JKA overrated?

Apoc88
259 posts Member
edited November 2016
I've heard a lot of people talk about Ani being a great toon. Not that I've got him 7* gearX I feel like I just wasted all that time farming and gearing when I should have been going after someone else. He's just terrible. He doesn't hit very hard with his AoE or basic, even with his unique triggered. His high health/protection is a joke as he seems to die quicker then anyone. He's basically a liability if I have him on the team. Am I missing something here?
Post edited by Apoc88 on

Replies

• Pcx99
    399 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    He has a good solid kit and is useful in high health retaliation teams. But you are right that the meta has shifted under him a bit with chirrut, baze and shore trooper. However no character is truly useless. A Jedi team is a good starter in tournies and jka is an essential part of the p1 Jedi squad for the aat raid. So not that useful in arena these days but you'll need him elsewhere.
  • I'm in the same boat, he's a long farm and I gradually built a team of Rex (L), Sun Fac, JKA, Fives and Aayla.

In a typical arena fight, he does AoE then gets dropped. I've have a bunch of crit-chance and potency mods on him too.

Any suggestions on a replacement for that line up?
  • He is overrated in IMO but he does give a nice boost when paired with Ahsoka.
  • I have JKA fully moded and gear XI. He hits 10k+ in basic and AOE. With attack bonus, the damage reaches 15K+. It is useful for almost anything, AOE team, Jedi team, GW, AAT raid. I will not say that he is the best hero in the game, but he is definitely a hero worth having.
  • DarthX wrote: »
    I have JKA fully moded and gear XI. He hits 10k+ in basic and AOE. With attack bonus, the damage reaches 15K+. It is useful for almost anything, AOE team, Jedi team, GW, AAT raid. I will not say that he is the best hero in the game, but he is definitely a hero worth having.

Same here, jka is anwesome toon. He's best under his leader ability. I run lando lead st han jka b2 qgj and i stay under 40 all day and night.
  • you can't just slap him in a squad and call it good especially before gear 11. He shines in tanky counter squads where the battle will go long and his extra turns can take over the match. Sun fac, Rex, anakin etc. Biggs and wedge are so ridiculous some of the shine has come off because it's simply easier on offense to instagib everything but still a top 10 pvp toon IMO.
  • Holio
    99 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    Gotta be G11... before he starts to shine..
  • Running Palpatine (l), Rg, TFP, ShoreT, Ani atm. Works well - Tried a few chars in Ani's place but he does an excellent job of staying alive and hurting alot.

He scales incredibly well with +offense!
  • TyloRen
    381 posts Moderator
    He was real good relatively speaking when he was G11 and not many other toons could be, I feel like a lot of toons have caught up and surpassed him since then. Still a good addition to any team that doesn't need synergy.
  • TMK
    700 posts Member
    His leader ability was “outstanding“ when he came out and he is stagnant because other toons are on his level aka on par with him now. He had gear level advantage which is now gone. Similar case was with GS but I still use GS in Phasma-led team easily.
  • DarthX wrote: »
    I have JKA fully moded and gear XI. He hits 10k+ in basic and AOE. With attack bonus, the damage reaches 15K+. It is useful for almost anything, AOE team, Jedi team, GW, AAT raid. I will not say that he is the best hero in the game, but he is definitely a hero worth having.

And gets tons of extra attacks. And he has a great leader ability. And highly useful in any group. And a great base attack with awesome debuffs. Ya he is horrible...
  • I've seen his aoe crit for up to 15k per toon and it has a fairly low cooldown that is made lower by the extra attacks he generates. His basic hits for similar numbers while inflicting buff and heal immunity. He has a very good skill set and I think he's one of the best toons in the game
  • I guess u r using him incorrectly, he is a very powerful toon.
  • I have Anakin 5* almost to G10, I use Old Ben lead, JKA, QGJ, Sidious and Lando but I'm going to be switching Sidious with Ahsoka shortly because her and Anakin work awesome together! I personally love Anakin. I just reached level 80 and that team gets me through GW and now into the 100 ranks of my arena.
  • Current team: Ben(L), Lando, Biggs, Rey, B2. I change things a bit depending on the opponent like Palp(L) but that's the core team. All 7* gearX. They all are more effective then Anakin. I've tried using him in multiple different teams, as leader, etc.. Bottom line my arena team suffers when he's in the team. They are all on similar power mods as well. Without him I'm in the top30. With him I struggle to stay top50. My Wedge is almost ready to go in the team. Then I hope to move up more.
  • I'm in the same boat, he's a long farm and I gradually built a team of Rex (L), Sun Fac, JKA, Fives and Aayla.

In a typical arena fight, he does AoE then gets dropped. I've have a bunch of crit-chance and potency mods on him too.

Any suggestions on a replacement for that line up?

This is my exact arena team and I think JKA is one of the stars. His damage is very solid when someone else goes down or when called on an Aayla assist.
  • Get him to gear XI. I thought the same thing as you did at gear X but believe it or not, I find him extremely useful.
  • Well anyone gear XI is better then at gear X lol. I just threw in a 5* gear 8 Wedge in my team and he truly makes me feel like I wasted time with JKA. A character at that point should not outshine and hit harder then someone 7* gear X. Now I see why everyone loves Wiggs..
  • Achilles
    1380 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Ani got reworked, when Dodge lead was meta ... his leader ability adding attack power + advantage after a miss was a nice counter to this + his gear advantage made him shine. Now, since Dooku got lost in arena, Old Ben became rare and every char can get gear XI, his only real point left is his unique which gives him extra turns. You need good mods to make him shine now.
    Left by design.
    The fixed payout times are the worst part of this game and makes it absolutely family-unfriendly.
  • evanbio
    1505 posts Member
    This thread is depressing me. I'm farming JKA now and he is 5* G8. I was hoping to stop gearing him at 9 to focus on someone else for a while as I star him up. Ive got to get him to 11 for him to be viable? I may need to switch to TFP instead....
  • JKAs a beast. First in my shard every day. My main competition just switched to JKA to compete with me.
    - you gotta run Crit damage on him with either the mod set or a triangle
    - Hell hit plenty hard then, but that's not the reason he's a beast. He's a beast because he basically runs a soft taunt due to his unique. Kill somebody else first and he's gonna make you pay.

And he's a pretty rough guy to kill first. Mine has 50k between health and protection. By the time hes taken care of my other toons have done a lot of damage.
  • He needs to be max. G10 ani is trash compared to g11. He needs to be modded extremely well with loads of crit chance and 216% crit dmg. He also needs to be pretty tanky to shine. Mine has 55k hp and works wonders. Without those he will not shine and you will be disappointed.
  • Darthisthenight
    386 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Ya GXI does go a long way. I'm running like 181 Crit damage though and it's working.

JKA won't help you compete in elite arena just because he hits hard. It's that unique. It's WHEN he hits hard. Every time your opponent tries to take out about her one of your other toons