on him makes him counter which feeds my whole team turn meter.

Baze literally never gets a chance to dispel before I have taken out 3 or 4 of his squad.

Usually, all the other team needs is a fast dispeller to get rid of my STHan's taunt but with Baze countering after every hit, the opposing team's turn meter starts actually going DOWN because of STH's unique which removes turn meter.

@BrianBuchanans I hope that is helpful.

Very few people run a squad like I do right now with lots of ability blocks. Also, few people right now run Boba (at least on my shard) but he is great because he can ignore taunts.

Against a standard Wiggs team, he would probably do pretty well.
  • I've been using a 5* Baze with wiggsdo+ ST Han, and he's been doing a pretty good job of keeping me in the top ranks in a January server. No Chirrut, since I only have him at 3* and he's pretty useless, but Baze's mass dispel is a lifesaver, especially vs multi tank teams, and he's a decent replacement for Sun Fac and Shoretrooper.

Enemy ST Hans are his main weakness, since his basic is very weak and countering gives a ton of TM if you can't dispel fast enough. An enemy Biggs can also be a problem if his counter crits, giving Biggs full TM. Palpatine+Shoretrooper is another problem, but you're new enough I doubt that's a combo you face.
  • I'm at level 71 and there is a Wiggs/Chaze/Lando that has been sitting at #1 for about the past week without anyone being able to kick him out. Even the guy running droids with B2 and JE can't kick him down. Chirrut removes any debuffs including buff immunity from Baze, and Baze keeps retaunting whenever Chirrut drops below full health, which is often due to all the heal over time effects flying around. With the free Wedge to give me a start on my own Wiggs I have managed to kill his Wiggs and Lando, but all the heal over time on Baze makes him pretty much immortal without someone like Sun Fac to keep him dispelled.
  • @Gaidal_Cain yeah....... there's only one Ben lead in my shard and it's an absolute pain. Evade bonus is just annoying (and usually beatable, at that) but his ability block is the biggest pain.. but yeah, as of this particular moment the biggest threats are Lando and a few Wiggs teams plus droids, no B2 and not much ability block. I feel Baze counters all of that fairly well, especially when paired with Chirrut. I think the only place I'm in rather a bind with is, do I use Chirrut with Baze? Is the utility (HoT, health equalizing, increased counter chance, plus Chirrut's less squishy with Baze) worth it if he's 3* and not worth much except for one hard hit on his special?

@Astris yeah i'll probs only pull Chirrut out situationally now that I see your perspective on him. He's nice against droid teams (bye bye, IG-88) and some other squads (here's looking at you, Vader and Sidious without Palp lead) but just isn't particularly functional vs traditional Wiggs/DPS teams bc they can wipe me in a single combo with or without heal over time. Probably gonna run with Wiggsdo + the tanks, think it'll work well. And yes, you're correct, no Palp on this server and only one Shore, so my current arena team is really just to keep me at the top of the crystal game until either Emperor comes back or I have QGJ Zeta'd. Hopefully by then I've got Rex and Fac maxed, too.

@sjkerhfgdjhd Hmm! That's a really good point, unless they manage to one-shot my Chirrut they'd need quite a bit of dispel to take the whole squad down. I'll try running Wiggsdo + Chaze and see how it holds up on defense, and if it doesn't fly, I'll sub Chirrut for STH. Either way, this should be fun!! Thanks y'all for the help!
  • Chirrut and Baze are very viable, meta material. I have attached a short video here.
  • Chaze seems very viable to me, I have Baze 7* gear 10 running with a 6* Chirrut gear 10.

So who does everyone think the best 5th for a Wiggs/Chaze team is? I have been playing with a few but I'm not sure who is best. Lando is great from a DPS point of view but I don't think he is the best for defense. I have been using Sun Fac and he seems to hold the best on defense. Any other thoughts?
  • @Serya Ah, see, that's the thing. My Chirrut is gonna be sitting at 3* with shards until next tourney rolls out (at which point I'll hopefully have saved enough to max him). I hope he still does the job; I figure that even though he's labeled as an attacker I'm mostly in it for the HoT's on my tanks, the health equalizing for my glass cannons, and the set skill multiplier, which arguably gives more significant damage than better stats.

Sun Fac is probably most reliable in dealing with STHan abuse.. assuming they're running AoE offense, it would be preferable to have a dispel on basic counter to make sure you're not feeding the enemy team, plus any other tank is rendered useless between SF's basic and Baze's specials. I guess I might drop Lando lol
  • djvita
    1684 posts Member
    i faced two chirrut/baze teams in the tourney just for funsies

1- PbXLE5l.jpg used rex, ani, b2, shore, palp; got destroyed, just took off the protections of all, my ani was the first to die from all the couters from chirrut and his buff attack

2. xUHoQY1.jpg easy with the same team, rex, ani, b2, shore, palp