We need better reward scaling for tournaments

See title
BECAUSE I'M BATMAN - me

Replies

• I agree.
  • And a limit to refreshes. If it's about having a wide bench of toons. Why have unlimited refreshes of your top 5 over and over and over
  • Brown89 wrote: »
    And a limit to refreshes. If it's about having a wide bench of toons. Why have unlimited refreshes of your top 5 over and over and over

That would pretty much guarantee the whales always win, lol
    BECAUSE I'M BATMAN - me
  • Brown89 wrote: »
    And a limit to refreshes. If it's about having a wide bench of toons. Why have unlimited refreshes of your top 5 over and over and over

Limiting refreshes is the worst idea ever, the only thing that gives a non whale a small chance of ranking above whales is the ability to save ally points and use as many refreshes as it takes. Unbalanced shard placement is a far larger issue...
  • Its so fun fighting the same wiggs teams over and over and over with the same team to guarantee the most points. There's got to be a better system
  • Nack_Alfaghn
    593 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    They either need to set it so more players unlock the tournaments prize or have the shards set up more fairly.

#MakeTournamentsFun
  • Agree, maybe if you hit a certain level during a window that's a prize lock-in. If you then fall, you get at least that? Maybe only during earache 24. But at the moment it's barely worth doing more than the minimum
  • Wasn't it about the same as last couple? I thought it was just that this premium character/ship unlocks at 80 shards (4*) instead of 30, so people were all focused on, "Hey you have to be top 25 to unlock!" Doesn't mean it needs to change, just means you have to push harder than previous tournaments if you wanted unlock that bad.
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
  • Wasn't it about the same as last couple? I thought it was just that this premium character/ship unlocks at 80 shards (4*) instead of 30, so people were all focused on, "Hey you have to be top 25 to unlock!" Doesn't mean it needs to change, just means you have to push harder than previous tournaments if you wanted unlock that bad.

OR create servers for F2P and P2P players. Also servers for those that test out new characters and guilds with special access.
  • I definitely agree on the shards reward scaling. 25 shards for one tier and then suddenly a huge jump to 60. and not too far up is 300+ shards. ??? That is not very balanced at all.

• or add more servers and keep the numbers lower per server
  • RancorPackGuild
    1363 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    :|
  • The effective number of shards per prize bracket didn't change I think. The main difference was that this was a 4* unlock vs a 3* unlock which all the previous tourneys were.

This is a 2 way street. The full character rewards before meant that once you unlocked the character the first time, the number of shards for subsequent full character prizes (2nd tourney) would be less. For example, placing 3rd in the first shoretrooper tournament meant that you had to place 5th in the follow up tournament to reach 7 stars. In this instance, placing 3rd means you need to place 10th in the subsequent tourney to max at 7 stars.

• V1p3rdyn4sty
    2674 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    The scale seems to be very fair. Devs got it right. Imo :)
  • Do people actually think that f2p could ever beat whales, unlimited refreshes or no? Either way you don't stand a chance. They have way more ally points than us
  • Make the tournaments only an hour long. Most probably don't even do an hour of battling over the 48 hours so why bother having it so long? A lot more people would have a chance.
  • Why not have the defense teams be the players top 5? Pick the leader and go. Seeing wiggs and ep over and over and over is annoying and boring.
    I am the Reaper
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Why not have the defense teams be the players top 5? Pick the leader and go. Seeing wiggs and ep over and over and over is annoying and boring.

Because nobody wants to fight 5 tanks all day long
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • Guys what I'm saying is that they should re-scale the rewards of all of the tournaments, not just the Vader one
    BECAUSE I'M BATMAN - me
  • Let's be honest - there are really two problems with the current tournament structure. And it has to do with shard placement:

1) The finish line (or "unlock" line, if you want) moves. At the start of a tournament, there is no target score. You have no idea how many AP it's going to take...or how much time or how many battles, etc. There is no goal - except to play more and win more than the other 5k people in your shard. Which brings me to the second problem:

2) Shard placement. Some shards unlocked at 3k AP, others 8k and still others...well, l
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • I dont know what the 'best' system would be in terms of game balance, but what I think would be the most fun for me personally is a very long extended version of galactic march.

Rewards determined by how far you get instead of being exclusive to a certain group of people who somehow can rack up thousands of points even with the rapidly diminishing return on points earned.

Now I would also really like to be able to use ally points to refresh dead guys in galactic march. :smile:
  • The best fix is to limit attacks to a degree. My solution is make it kind of like the arena itself, but the difference would be everyone gets 5 attacks every 6 hours over a 2 day period. And keep the point system in place except for the degenerating points on a win. Make each of the 3 choices for attack have a slightly different value to earn.
  • Kabitoe10
    184 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Also you wouldn't have to refresh characters for multiple attacks