wawrzon wrote: »
    Top5 arena squad and top1 fleet arena.

What is your fleet setup right now?
  • Raw
    559 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Here was my updated post.
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/840216/#Comment_840216
    If you think it would be helpful, we could open an new thread with it.

However I am not sure with Dengar. It's another toon to be geared and IG-88 will be needed for most players for a droid squad (AAT), anyways. So I decided to go for IG-88 now and pause Ackbar meanwhile when @wawrzon mentioned it. That you need 5 scoundrels with lvl 70 was not on my "screen". So today it caught me unprepared (or more precisely, no yet prepared...), with 25/50 shards of IG-88, when the credit heist appeared. But the 2nd tier also brought me 1,25 + 0,8 Mio credits, wonder how much you get from the next tier?

Found it, would have been

Tier III 0,75-5 M credits :/
    Tier II 0,375-2,5 M
    Tier I 0,15- 1 M

Tier IV is not displayed, needs lvl 80.
    https://swgoh.gg/db/events/credit-heist/ is wrong here.
  • Raw
    559 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Did you know there is a meta report?

https://swgoh.gg/meta-report/#all
  • Raw
    559 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Malicious wrote: »
    wawrzon wrote: »
    Top5 arena squad and top1 fleet arena.

If you would also be interested in mine, I go:
    Home1 (ship 4*, lvl 60, ability lvl 3/1/1/1/1), Biggs (3*, lvl 68, 4/4/3), JC (3* lvl 68, 4/4/3), Wedge (3*, lvl 68, 4/4/3), GS (3* lvl 68, 4/4/3), Sun Fac (3* lvl 67 =], 3/3/3), Ahsoka (3* lvl 60, 3/3/3), Imperial TIE fighter (1* lvl 60, 3/3/3)
    Rank top 5, Fleet power 81k

TFP would be a placeholder for Slave1. And after this Slot 3 reinforcements will be Maul.
  • Options
    If you think it would be helpful, we could open an new thread with it.
    That was my intention first, but you wrote an update here so I gave up on that idea. However this thread is getting more an more messy.
    However I am not sure with Dengar.
    He is only useful if you dont intend to farm IG-88. I wrote in my reply that you need 5 scoundrels at 5* for heist. That was my only merit behind farming him. Speaking for myself - went with IG-88 after STH, to get him to 5*. After that Ackbar farm all the way.
    But the 2nd tier also brought me 1,25 + 0,8 Mio credits, wonder how much you get from the next tier?
    Last 3 heists I got only 625k, on each and every run. RNG...
    Did you know there is a meta report?
    yes, saw it once I investigated swgoh first time. Useful to check trends, but it only takes into account those that synchronized data. I checked it early december and still couldn't find qgj in top10 teams ;) However there was less data then, synchro option was being released or rereleased after bug fixes.
    Home One 2*, JC 2*, GS 2*, Biggs 2*, Imperial TIE 2*, CS 1*; Reinf: RP 1*. Will include Sun Fac tomorrow, for CS - I have his ship, but need to gear him up a bit. My bracket is not so strong atm. But dolphins bought Slave I packs from shop so will probably get more messy in the future.
  • Options
    Hey i am Level 59 Right now and got big problems vs teams with BF. BF plus Vader is almost impossible for me to beat even if my enemy is like 55.
    Team is
    Phasma 6*\ilvl 6 (L)
    GS 7*\7
    QGJ 6*\7
    STH 5*\ilvl7
    Lando 5*\ilvl7

• Options
    BossHoth wrote: »
    Hey i am Level 59 Right now and got big problems vs teams with BF. BF plus Vader is almost impossible for me to beat even if my enemy is like 55.
    Team is
    Phasma 6*\ilvl 6 (L)
    GS 7*\7
    QGJ 6*\7
    STH 5*\ilvl7
    Lando 5*\ilvl7
    I know other participants here advise to farm Boba instead of QGJ, but I still feel QGJ is the better choice in the long run. My account is level 83 now and my Boba only just got to gear 9 with four difficult slots to fill to get to gear 10. QGJ meanwhile is gear 11 since a long time. Right now you have difficulties with Boba, Vader teams, but just continue the guide aiming for Wiggs and you should beat those teams later on.
  • Raw
    559 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    As already mentioned in this thread, Boba is a counter for Boba. Because if you execute Boba, he will not respawn. So if you are in such a fight, save your execute ability until enemy's Boba is in the yellow/red low hp area and finish him with execute.

I must say that I laugh about enemys that have Wedge, Biggs, Lando, STH and QGJ in arena. At least if the AI plays the team, GQJ is totally useless, no matter what gear he has, or even if these whales who are already lvl 80 play it against me with lvl 72.
    He doesn't even remove the taunt and has such a low health pool that he is easily oneshot by Wiggs, whereas Boba cannot be oneshot. Well, actually he can but will respawn.

There are only two dangerous team comps for me (Wiggs Lando STH Boba) atm:

Chaze Jyn Wiggs
    Copies of my team with better mods.

• Options
    Raw wrote: »
    I must say that I laugh about enemys that have Wedge, Biggs, Lando, STH and QGJ in arena. At least if the AI plays the team, GQJ is totally useless, no matter what gear he has, or even if these whales who are already lvl 80 play it against me with lvl 72.
    He doesn't even remove the taunt and has such a low health pool that he is easily oneshot by Wiggs, whereas Boba cannot be oneshot. Well, actually he can but will respawn.

There are only two dangerous team comps for me (Wiggs Lando STH Boba) atm:

Chaze Jyn Wiggs
    Copies of my team with better mods.
    Well, my QGJ at gear 11 has 40k health plus protection which is more than Wiggs or Lando. Boba is gear 9 meanwhile and still only at 25k (39k with double health because of respawn to be fair). Does the AI play Boba better than QGJ, I don't think so?

The rank 1 in my Arena has an unbeatable team for Wiggs: Palp, Shore, RG, B2 and TFP. The three tanks have 200k hp together, and you can't get past the auto-taunts from Shore and RG, while B2 and TFP are crippling your team with debuffs. I am on good term with him though and he actually helps me to get rank 1 after him (my payout is 30 minutes after his).

Also, my team of Wiggs, Lando, Palp, STH (224 speed) handles other Wiggs teams well (but fails even worse than yours against Chaze, Boba helps a lot there).
  • Options
    Can you point me in the right direction concerning ships and fleet arena? what ships do you recommend and stuff. Thanks for everything so far!
  • Raw
    559 posts Member
    Options
    Can you point me in the right direction concerning ships and fleet arena? what ships do you recommend and stuff. Thanks for everything so far!

I have mentioned that in my variant of this guide
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/86926/adaptive-f2p-guide/p1?new=1

My plan is
    Ackbar, Biggs, Wedge, JC, Ahsoka, Sun Fac and GS, Boba, Scimitar.
    Whereas you need time for Boas's Ship (Slave 1) and Scimitar, about 2-3 month.
    For that time, I chose TFP, who I do not level though.

With Ackbar, you have your 5th rebel for the VII-Palpatine Event, which might be in August.
    Biggs + Wedge + GS + JC you will already have. Sun Fac is easy to obtain, Ahsoka also.
    Darth Maul takes some month, though.

• Raw
    559 posts Member
    Options
    Doitsuyama wrote: »
    Does the AI play Boba better than QGJ, I don't think so?

Yes, because it uses the 1st special first. Boba starts with the ability block, which is a good move. QGJ's buff remove would be on his 2nd special, but the AI doesn't use it on my STH, although he could.
    Well, my QGJ at gear 11 has 40k health plus protection which is more than Wiggs or Lando. Boba is gear 9 meanwhile and still only at 25k (39k with double health because of respawn to be fair).

If both toons can be oneshot, you need to fire your Wiggs twice (or even three times) for a Boba, but only once for a QGJ.
    So I can kill either Lando and QGJ, or Boba and not Lando.

Makes one toon difference.

• Options

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/86926/adaptive-f2p-guide/p1?new=1

My plan is

With Ackbar, you have your 5th rebel for the VII-Palpatine Event, which might be in August.
    Biggs + Wedge + GS + JC you will already have. Sun Fac is easy to obtain, Ahsoka also.
    I am following the guide of this thread though thanks for the answer
  • Doitsuyama
    357 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options

My plan is

I agree but must say that I like TFP and his ship a lot. Fast, good damage and foresight mostly equals the lack of starting protection. Also, it is not unlikely in my opinion that Vader's Tie Advanced will be available sometime in the future, it is a good ship as well (I got him from 60+20 shards in two pvp events).
    If you don't have Vader's ship you MUST level TFP to 4* though because the whole point of ships is zeta mats. You need 5* Tarkin's ship for that and five dark side ships at 4* at this end.
    Also, Tarkin's ship is a lot easier to get to 5* than Ackbar's or Mace's (which I can't beat some weeks in). So I actually have 8 ships under Tarkin and actually Scimitar is not in the lineup at all... and I am farming the ships of Poe and Resistance Pilot just because the light side challenges are impossible with only 5 ships. Just some reports from my experience (every day top 5 in Fleet Arena) to add to your (starter level I'd say) instructions.
  • Options

Yes, because it uses the 1st special first. Boba starts with the ability block, which is a good move. QGJ's buff remove would be on his 2nd special, but the AI doesn't use it on my STH, although he could.
    Well, my QGJ at gear 11 has 40k health plus protection which is more than Wiggs or Lando. Boba is gear 9 meanwhile and still only at 25k (39k with double health because of respawn to be fair).

If both toons can be oneshot, you need to fire your Wiggs twice (or even three times) for a Boba, but only once for a QGJ.

Please! Nobody would kill Lando and QGJ with the two shots, first priorities are Wedge and Lando. Also, I am not killing Boba first, but the most threatening offensive toon (or, really, the auto-taunt Shore or Baze).
  • Raw
    559 posts Member
    Options

Please! Nobody would kill Lando and QGJ with the two shots, first priorities are Wedge and Lando. Also, I am not killing Boba first, but the most threatening offensive toon (or, really, the auto-taunt Shore or Baze).

I did not mean first kill, but one turn of Biggs.
    One turn of Biggs will kill QGJ (after Landos AOE destroyed the protection), but cannot kill Boba.
  • Raw
    559 posts Member
    Options

My plan is

I agree but must say that I like TFP and his ship a lot. Fast, good damage and foresight mostly equals the lack of starting protection. Also, it is not unlikely in my opinion that Vader's Tie Advanced will be available sometime in the future, it is a good ship as well (I got him from 60+20 shards in two pvp events).
    If you don't have Vader's ship you MUST level TFP to 4* though because the whole point of ships is zeta mats. You need 5* Tarkin's ship for that and five dark side ships at 4* at this end.
    Also, Tarkin's ship is a lot easier to get to 5* than Ackbar's or Mace's (which I can't beat some weeks in). So I actually have 8 ships under Tarkin and actually Scimitar is not in the lineup at all... and I am farming the ships of Poe and Resistance Pilot just because the light side challenges are impossible with only 5 ships. Just some reports from my experience (every day top 5 in Fleet Arena) to add to your (starter level I'd say) instructions.

Ah really five dark side ships on 4*?
    I thought I've read four, which I planned to be GS, Sun fac, Slave and Scimitar.
  • Options
    Just so you know, Slave 1 and Scimitar blueprints are quite rare. Even if you were to raise them both up to 4*, I assume you will want to raise them up to 5* for the actual zeta challenge itself which requires 8 5* ships. It's going to be a long grind considering how rare they are.
  • Raw
    559 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Yes, I took notes about the Fleet Store shipments for 7 days. In 7x3 shipments, there were

1x Darth Vader
    1x Darth Maul
    3x Wedge

2x Scimitar
    2x Slave I

But if you start with lvl 60, you have some time until you can farm your first zeta anyways.
    I am lvl 72 now and have 44 shards of Slave and 24 shards of Scimitar. So until lvl 78 (it is, right?) I might have Slave on 4 stars already.

A lot of people bought this 40 euro Slave+Boba cards, so as f2p you can't expect to be top5 until you have it unlocked. Well I managed rank#2 two days ago but that was lucky. Our rank#1 invested so much money, he hit the 100k fleet power long ago and obviously bought multiple fleet card packages. Also owns 7* EP and Chaze and everything. Can't compete this f2p.
  • Verkhaz
    7 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Hi guys, I started end of december basically following this guide.

https://swgoh.gg/u/verkhaz/collection/

All I really changed is going Boba instead of QGJ.
    So now after I finshed Lando up to 7*, where do I head with Cantina battles ? Biggs, Plo Koon or somebody entirely else ?
    Also advice on what to spend the fleet points for would be nice.. so far I went Wedge with some ship plans for Biggs X-Wing on the side.

Concerning the tables, I am having some minor issues:

Arena I can stay top 100 easily, rarely reach top 50 but can´t hold that for long. I´m not even sure what team composition to run, tbh. RG is nice but almost impossible to farm up just with Hard Nodes. So far I run Phasma (L), Boba, Lando, STH and RG/Akbar (if I see a Vader, but even then he gets ability locked or dies like a **** before cleanse). As soon as I go 50ish I run into full 7* Rebel Comps with Wedge + Biggs (basically they are where I intended to end up) or Darth Vaders who just destroy me.

GW is a major issue for me. I can reach the "Gold chest" before end almost every day but this stage usually destroys me due to those chars I fight being like 10-12 lvls ahead. If I had to name the problems I´d say Vader killing of key characters early on the way before I can cleanse his combo, Count Dooku tearing one of my tanks apart on the way and lastly I lost to a 3 heal combo where Luminara dodged like 50% of my attacks and self-healed like crazy. Boba Fett is also a problem if my toons are hurt and I have no "no revive rocket" from my own Boba and the timing fits.
    Unlocked Luminare finally, I hope that helps.

Dark and Light side are hard to climb up the unlock ladder as well, but looking at the level restriction I am doing okay I guess. Dark Side is very problematic due to weak dps and no heal worth investing in, so esspecially 3*´ing the missions is an issue.

Finally being able to compete in guild raids, not sure if 5* - 6* Rancor and 6* AAT (were doing this for at least 5 days now..), is the right guild for me.

Last but not least are the next steps of going QGJ, IG-88 and so on this guide proposes still viable ?

Thanks for your thoughts and input,

Verkhaz

• Options
    You need to be in the Top 20 asap in order to stay ahead of the pack. There is some really good info here, but this is also a good guide too (I've used a bit of both): https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/86926/adaptive-f2p-guide#latest
  • Options
    Verkhaz wrote: »
    Hi guys, I started end of december basically following this guide.

https://swgoh.gg/u/verkhaz/collection/

All I really changed is going Boba instead of QGJ.
    So now after I finshed Lando up to 7*, where do I head with Cantina battles ? Biggs, Plo Koon or somebody entirely else ?
    Geonosian Soldier is actually in the guide, he is also important as a pilot. Tie Fighter Pilot is a very good toon, also as a pilot.
    Also advice on what to spend the fleet points for would be nice.. so far I went Wedge with some ship plans for Biggs X-Wing on the side.
    Farm Wedge, Vader and ships for your Fleet (at least five LS and five DS to 4*): (Ackbar lead), Biggs, Wedge, Jedi Consular, Ahsoka, Resistance Pilot on LS and (Tarkin lead), TFP, GS, Sun Fac and grab Slave I and Scimitar whenever you can - they are super slow farms. Try to get in top Fleet Arena range to get more Fleet Store tokens.
    Concerning the tables, I am having some minor issues:

Arena I can stay top 100 easily, rarely reach top 50 but can´t hold that for long. I´m not even sure what team composition to run, tbh. RG is nice but almost impossible to farm up just with Hard Nodes. So far I run Phasma (L), Boba, Lando, STH and RG/Akbar (if I see a Vader, but even then he gets ability locked or dies like a **** before cleanse). As soon as I go 50ish I run into full 7* Rebel Comps with Wedge + Biggs (basically they are where I intended to end up) or Darth Vaders who just destroy me.
    This is not really a team I suggest, with GS I didn't have too much problems staying in top 10 range. And when I see your account I cringe at your task to farm up Boba, would have been so much easier with QGJ.
    GW is a major issue for me. I can reach the "Gold chest" before end almost every day but this stage usually destroys me due to those chars I fight being like 10-12 lvls ahead. If I had to name the problems I´d say Vader killing of key characters early on the way before I can cleanse his combo, Count Dooku tearing one of my tanks apart on the way and lastly I lost to a 3 heal combo where Luminara dodged like 50% of my attacks and self-healed like crazy. Boba Fett is also a problem if my toons are hurt and I have no "no revive rocket" from my own Boba and the timing fits.
    Unlocked Luminare finally, I hope that helps.
    Lumi doesn't really help, protection makes healers unneccessary. You are better off farming Biggs and Phasma instead of Teebo and Lumi, that's not the guide... Wiggs will be the solution to GW, with Wedge lead all rebels heal themselves in a major way with crits and finishing shots. Boba is great too of course with his revive. At your stage I sometimes used JC, and he helped not with heal but because he was a priority target, deflecting from your really important toons.
    Dark and Light side are hard to climb up the unlock ladder as well, but looking at the level restriction I am doing okay I guess. Dark Side is very problematic due to weak dps and no heal worth investing in, so esspecially 3*´ing the missions is an issue.
    Another issue where GS helps in a major way. Also a big help would be allies with strong toons, especially Palpatine makes the DS nodes really so much easier. If you need some, invite me, my ally code is 863-356-369.
    Finally being able to compete in guild raids, not sure if 5* - 6* Rancor and 6* AAT (were doing this for at least 5 days now..), is the right guild for me.
    A guild with heroic Rancor would be better, the rewards are good even at low ranks, and I actually was pretty quickly at about rank 20 in my guild, now probably about 5 (we have damage cap in Rancor because it's too easy by now).
    Last but not least are the next steps of going QGJ, IG-88 and so on this guide proposes still viable ?
    Yes, in my opinion. You really need IG-88 as fifth scoundrel in the important Credit Heist, and he should be ready to go at level 70 and 80, with those CH tiers. If you are all in with Boba, you can go for pilot Ahsoka in Cantina store (after Boba is 7*).
    Generally don't get sidetracked, especially in the initial stages, concentrate fully on farming and gearing your Arena team, with a look at a CH viable scoundrel team and pilots. When your Wiggs team is up and running, you can farm other interesting teams.
  • Options
    With meta changes on the horizon, do. you think this will affect this guide?
  • Options
    Difficult to say. The only real meta change I see is a trend to Zader and Zaul. Palp is only available (and a must anyway!) with five strong rebels which points to starting out with Wiggs, Lando and STH like this guide does. TFP is a suggested farm, Vader shards from Fleet store should be bought anytime they pop up. Overall I'm pretty sure the Wiggs layout in this guide is ready faster than an Empire team, so I might add the next path after Wiggs to the guide and suggest empire farming where possible. I will look into it more closely.
    Personally I am way beyond the realm of this starter guide and still playing Wiggs in Arena (as do about half in the top ranks in my shard), but under Palp lead along with Vader and Boba. I am looking to possibly replace them with TFP and Shore when the latter is strong enough, but really this is a long process and no feasible starter guide material.
    What part in this guide must be changed in your opinion? Please no silly QGJ/Boba debate, both are must haves; but focused on a possible meta change away from Wiggs.
  • Options
    The biggest part I would change would be farming Biggs over Phasma. Then after Biggs is done you can look at IG-88 or Ackbar.

I followed your guide to the letter until I got Phasma to 6* then I started with Biggs. Phasma is very good in GW though. I manage to keep top 10 in arena (am level 70)
  • Raw
    559 posts Member
    Options
    Interesting enough, in my Arena, which is full of Wiggs Lando STH Boba - squads, there is this one guy without Boba but with QGJ or Ackbar, who always manages to kick the higher level players out. Often I see him even in rank#1 with lvl77, although one other is 85 already. This guy seems to invest in many arena refreshes and keeps getting kicked back to #25 or so but always finds his way back. So actually this QGJ-path is viable as well, and even seems to have the potential to win fights that I don't win with my Boba.
  • Options
    Difficult to say. The only real meta change I see is a trend to Zader and Zaul. Palp is only available (and a must anyway!) with five strong rebels which points to starting out with Wiggs, Lando and STH like this guide does. TFP is a suggested farm, Vader shards from Fleet store should be bought anytime they pop up. Overall I'm pretty sure the Wiggs layout in this guide is ready faster than an Empire team, so I might add the next path after Wiggs to the guide and suggest empire farming where possible. I will look into it more closely.
    Personally I am way beyond the realm of this starter guide and still playing Wiggs in Arena (as do about half in the top ranks in my shard), but under Palp lead along with Vader and Boba. I am looking to possibly replace them with TFP and Shore when the latter is strong enough, but really this is a long process and no feasible starter guide material.
    What part in this guide must be changed in your opinion? Please no silly QGJ/Boba debate, both are must haves; but focused on a possible meta change away from Wiggs.

nothing really, just curious. Am level 68 now and arena starts to feel really good. Can't wait for wiggs though. I am top50 with your help. problem is that i am about 10 levels behind the players in the top10.
    I struggle completing GW though. How can i make Ewok elder useful, which toon should i switch for him?
  • Options
    Struggling with GW at some stage is normal. My best advice is to just work towards Wiggs, they really are the stars of GW with their strong self-healing. Until then try to play all useful toons in the early nodes to activate their TM if you need them later on. Mixing up teams is important, so the question "which toon to switch" is dubious to me. Ewok Elder is useful too as he can revive fallen toons, but must be starred, levelled and geared to have enough health / protection as other teams like to shoot him first (ok, in this way he protects the other toons as well, but it's better to have him alive).
  • Raw
    559 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Mixing up teams is important
    With Wiggs Lando Boba, I usually only change one other toon. I take one that can call one of the others as assists. First I take GS, then QGJ. These two normally get me to GW knot 10. If not, I have Ackbar or Barriss to clear Vader's debuffs e.g.
    Then I use Sun Fac for 11 and STH (with full protection) on 12.

I only lost 2 times, that was when the enemy has also Wiggs Lando. And they are already lvl 85 in GW, whereas I am 76 now.

That turn meter preparation was never needed. I just care that I have my CD on the specials ready in the hard fights, so I use basic attack in the (last rounds of) soft fights.