Is it too close to a meta shift to farm wiggs now?

Currently run
Rex (L)
JKA
Lando
B2
fast ST Han

Are we too close to a meta change to start farming wedge now? Biggs is ready to go and right now I'm finishing Boba and TFP.
Any advice is welcomed :)

Replies

• Boba_The_Fetter
    3393 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    I got destroyed by an empire team with my wiggs lando sthan team. That empirial tie pilot just shut me down and shoretrooper. Definitely too late, but still good characters
  • I got destroyed by an empire team with my wiggs lando sthan team. That empirial tie pilot just shut me down and shoretrooper. Definitely too late, but still good characters

Still makes GW go 2x as fast which is my favorite part about having them.

But TIE fighter pilot is stronger in an empire team than a wiggs team currently.
  • Wow. What was its speed? Might just boost him up if he's that good. Who all was he running with it?
  • I run a mish mash team of EP, Lando, Ventress, STHan, and RG and can easily take all but the fastest gear 11 Wiggs combos on my shard.

You may do well to slow down your STHan and make him as tanky as possible.

It sounds asinine but I took my STHan from 210 speed (225 with Lando lead) and just over 40k of health and protection to 149 speed and just under 55k health/protection.

Trying (and failing) to control first turn can be frustrating but I believe he does best as a strong tank rather than taunt and die before the second turn.
  • Lkw
    125 posts Member
    You pretty much need wedge for att raid too
  • Lkw wrote: »
    You pretty much need wedge for att raid too

Wedge is mvp level for AAT raid.
    Meanwhile, down on the farm....
  • of the two possible best team setups in game now that is possible imo, wiggs is a part of one team.

wiggs has great value in raids also, so it's never too late to farm wiggs.
  • If you don't have a 7* Palpatine then it wouldent hurt to farm him now even though you have until August when the event comes back
  • Ring
    559 posts Member
    Are we too close to a meta change to start farming wedge now?

Considering Wedge's usefulness, I would say it's never too late to start farming him. He's useful in the Arena, in GW, in Fleet Battles... He's pretty much the Swiss Army Knife of GoH. Since you seem to have the rest of what comprises a decent Rebel team (Lando and STHan), I would definitely say go for it. And once Chirrut becomes farmable (or his tourney returns), definitely throw him into the mix. With 7 or 8 HoTs on your characters during the fight, they become practically immortal, almost instantly healing from any damage taken.
  • Ring wrote: »
    Are we too close to a meta change to start farming wedge now?

And once Chirrut becomes farmable (or his tourney returns), definitely throw him into the mix. With 7 or 8 HoTs on your characters during the fight, they become practically immortal, almost instantly healing from any damage taken.

I hadn't considered how much of a difference Chirrut could make for a fast Han. Because he is so fast he might be able to make frequent use of all the heal over time and not die so easily. And of course as long as Han is alive and taunting the rest of your team is super fast as well.
  • Never too late to farm toons. Both are pilots too, which is an added bonus in today's version of the game. Wiggs will help MAJOR in GW too.
  • Wedge is too good to pass up.
  • I got destroyed by an empire team with my wiggs lando sthan team. That empirial tie pilot just shut me down and shoretrooper. Definitely too late, but still good characters

That's why I use Wedge, Biggs, Akbar, Leia, and Aayla. It's quite comical to see Tie Pilot struggle to do any thing against me. As for any others really. Only a few empire teams have been able to beat me, because Emperor Palps is wrongly fast, and then they get lucky with RG and some missed crits.
  • Ring
    559 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    I hadn't considered how much of a difference Chirrut could make for a fast Han.

Even a 3 or 4 star Chirrut (mine is at 4*) can make a world of difference. I'm scared to think what he's like at 7*.

2w23p89.png

(that's my GW team, replaced STHan with RG because of his insane HP. For arena I still use STHan)
  • Its all about mods not the character.
  • So who's the better lead, Lando or Wedge?
  • It's very situational @Scythapox. Lando's speed boost can be absolutely instrumental when it comes down to a STHan speed showdown. Otherwise Wedge's heals, the overall offense boost, and the TM gain (think Lando landing five criticals at 10% TM each.. then firing off his special again.. and again..) is debatably one of the best leader abilities in the game.
  • My only real problem with Wedge is the 100 cuffs required just to bring him to G9. Biggs is easy enough after collecting enough stun gun salvage. I'm currently farming cuffs and buying them from fleet shipments when I have the tokens and after following a guildmate's tip (i.e. don't multisim when the time is a multiple of five), I've largely experienced a fair drop rate no different from other purples (though I did once spend 130 energy for nothing...). But those are gonna be used to bring JKA to G10 as he's more AAT-ready than Wedge will be for some time.
    .GG Profile | Got spaces on my ally list.
  • hnewton wrote: »
    I got destroyed by an empire team with my wiggs lando sthan team. That empirial tie pilot just shut me down and shoretrooper. Definitely too late, but still good characters

But TIE fighter pilot is stronger in an empire team than a wiggs team currently.

This. If you struggle with GW, rebel team with Biggs/wedge is your answer.
  • Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    Ring wrote: »
    I hadn't considered how much of a difference Chirrut could make for a fast Han.

Even a 3 or 4 star Chirrut (mine is at 4*) can make a world of difference. I'm scared to think what he's like at 7*.

2w23p89.png

(that's my GW team, replaced STHan with RG because of his insane HP. For arena I still use STHan)

That's an insta-kill on any of those 5 from Boba. +30% damage for each buff...yum.
  • Cardiff0
    516 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    I would go against what everyone else is advising you just to give the other point of view. I'm actually not 100% sure about this myself and have thought about it for a while now, and am not sure what to do. I have almost enough wedge shards for 7* but no gear. I can't bring myself to upgrade.

By the sounds of it you're talking only arena. The thing is there's quite a few other aspects of the game now, which you need to consider. They can do quite a lot.
    - Ships, where Biggs looks good, and I'd expect rebels to be pretty strong long term.
    - Raids where they can get good numbers, and guarantee that, but with time and zetas, other teams will too.
    - Tourneys where they will alone make a food team to give you easy wins before you have to pay 5k ally points per refresh.

Wiggs will always have value in many areas purely because they churn out huge damage that hasn't been matched until now.

As for arena, which obviously is really important. Look there are other arena teams you can make that are going to be as effective, probably more so as a squad. They have had months oneshotting and dominating arena, I would expect them to be made irrelevant now. There's a chance they will be a necessity in upcoming rebel teams. Although they will probably get phased out, I don't know. I would say with arena there will probably be much better teams soon but it's anyone's guess. Their damage is so high it's hard to say, they can always slot in anywhere and bring you about 30-40k in damage at super speed (Biggs TM gain is insane). Coming as a duo can be a disadvantage though. Overall, for arena, I'd say right now, don't use your gear on wiggs. They will probly be outclassed.

As another consideration I hate rebel scum and have hated wiggs since day one, especially the fact that they oneshot cheese everyone in arena for months and had such high damage numbers in comparison to everyone else, despite being nobodys. They are absolutely dead at this point and have been abused for months and I am pretty sick of them TBH. They are a pretty boring choice, and passing on them will allow you to do a lot more fun things.

This game is about gear. There isn't enough to go around and it's really expensive to buy more. Every upgrade is a question of if it's worth the gear. And they will wh 0re themselves out for your syringes, they need a combined 400. If you run out of syringes ever, that is equivalent to 11200 crystals, which is like 80 dollars. Wedge needs all rancor gear too, but IMO that is less concerning.

For me not upgrading them has done things like allowing me to instantly upgrade boba. Who by the way would be having an absolute field day with that @Ring

It's close. They will always be useful in the game for damage, if a little lame. At the moment I don't think it's worth it overall, but this could easily only be because I don't like them. I have been considering for a while now, but because they aren't all that any more and others are good in arena I go with options I prefer and save my gear for others.
  • hnewton wrote: »

Really? Because Palps and TFP help me finish GW in 10 minutes or less. And TFP is only G9, 5*.
  • MD_Geist
    298 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    It only depends on you: Do you want Wedge which is a very strong combo with Biggs even if its "too" late - because it will always be a little to late if you aren't a whale and Arena Meta is about too change. As a normal player if you need to build up a character from the ground (which means you not have him stars/geared etc.) you can't catch up with "whales" and if you finished the character (or both for the Wiggs combo) new toons (Baze, TFP etc.) are already released and you are left behind. Overall you still own a strong character or combo for raids, GW, ships etc. Wedge is strong enough so the only question is, do you want him or not.

I spend only a little but i never tried to catch up meta toons, i have no dooku, rey or wedge but i am still do fine (and also was happy as FTP for many months), my droids catch top5 every day against the meta and now i build up empire (already TFP with 6* and gear XI!) because i like it and maybe i am faster than most non whales with this team and on top of it i was able to get 4* shore, 3* Chirrut and 4* TIE-X1 without any meta stuff like Wedge, Anakin, Rey, Old Ben, Rex, Sun Fac etc. or to spend lots of money.

What i mean is, simply think about your situation (what is your goal with the game, what time and money you can spend etc.) and which characters you like the most - it is a game after all so have fun and don't try to catch up the dynamic meta of the month ;)

@GW: Droids are super good at GW because you have strong DPS and TM is saved for you (and you get a lot of it) and on top even strong enemy teams start with less TM compared to Arena so you kill most of them before anyone moves and you don't need Engineer Boost for it! I currently try Empire with Palp, TFP etc. and it also ok, more control over the match than pure DPS/Speed but still fine enough. Sure Wiggs Combo with Lando should also be easy GW Team with all the damage, speed and low CDs.
  • Ring
    559 posts Member
    Poxx wrote: »
    That's an insta-kill on any of those 5 from Boba. +30% damage for each buff...yum.

Only if someone would use Chirrut's skill before taking Fett out. For all other characters that's near invulnerability ;)
  • I do not have EP neither TIE Fighter Pilot but I'm farming Wedge for now. He's only 5* and is really a plus in my GW team. Yesterday, I could finish for the first time easily the GW by losing only one toon plus Wedge on the last (he's only gear 7).

I run Wedge as Lead for health and the +30% offense, Biggs (gear 8), Lando (gear 10), Leia (gear 8) and Daka (gear 8) for the GW. GW 12 opponents were full geared toons including RG, Daka, Lumi and QGJ and STHan but it was easy to pass, so definitly a good toon to farm.
  • Wow, wasn't expecting all this! thank you guys. Probably should have mentioned that my palpy is on 5* I end at 1 in arena on most days.Recently however my shardmates have been adding wiggs teams with b2 and I get a little frustrated with one guy's team. Any suggestions on how to beat that? The guy normally runs
    Wedge (L)
    Biggs
    RG
    B2
    Lando or St Han

All of his toons are gear 11. Until he added b2 that team was a cakewalk. How do I counter B2?
  • As people have said before trying to catch the meta if you're not willing to spend loads is a waste of time:)

I took the long farm for dooku before he was meta as he's my fav sith. Farmed rey from hard nodes till she was 4* then guildshipments came. By then she was no longer meta and only now I've nearly 7*. Did I stop? No becasuebcertain characters are just very strong regardless of meta or not. To this day dooku is still helpful for me in arena and GW. Rey too still hits like a truck

Short answer wedge and Biggs will be worth it in the long term even if they are not going to be meta for long. They will help in EVERY aspect of the game (ships GW arena raids). So it's never too late to farm:)
    The meta will shift to whenever gets zeta abilities first . I won't be getting Zeta in a loong time so I'm not fussed. By the time I do get it they'll probably be some other OP meta or ability or faction. It doesn't mean the previous Zeta ability meta will become obsolete
  • I run a Boba Lead with 88, QGJ and Wiggs in the Arena now... been in the Top 3 every day for the last 5 days when switching. Wiggs is deadlier behind Boba - the Triple assist will hit for 40K+ and OHK most target first toons (like EP, Lando, opposing Biggs or Wedge, etc).

The Wiggs combo has great utility overall, in either raid and other game functions. Boba is a great work around to initial taunters with his AoE ability block (It's tough running a full rebel squad against a good empire team).

As with anything in the game, mods make the toon and speed is critical.
    Do or Do not.

DarthBarron (Kevin, aka KevWalker)