Up to date f2p guide

Replies

• Raw
    559 posts Member
    ...was worth it, rank 3 arena at payout.

So, good to know about mods for the first day on lvl 50:
    - start the day with full cantina energy, it is also needed for mod nodes
    - the crit dmg mods come in round 3. need 4 of it for the bonus. Put it on Biggs, wedge
    - The crit chance mods come in round 4, need 2 of it for bonus. Put it on Lando, Wedge
    - Round 2 gives defensive mods, put it on STH (all 6)
    - Fill the rest with health mods, also maybe wait for the 3-dot-health mods from the challenge
  • I think saving crystals and buying mod packs when they appear in the store is the best way for mods. 1 and 2 dot mods aren't competitive in the long run, and even mod challenges rarely give mods with prefilled secondaries (which upgrade to higher values when levelled). Mod packs are full of these mods and if you save the crystals you spend in mod challenges for these packs the overall value is better in my opinion.
    As a quick fix to stay in top Arena competition it is very good what you did, but honestly I wouldn't bother too much with the challenges. On top of crystals for challenges you also have the considerable trouble to farm, level and gear specific teams (except for health and tenacity mods but no one wants to farm tenacity mods anyway).
  • So I haven't been using gs right now because he is only 2 stars and i was trying to get lando to 7 first, should I get lando to six and then get gs to 4 maybe? Cause I figured 4 star Biggs is better then a 2 star gs? Is that wrong? Also the fet is ridiculous!! A free res when you kill him?!?! So many extra shots too, he usually destroys me single handedly :-P should I forget qj and go for him?

Thanks again for all the help!
  • Hello and thanks for making this guide!
    Can i ask you to translate every reductions like GS, QGS, GW, STH and others into full names? It will be helpful, since im newb.
    Sorry for bad english and thanks again!
  • Raw
    559 posts Member
    Geonosian Soldier
    Qui-Gon Jinn
    Galactic war
    Startrooper Han
    Kings Guard

I use the German version so spelling might be wrong
  • Great guide and debate. I'm just started last week. I got Ackbar and Rey through chromium (before I read this guide), does that change the strategy at all?
  • Raw
    559 posts Member
    I am also newbie, but I would change my strategy if your ackbar is already 4 star. You know time = rank, and with a 4star Ackbar you are like 80 shards of STH away. If you only make 5 shards of arena/day, that would be 16 days, if you make 10 shards of arena that is 8 days. And that is a lot! So I would buy ackbar in arena then.

• Raw
    559 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Currently Rank 2 (payout in 30 min though) I must say timing is even more important than what char you have. I just won against a team level 53 (me 51), they had Wiggs, Lando, STH, QGJ, who even had the first shoot, I won because that stupid bot doesn't focus my Biggs and kills Boba instead, who has one -or more likely- two revives.

OFC a lot of other players have stronger teams but some don't play the hour before payout, but earlier. Then you win because the bot focusses the wrong targets.

Btw. if you want to win against Boba and have a Boba yourself, safe you execution skill for him so he can't revive.
  • I didnt see this guide but I slogging along with some of the stuff similar, what mods do you suggest for these characters?

I Have
    Leia at 7 stars
    Wedge at 7 star
    St Han at 7 Star
    Lando at 7 Star
    Rey at 7 Star
    Biggs at 6 Star
    Phasma at 7 Star
    Boba at 6 Star
    Lumia at 7 Star

I know Lumia and Phasma are not a part of the team just their for completeness
  • Raw wrote: »
    I am also newbie, but I would change my strategy if your ackbar is already 4 star. You know time = rank, and with a 4star Ackbar you are like 80 shards of STH away. If you only make 5 shards of arena/day, that would be 16 days, if you make 10 shards of arena that is 8 days. And that is a lot! So I would buy ackbar in arena then.

Actually, I got the 4* Ackbar too as first Chromium, and still decided to farm STH first. He just is that important. The goal is to mod him to high speed, so that he starts first with taunt which gives everybody even more TM to start the fight. Then you can take out the most dangerous toon and play 5 on 4 (who must start against your STH). Ackbar also gives a speed boost as leader, but it's just not the same. He is splendid for GW at your stage though. And good as pilot of course.
  • I didnt see this guide but I slogging along with some of the stuff similar, what mods do you suggest for these characters?

I Have
    Leia at 7 stars
    Wedge at 7 star
    St Han at 7 Star
    Lando at 7 Star
    Rey at 7 Star
    Biggs at 6 Star
    Phasma at 7 Star
    Boba at 6 Star
    Lumia at 7 Star

I know Lumia and Phasma are not a part of the team just their for completeness

STH speed primary and secondaries
    Wiggs, Phasma crit dmg / speed
    Lando, Rey crit chance, crit dmg
    Boba, QGJ potency, speed
    For Rey I like tenacity too because of her unique.
    Protection primaries are good for everybody, dps toons also like absolute health and protection secondaries
    OFC a lot of other players have stronger teams but some don't play the hour before payout, but earlier. Then you win because the bot focusses the wrong targets.
    You know there is not THE payout time? It's 6 p.m. for everybody (at the timezone the device had when starting the game for the first time). So, if you are lucky, nobody in the top ranks fights at your time. My shard is rather lucky as only two top players have the same payout time, so there is Rank 1 for a lot of players every day.
  • So what are your guys thoughts on the Tie Pilot for FT players?
    Super easy to farm and lots of good things about it
  • 6) It's actually the first step actually, but probably too late for players interested in this guide, but still. Set your device to a not so popular time zone when you start playing SWGOH to avoid payout competition. I choose Baku and am the only one with this timezone at Arena payout. Also getting a few hours ahead allows you start the "new day" in the evening which allows you an early start in the day if you wish, I like it a lot this way.

Ho li ****, I whish I new this when I started this game.... I am competing with at least 5 top players for #1 each day constantly sniping each other. There are not active on the forums so I cant reach them :expressionless: Well, lets go back to sniping that #1 xD ! :smile:
    SWGOH.gg profile - Our guild, 3720 to 1, has 1 spot open! [49/50].
  • So what are your guys thoughts on the Tie Pilot for FT players?
    My account this guide is based on farms TFP right now to 7*, so I support you here. Still, I'm not really sure where this is leading. A squad of Palpatine, Vader, Shore, TFP, Boba is totally great, but it's so difficult to beat out the Wiggs team. In any case, TFP is a very safe choice to build up for your Fleet squad.
  • Raw
    559 posts Member
    Doitsuyama wrote: »
    Raw wrote: »
    You know there is not THE payout time? It's 6 p.m. for everybody (at the timezone the device had when starting the game for the first time). So, if you are lucky, nobody in the top ranks fights at your time. My shard is rather lucky as only two top players have the same payout time, so there is Rank 1 for a lot of players every day.

Ah okay, thank you for the clarification.
  • Raw
    559 posts Member
    So what are your guys thoughts on the Tie Pilot for FT players?
    My account this guide is based on farms TFP right now to 7*, so I support you here. Still, I'm not really sure where this is leading. A squad of Palpatine, Vader, Shore, TFP, Boba is totally great, but it's so difficult to beat out the Wiggs team. In any case, TFP is a very safe choice to build up for your Fleet squad.

I still farm Lando's 7th star. But when I'm done, should I go to GS or TFP?
    Not sure how difficult that 4-B-neutral is at all. Can you tell me what level the opponents are?
    I only do Lando so did not continue in the cantina mission.
    So what are your guys thoughts on the Tie Pilot for FT players?
    I still farm Lando's 7th star. But when I'm done, should I go to GS or TFP?
    Not sure how difficult that 4-B-neutral is at all. Can you tell me what level the opponents are?
    I only do Lando so did not continue in the cantina mission.
    It's your choice - I like someone to try TFP instead of Lando until Wiggs is ready and report back, hehe. If you farm GS you really are on the safe side. Pilot value, damage and health are comparable, but GS is easy to gear until gear 11. For comparison the purple+raid+gold gear needed:
    Gear 7 to 8: GS 0, TFP 110
    Gear 8 to 9: GS 110, TFP 170+50
    Gear 9 to 10: GS 90+50, TFP 220+100
    Gear 10 to 11: GS 50+50+110, TFP 220+110
    Since gear (as well as credits) is the real limitation for f2p players I would still recommend GS for the start (like I still recommend QGJ over Boba for the start for the same reason).

• Raw
    559 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    oh okay I forgot that Wedge is also cantina (and I have him).

So in the time between Lando already 7* (I have 20/100 and do maybe 5-10 shards a day) and not yet being level 69 for Wedge, I will go for GS because of that gear problem. Thank you for that information again.

"Instead of Lando" would not be helpful, because GS is not in my Arena Team. I just need GS or TFP for Fleet or Dark Side nodes.
  • Raw
    559 posts Member
    Another question, you say contact the other top10 arena players (or so). What do you discuss with them?
    Another question, you say contact the other top10 arena players (or so). What do you discuss with them?
    Just the obvious, we know each others payout times and take other guys down only after that. There is that obnoxious guy in our shard who always attacks out of his own time so naturally we also help to neutralize him (keep him busy, take him down).
    Arena is weird in a way as pretty much everyone can beat every other guy in top 5, so it's really best to coexist and allow everybody Rank 1 at his payout.

• Raw
    559 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Doitsuyama, I just finished at payout Rank1 with level 53 (Rank2 was level 56, Rank 9 even a "whale" with level 61.)
    Thank you so much for this guide :) Although I use Boba Fett instead of QGJ.
  • Raw
    559 posts Member
    edited December 2016
  • Quick question on lando and GS. I have GS at 2 stars and 16/65 shards on lando going for 5 stars. Should I just get lando to 7 stars, or maybe get gs to 3 or 4 stars after i get lando to 5? Any tips on what would be best?

Thanks again for this guide!
  • Stuey wrote: »
    Quick question on lando and GS. I have GS at 2 stars and 16/65 shards on lando going for 5 stars. Should I just get lando to 7 stars, or maybe get gs to 3 or 4 stars after i get lando to 5? Any tips on what would be best?

Thanks again for this guide!
    If you can get into a guild with T6 or heroic raids it's a must to have one character at 6/7* as soon as possible. It's generally advisable to farm one character to 7* before starting another, but if both are in the Arena team, it's an exception as the team strength is going up quicker if you are farming both to 4*, then to 5* and so on. In my tryout I farmed Lando to 6* asap as my guild was doing T6 raids then, and soon after continued to 7* as heroic raids were near. Try to use the current double drop in cantina, this makes it a lot faster.

• Raw
    559 posts Member
    I like to add something from my noob experience:

The 6th star costs 500k credits, the 7th star 1 mio credits. So make sure you have some right in time.
    In my case I had Lando 7stars and some others 6 and 5 stars, also bought a Mod Pack my credit ran low.

Also I didn't see that Biggs is available on 3-G neutral (enemies strength level 50 Boss and Elite).
    So after Lando 7 star you might want to help Biggs to get 7 star a little faster with that cantina fights.
  • After you max out GS is it worth the cantina energy to push up to 3-G or should we just be spending this on Mod battles?
  • Raw
    559 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    With these double cantina rewards (ending today) my Biggs will be 7star today, so for me it was worth G-3-neutral. Mod battles do not give you double rewards atm.

However I have no idea what to farm next in GW after my biggs is maxed.

Would Poggle be interesting in combo with GS?

Or rather Luminara for the Supporter Team (GES-Challenge might be a problem in future)?

Or resistance pilot, which was already free 2* with his ship?
    Post edited by Raw on
  • Drizz
    31 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    So I tried t follow the guide but also taking some advice from guild mates and other sources. But I feel I am following behind because having a harder time to do GW now and climbing Arena. I still manage to complete GW but barely. I am level 56. I started in high arena rank but i climbed to the top 200 now but struggling to go higher because I only have one character with level 7 gear. Maybe I can get some advice on how i can optimize my next month of farming. Here are my top 8 characters (in order of power):
    Lando 7 stars level 7 gear, Biggs 6 stars level 6 gear,
    STH 5 stars level 6 gear, Lumari 4 stars level 6 gear,
    Bobba 5 stars almost 6 level 5 gear, Wedge level 6 gear,
    Royal Guard 3 stars level 5 gear, Qui-Gon Jinn 4 stars level 4 gear
    Those are my top 8. I got GS at only 1 star

I am currently farming Biggs in GW / Cantina / dark side, Bobba in Cantina Store / dark side, Rey in Guild Store / light side, and royal guard dark side. How is this approach and any suggestions on improving things? My gear seems to be hurting me the most. I also thought maybe I should have kept getting Gui-gon Jin before Bobba but I needed a good dark side character to start clearing some Dark side missions. Also I have only cleared the first stage of the mods, kind of lost with mods and when to farm mods vs character shards. (stuck 2 mods on each of my top 5 guys)
  • also are the mod packs that are on sale right now worth considering?