Ganner: On Why Tournaments Are A Waste of Time For 99.3% Of Contestants

Not here to chew anyone out or be a **** to the game developers. You guys do a great job with this game and you have me hooked. True story. That being said I have found the tournaments to be nearly a complete waste of time.

Here's why. You have to typically be in the top 25 just to unlock whichever character is being played for. At three or four stars we all know the character is virtually worthless in any meaningful combat situation. I don't have exact numbers on how many participate in tournaments but for the sake of an example let's assume it's the number at which the last prize tier begins. So 3501. 25/3501=.007 Less than one percent (at a modest estimate) actually end up unlocking the character, and in reality for only 5-10 of the people who've actually unlocked it, is the character of any real use.

The rest of the 99.3%(probably more) have 5-30 shards they can't get anywhere else and leave with virtually no hope of unlocking the character in the forseeable future.

So what's the point?

Well I'm not going to write six double spaced pages worth of complaining just for complaining's sake.

So here's my feedback. Just slide the prize tiers up.

The top 1,000-1,500 contestants...give them enough shards to unlock the character. I think we all enjoy the novelty of a new face and even though it won't be incredibly useful it's still fun and improves a lot of people's experience.

Start elevating rewards in the subsequent prize tiers and give the top 25 enough shards to go 7 stars. I think we all know how hard it is to get to the top 25 of anything in this game. reward it! El número uno? Shoot give him(or her, don't think I don't see you over there Mara Jade) all the gear he needs to promote to the absolutely highest gear level he can. Heck give him gear nobody's even heard of and let him get to gear level 13 or 14.

It would just be nice to walk away from one of these tournaments as someone in the top 500 or thousand with more to show for it than the amount of credits I can get in completing a galactic war campaign on any given day.

Pardon the essay but I hope you can understand where I'm coming from.

Cheers to this game and even bigger and better things!!