XP Rewarded In Arena

ThalosKirano
728 posts Member
edited January 2016
I'd like to see XP rewarded in arena, but I'd like to see it done like draft picks are awarded in the NHL; the lower ranked teams gain more XP. The higher ranked teams would still be rewarded with more crystals and tokens but that way it'd allow the lower ranked players to catch up with those above them whilst those at the top are still rewarded for finishing higher with their crystals and shards. On my server, and probably most servers, a huge gap is developing between the top 10 and the rest of the field. I'm quite lucky in that I finished 1st on the very first day my server opened so since then I've managed to regularly maintain a top 20 finish (top 10 for the last few weeks) but others aren't quite so lucky and they're being left behind with no real chance of making the upper echelons of squad arena. Just to give you an example of what I mean see the images below. I've dropped down to 33rd in the few hours since my reward hand out time, which is the lowest I've dropped for about 4 weeks. As you can see from the below images even I'm 2-4 levels behind anyone in the top 8.

D7Pc4zB.jpgglUClyp.jpg

XP Rewarded In Arena 27 votes

Good idea - I'd like to see this happen
37%
DeathSSlayerSlythRinnstupidfatfoolDarthNicoThalosKiranoSgt_StrategyLukeandrew11620ShenzorRelschGraffix460 10 votes
Stupid idea - almost as bad as Jar Jar Binks
62%
Stekcir_LeinadJabberwockyAbyssIM_UR_UPGRADEd3gaussEthanesusZtyleSweGuyHeronmarKAULIdkredsoxMofojokers1992MaxoooWillkimm98Bravo29Kwynne4444Plasmaj 17 votes

Replies

• Stupid idea - almost as bad as Jar Jar Binks
    I don't see why there should be rewards for people that are placing lower? The levels don't matter much anyways once your guy unlocks the gear.
  • i agree that there should be some reward just for playing through your 5 free matches. xp droids or credits payed out the same as cantina would be enough. it just feels like there is no point to play all 5, especially if you are going to stay in the 500-200 rank and get the same pay out.
  • Mofojokers1992
    1975 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Levels mean little in Arena it is about gear + stars x team setup = win.

So if they want to come sit at top just drop 2 grand like the rest of us lol.

Edit: here just to show you im not kidding
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/7405/debunking-this-fotp-team-nerf-discussion-now-with-poe-included-see-video/p1
  • ThalosKirano
    728 posts Member
    edited January 2016

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/7405/debunking-this-fotp-team-nerf-discussion-now-with-poe-included-see-video/p1

No offense but that was squishy team you beat with very little health for each of their heroes, it's a different ball game when you're fighting a tanky/attacking higher level, higher power team.
  • Ztyle
    1970 posts Member
    There is plenty of xp in the game allready, play the game, else we could just grand new players lvl 70 at day one
    I'm Danish , Leader of the Space Slug Alliance , living the SlugLife , My collection
  • Good idea - I'd like to see this happen
    Ztyle wrote: »
    There is plenty of xp in the game allready, play the game, else we could just grand new players lvl 70 at day one

How can you compare giving a little more XP each each day to giving them level 70 instantly? Let me guess, you're a p2w top 10 arena player?

No offense but that was squishy team you beat with very little health for each of their heroes, it's a different ball game when you're fighting a tanky/attacking higher level, higher power team.

It is never good enough but take in mind i now have 14 levels to 70. By the i am there i will probably drop another grand and 7* most of my chars. I will make sure i can stay in the top 5 at all times. If others wish to earn in arena then they will have to match us.

Galaxy Of Heroes - Money Generator
  • yeah, i dont know how much harm 10 xp per battle 5 times a day would do. 50 xp, when i need 3900 to move to level 64. with the mega bonus i would gain a "free" level every 4 months.
  • ThalosKirano
    728 posts Member
    edited January 2016

It is never good enough but take in mind i now have 14 levels to 70. By the i am there i will probably drop another grand and 7* most of my chars. I will make sure i can stay in the top 5 at all times. If others wish to earn in arena then they will have to match us.

Your the type of player that's the exact problem with this game IMO, you spend money and expect certain things yet you have no respect for f2p players. This is a f2p game, without f2p players all of you whales would be thrown together on 1 server and you'd all be crying because only 1 of you could take top spot. You may spend the money but it's the f2p players who keep this game going by giving you whales opponents to beat.

Your the type of player that's the exact problem with this game IMO, you spend money and expect certain things yet you have no respect for f2p players. This is a f2p game, without f2p players all of you whales would be thrown together on 1 server and you'd all be crying because only 1 of you could take top spot. You may spend the money but it's the f2p players who keep this game going by giving you whales opponents to beat.

Lol that is silly as bud, i much prefer the challenge in arena and it just happens i have spare income to do what ever with.

F2P don't support the game nor is the game aimed at them. The idea of a money generator is to pull in gamblers and *whales* by starting it with F2P and then offering short cuts for money.

You want to be rewarded lol then break out your wallet. Or just do little bits a day and maybe you can break the top 100 in a few years. :)

The inferiority complex is strong with this one. Stop with your hidden envy.
    Heronmar wrote: »

Right lol

Lol that is silly as bud, i much prefer the challenge in arena and it just happens i have spare income to do what ever with.

F2P don't support the game nor is the game aimed at them. The idea of a money generator is to pull in gamblers and *whales* by starting it with F2P and then offering short cuts for money.

You want to be rewarded lol then break out your wallet. Or just do little bits a day and maybe you can break the top 100 in a few years. :)

Nice try, I finish top 10 every day. Move along ;)

Right lol

Oh I am so envious that you spend thousands on a mobile game to finish 5 places above where I finish every day in arena :D
  • Mofojokers1992
    1975 posts Member
    edited January 2016

Right lol

Oh I am so envious that you spend thousands on a mobile game to finish 5 places above where I finish every day in arena :D

If your finishing -5 i call hacks and as i said spare income.... house is paid off it, so it tends to happen. So what does it matter what i do with it.

Edit: what is this all about again?, I'm going to call it here because this is just silly.

Right lol

If yours finishing -5 i call hacks and as i said spare income.... house is paid off it, so it tends to happen. So what does it matter what i do with it.

Feel free to report me to CG and have them investigate me,I have no need nor no desire to cheat in any game. I'm not f2p, I've spent about £50. And it doesn't matter, it's your money. All I'm saying is have respect for f2p players.
  • Mofojokers1992
    1975 posts Member
    edited January 2016

Right lol

If yours finishing -5 i call hacks and as i said spare income.... house is paid off it, so it tends to happen. So what does it matter what i do with it.

Feel free to report me to CG and have them investigate me,I have no need nor no desire to cheat in any game. I'm not f2p, I've spent about £50. And it doesn't matter, it's your money. All I'm saying is have respect for f2p players.

That was a joke you cannot finish -5 lol, i don't and cannot respect most F2P players because they jump on money generators and expect to keep up with us.

But i will leave this here and i can see we are not going to agree and it is best to leave your thread alone.

Edit: here is a new F2P whining thread so you can see what i mean. Makes it hard to respect them when they want everything we have without spending.
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/7964/is-the-gw-oppenent-system-messed-up-or-what-only-vote-if-u-are-f2p-i-dont-care-for-p2w#latest
  • There are f2p in the top ten in most arenas i am guessing. Its all a matter of farming the right characters from the beginning. if i hadnt farmed chewy,talia, and eeth i would probably have 3 more 7* high dps characters and be in the top 10 as well. as of now i pumped stars into the wrong toons and my strong characters are holding around 5 and 6*

Right lol

That was a joke you cannot finish -5 lol, i don't and cannot respect most F2P players because they jump on money generators and expect to keep up with us.

But i will leave this here and i can see we are not going to agree and it is best to leave your thread alone.

Maybe they jump on you because of posts like the first one you made in here. The only problem I have with p2w players is when they expect to be entitled to finish in a certain arena spot or to have it easy in GW every day. Other than that I don't particularly mind p2w players. I may spend more someday but not whilst the game is in its current (IMO broken) state.
  • Ztyle
    1970 posts Member
    @ThalosKirano I'm actually lower ranked than you in the arena, and I only bought barriss and Dooku, but I have allway felt that there was over the top xp in this game, so adding more on what we have going now every new player will max lvl in less than a month, I hit 60 around 6 hours before cap raise, started dec 2nd, didn't play every day, and my team: Barriss 4*8, JC 6*8, Sid 7*8, Lumi 7*8 & Fives 4*8, so stuff the p2w, if people disagrees
    I'm Danish , Leader of the Space Slug Alliance , living the SlugLife , My collection

How can you compare giving a little more XP each each day to giving them level 70 instantly? Let me guess, you're a p2w top 10 arena player?

You already got rewards for doing 3 battles, now you guys want more?
    How about a hug and a participant ribbon instead?
    Ally Code: 945-699-762

You already got rewards for doing 3 battles, now you guys want more?
    How about a hug and a participant ribbon instead?

As I said I'm top 10 so I don't want jack ;) this is for those who aren't quite as fortunate.
  • you guys are funny complaining about 50xp like we are suggesting we get 100 crystals for every battle. the concept was a pay out for completing a battle, just like in every other game mode and event in the game. what do you want to argue about next?
    i agree that there should be some reward just for playing through your 5 free matches. xp droids or credits payed out the same as cantina would be enough. it just feels like there is no point to play all 5, especially if you are going to stay in the 500-200 rank and get the same pay out.

The point is to have a better ranking so you are closer to getting into the next tier the next time you fight 5 battles. It also puts you up another rank so if you are 150 with 1 battle left, and you get to 137, you have to lose a battle to go back to where you started. The next day you will be at 137 and have a chance at top 100, instead of 150 and have a tougher chance at top 100
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    I will admit that i didnt read any further then where u basically think lower ranks deserve better rewards.......

I think its that bad and backward of an idea that an explination (or attempt at justification) of such a "welfare'ish" system is just a waste if time.

I applaude the effort you put into trying to think of a good idea for the game but rewarding bad play (same as handipapping good play) is just wrong on so many levels.

Good try tho