Guessing the next meta

Prev1
Since Poe and FOTP nerfs are almost guaranteed to get nerfs in the next update, what do you think the meta will become? I know it's impossible to know for sure, but I think it's possible to make a good guess. Since Yoda, Luke, and Obi-Wan are very likely, I think the meta will likely shift to Jedi teams, making Mace (who is almost guaranteed a buff) and JK Anakin good guesses. Anybody else have an educated guess?

Replies

• I have a theory about character strengths. the more popular the character, the less powerful they will be in the game. Every **** and his brother wants yoda, of coarse he is going to be terrible. same with Han and empire Luke. look at the big offenders in the nerf discussion. FOTP, barris, Geo, poggle, ig86, poe? all basically no name characters. you could argue poe is not a no name, but he is in the movie for about 10 minutes total. mace? anakin? ST han? chewie? finn? nowhere on the leaderboards. its luck that Leia was bugged, and i dont know how old OB1K actually became a strong character.
  • I think next patch will be the theme of episode 4,5,6. This means Yoda and Luke as the jedi. There will probably be a pack involving Yoda so those willing to pay will be able to snag him at 4 stars off the bat.

I see the potential for all jedi teams. Waiting to see Yoda and Lukes leader abilities (if any), but I am excited to try an all-jedi team using Ima as leader. I am especially excited to see how he works as a leader when they change the way defense works. Again, this may change if I like Yoda or Luke's leader abilities better.

• They do anything to poe just don't nerf his speed. He's the only good tank that can do that. I'll be rocking Droids.
  • I have used an all jedi team in the past. they get eaten alive by Sid and Dooku. you cant land a shot on sid, and dooku will stun 1 or more per turn. with dooku returning to arena comps there really isnt a place for a jedi team.
  • I have used an all jedi team in the past. they get eaten alive by Sid and Dooku. you cant land a shot on sid, and dooku will stun 1 or more per turn. with dooku returning to arena comps there really isnt a place for a jedi team.

Patience. Balance to the force, Yoda will bring.
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    I have used an all jedi team in the past. they get eaten alive by Sid and Dooku. you cant land a shot on sid, and dooku will stun 1 or more per turn. with dooku returning to arena comps there really isnt a place for a jedi team.

There will most likely need to be some sort of anti-Sith or anti-anti-Jedi component added to the game.
  • If all-Jedi teams become common-place, you can expect to see Maul come swooping in to dam-near 1-shot all of them! ;)
  • Since Poe and FOTP nerfs are almost guaranteed to get nerfs in the next update, what do you think the meta will become? I know it's impossible to know for sure, but I think it's possible to make a good guess. Since Yoda, Luke, and Obi-Wan are very likely, I think the meta will likely shift to Jedi teams, making Mace (who is almost guaranteed a buff) and JK Anakin good guesses. Anybody else have an educated guess?

Rebels are the next FOTM

you can think that. i believe the reality will be a $99 yoda, kit fisto, mace pack in the store that these nerds will go absolutely go crazy for. he will be farmable too, everyone will be chasing him. and then? they will realize after leveling him that he is the jedi version of Savage opress. no way he can be powerful if everyone wants him just because he is yoda. if he is good on top of that he will be in every single team at 7* within a month.
  • The meta will shift to geo Soldier and dooku. Only reason people haven't been yelling for a nerf to GS is because most have not figured out how powerful he actually is and most don't use him.

Which also brings up, how many characters are actually powerful just no one has really tried them to see.
  • Jaqen_Hghar
    491 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    I have used an all jedi team in the past. they get eaten alive by Sid and Dooku. you cant land a shot on sid, and dooku will stun 1 or more per turn. with dooku returning to arena comps there really isnt a place for a jedi team.

you can think that. i believe the reality will be a $99 yoda, kit fisto, mace pack in the store that these nerds will go absolutely go crazy for. he will be farmable too, everyone will be chasing him. and then? they will realize after leveling him that he is the jedi version of Savage opress. no way he can be powerful if everyone wants him just because he is yoda. if he is good on top of that he will be in every single team at 7* within a month.

The $99 pack I def see happening for Yoda. Don't think he will be farm-able aside from farming chromium packs with your wallet. If his abilities are anything like the ones pulled from the game data, he will be nothing like Savage.

But people will go crazy for him and even if he ends up not being the best, people will use him nonetheless.
  • i just read the info on yoda. it seems he has a lot of dooku's abilities pasted over as his. looks pretty sketchy to me. it says he has a chance to apply ability block after dodging. how can that happen if he doesnt counter attack?

• you can think that. i believe the reality will be a $99 yoda.

I think it will be USD$109.99
  • xJazzx wrote: »

you can think that. i believe the reality will be a $99 yoda.

$110.99*
  • xJazzx wrote: »

you can think that. i believe the reality will be a $99 yoda.

$110.99*

At 80% discounted price it is a bargain, considering the fact that New Year Bundle was valued at USD$100.
  • I'm going to give a point of view different to the rest.

Based on what i have learnt i believe we will see new droid classes along side the jedi hype. These droids with current droids will create deadly synergies that will be in the top meta builds.

If people were getting ready there is three droids among us now that should be maxed out. ;)
  • I think Yoda will cost......

5exyu0.jpg
    Ally Code: 945-699-762

5exyu0.jpg

Okay. Yeah we can do that.

What was your team composed of?
  • Since Poe and FOTP nerfs are almost guaranteed to get nerfs in the next update, what do you think the meta will become? I know it's impossible to know for sure, but I think it's possible to make a good guess. Since Yoda, Luke, and Obi-Wan are very likely, I think the meta will likely shift to Jedi teams, making Mace (who is almost guaranteed a buff) and JK Anakin good guesses. Anybody else have an educated guess?

these almost guarantee's are like chaff in the wind. Where did you almost hear these allegations?
  • I have a theory about character strengths. the more popular the character, the less powerful they will be in the game. Every **** and his brother wants yoda, of coarse he is going to be terrible. same with Han and empire Luke. look at the big offenders in the nerf discussion. FOTP, barris, Geo, poggle, ig86, poe? all basically no name characters. you could argue poe is not a no name, but he is in the movie for about 10 minutes total. mace? anakin? ST han? chewie? finn? nowhere on the leaderboards. its luck that Leia was bugged, and i dont know how old OB1K actually became a strong character.

Leia is still really strong.....
  • I'm going to give a point of view different to the rest.

Based on what i have learnt i believe we will see new droid classes along side the jedi hype. These droids with current droids will create deadly synergies that will be in the top meta builds.

If people were getting ready there is three droids among us now that should be maxed out. ;)

already have ig86 maxed and ig88 5*, throwing some extra love towards unlocking hk47 since i have too many arena shipments, anyone want any?

5exyu0.jpg
    lol i love doctor evil.
  • pay2win wrote: »

qui gon, JC , lumi, ahsoka, kit fisto. qui gon and fisto were early chomium pulls at 2*. ahsoka is awful and so is kit fisto, at least at low level. they got shredded by dooku's stun and sid's 90% dodge. i had to dump jedi and bring in others just so i could get a chance to land a shot on sid.
  • Rutank wrote: »
    I have a theory about character strengths. the more popular the character, the less powerful they will be in the game. Every **** and his brother wants yoda, of coarse he is going to be terrible. same with Han and empire Luke. look at the big offenders in the nerf discussion. FOTP, barris, Geo, poggle, ig86, poe? all basically no name characters. you could argue poe is not a no name, but he is in the movie for about 10 minutes total. mace? anakin? ST han? chewie? finn? nowhere on the leaderboards. its luck that Leia was bugged, and i dont know how old OB1K actually became a strong character.

Leia is still really strong.....
    ok, so leia and ben out of all the awesome jedi and other characters including luke that are huge to the franchise, but terrible in this game.
  • pay2win wrote: »

qui gon, JC , lumi, ahsoka, kit fisto. qui gon and fisto were early chomium pulls at 2*. ahsoka is awful and so is kit fisto, at least at low level. they got shredded by dooku's stun and sid's 90% dodge. i had to dump jedi and bring in others just so i could get a chance to land a shot on sid.

Sid doesn't have 90% dodge. Using 2* against 3*+ teams was probably your problem.
  • i dont know what his base evasion is. but adding 35% for jedi makes it extremely tough to kill him with 5 guys consistantly missing. not to mention if you use a special to end him early it is generally wasted. I havent seen a lot of 5 man jedi squads in my arena because of the high probability of running into a few sith.
  • i dont know what his base evasion is. but adding 35% for jedi makes it extremely tough to kill him with 5 guys consistantly missing. not to mention if you use a special to end him early it is generally wasted. I havent seen a lot of 5 man jedi squads in my arena because of the high probability of running into a few sith.

Darth Sidius Dodge is 51. 35% of 51 is 17.85. So he has about 69 Dodge against Jedi. http://www.swgohcantina.com/darth-sidious/

For comparison, QGJ had a Dodge of 90.
    http://www.swgohcantina.com/qui-gon-jinn/
  • I interpreted that as +35% chance to evade. Not +35% to the evade stat.
  • I interpreted that as +35% chance to evade. Not +35% to the evade stat.

Either way, its only great against Jedi. QGJ is great against everyone.