Plan to still farm Poe post-nerf?

Prev1
With all the complaining about Poe being OP... Nerf is coming for him :/
I was wondering if anyone is still going to farm him after his nerf? I know i am, cos cmon, how can you not farm this sexy guy. Im at 6 star Poe :P Soon ill get Rey and and Finn to 5

Replies

• If they do even consider nerfing, it will be minor. Not worried
  • I'm still farming him, I tried the Tier 3 INT Gear Challenge today with 3 weak tanks and I couldn't complete it, but once I unlocked Poe even at low level 3* he helped me to complete it 5 times. If they nerf him then he's nerfed for everyone but at least I have the option of using him.
  • Khai wrote: »
    I was wondering if anyone is still going to farm him after his nerf? I know i am, cos cmon, how can you not farm this sexy guy. Im at 6 star Poe :P Soon ill get Rey and and Finn to 5

The nerf won't be much. don't forget tonnes of people have paid lots of money through the bundle and energy refreshes, and also spent lots of credits or materials on Poe.
  • Im glad there are other people who will stick with him :P
  • xJazzx wrote: »
    Khai wrote: »

The nerf won't be much. don't forget tonnes of people have paid lots of money through the bundle and energy refreshes, and also spent lots of credits or materials on Poe.

I dont know, i feel like he will definitely loss his speed and his turn meter shenanigans, but without those tools he really isnt that menacing and st han would technically be better. Also i really wouldnt suggest farming him because cantina tokens are too valuable and if they add new characters, i am 90% sure that most of them would be in cantina rewards. Look at how they releases TFA characters.
  • If they need Poe I'm going to be upset.

I just beat a team with Poe, FOTP, Leia, Bariss and JC for #1 rank.

I have a f2p team. Obviously the "OP" characters are beatable and people who are complaining just have a bad team
  • Poe shouldn't really be nerfed. QGJ's 3rd ability like 100% removes the taunt now.
  • So should I go ahead and farm Poe then, provided that he still retains some value? I've been hoarding cantina tokens because I don't want to waste them on a weak character. My alternative would be to focus on fifes or promoting daka
    Ally code: 323-282-152. Member of TNR. The New Rebellion
  • Khai wrote: »

did the devs state this explicitly?
  • If he has good sinergy with rey, yes! I got him 2 days ago and keep working on him. I dont expect nerf anyway...
  • Elyndria wrote: »
    Poe shouldn't really be nerfed. QGJ's 3rd ability like 100% removes the taunt now.

Last time I checked QGJ is chrom/bronzium only... so just a solution for a small fraction of the playerbase.
  • Ztyle
    1970 posts Member
    I'm hoping to farm all toons at one point
    I'm Danish , Leader of the Space Slug Alliance , living the SlugLife , My collection
  • Tak
    352 posts Member
    Merilon wrote: »
    Elyndria wrote: »
    Poe shouldn't really be nerfed. QGJ's 3rd ability like 100% removes the taunt now.

Last time I checked QGJ is chrom/bronzium only... so just a solution for a small fraction of the playerbase.

The taunt is not even the issue. Do your homework

qgj's 2nd ability though....75% dmg upgrade for ally assist... I can't believe no one has said anything about that.
  • Elyndria
    482 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    yeah its totally broken but i doubt cg will address him or assists on any level, rather nerf the f2p characters so the whales feel better about themselves
  • Khai
    81 posts Member
    Rutank wrote: »
    Khai wrote: »

did the devs state this explicitly?

They didnt really say it but cmon...
    We can all feel it coming. He is def a strong dude.
  • I'm sure poe will still be useful no matter what they do, he just may have to be in the correct team.
  • l3end3r wrote: »
    If they need Poe I'm going to be upset.

I just beat a team with Poe, FOTP, Leia, Bariss and JC for #1 rank.

I have a f2p team. Obviously the "OP" characters are beatable and people who are complaining just have a bad team

Good job, but replace Barriss and JC with Rey and GS and that's a whole different animal.
  • Time
    293 posts Member
    If poe only gets a slight nerf he will still be a top 10 hero. He has so much going for him.
  • IM_UR_UPGRADE
    223 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Rutank wrote: »
    Elyndria wrote: »

qgj's 2nd ability though....75% dmg upgrade for ally assist... I can't believe no one has said anything about that.

Because he wasnt given out to every ios user like poe was and hes chromium only so u only really see him at top 5 of a server. Everyone knows that QGJ is currently the best overall character in game atm, because both his specials, normal and lead ability are really good; but nothing will be done about him because only very few people have him at his full potential and CG wouldn't touch him at the risk of whales getting **** since he costs so much
  • BeautifulColt
    102 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    I unlocked him this morning and am planning to spend more cantina tokens on him.
    And if they do end up nerfing him and if he isn't all that good, I'll still have Chewbacca. I actually really like chewie so it won't be that much of a loss.
    And if you don't like Chewie you can always farm Han if you wanted or needed to. He's just as good. I'd say the only down side to Han is that he's a lot slower than Poe is

Personally I'll probably be spending my Cantina tokens on Ahsoka or Boba Fett if not Poe. They say Daka is good, but not really interested in farming for her
  • I don't think they will Nerf Poe. He is farmable and add dynamic / strategy to the arena. Complain all you want about him, but if everyone had one and they can is he an issue?
  • 15 shards from unlocking Fett, then switching to Poe. Will star up Fett from hard mode farming.

@BeautifulColt Without Daka, dark side missions become increasingly difficult, especially hard mode missions. You may want to bite the bullet and start going after Daka. She also helps with harder GW fights, sometimes resing dead heroes. And 4* is incredibly squishy (even 5* is not that much better). I'm glad I've unlocked her already and got her to 5* (Max gear). She's strong enough sitting on the bench while I concentrate on other characters, but I'm sure, I'll eventually have to star her up to max.
    yeah its totally broken but i doubt cg will address him or assists on any level, rather nerf the f2p characters so the whales feel better about themselves

well, u got Poe from Farming (as did I).

Free players have nothing to lose by complaining. Just to make the pay players pay (as in punishment). It's really not big deal for pay players (I don't buy Chromium). But for free players, part of the enjoyment of being an underdog is the enjoyment of trash talking like a victim when in fact, the free player is just sticking it to the "boss"

Not cool

• Poe won't be buzzbeed.
    Look, good against pvp is one thing, good against the living, that’s something else.
  • Poe is a patsy. The true guilty parties are the units that dish out far too much damage despite having upper-echelon speed and also happen to be surprisingly resilient (FOTP, GS, QGJ, Rey, IG-86).

Poe isn't OP, honestly, he just happens to be the fastest hero to have a turn-meter manipulation - which makes him a medium that allows the aforementioned units to attack in conjunction in the 1st round. Honestly, does Poe bring anything that screams OP to the table besides the turn-meter reduction attached to his taunt? Is his HP too high? Does he dish out much damage? No.

So then what is it about Poe that people are complaining about? It's the fact that Poe is present and does something that permits the actual unbalanced units to do what they do before another team can react.

To me, Poe is not the problem. He's just the magnifying lens upon the truly problematic heroes.
  • SinnerWill wrote: »
    Poe is a patsy. The true guilty parties are the units that dish out far too much damage despite having upper-echelon speed and also happen to be surprisingly resilient (FOTP, GS, QGJ, Rey, IG-86).

Poe isn't OP, honestly, he just happens to be the fastest hero to have a turn-meter manipulation - which makes him a medium that allows the aforementioned units to attack in conjunction in the 1st round. Honestly, does Poe bring anything that screams OP to the table besides the turn-meter reduction attached to his taunt? Is his HP too high? Does he dish out much damage? No.

So then what is it about Poe that people are complaining about? It's the fact that Poe is present and does something that permits the actual unbalanced units to do what they do before another team can react.

To me, Poe is not the problem. He's just the magnifying lens upon the truly problematic heroes.

u should write on main Poe thread. all your ideas good or great are lost on useless threads made by new-bees.

what good is ideas without audience? please post in main poe thread. i agree 100%.

• SinnerWill wrote: »
    Poe is a patsy. The true guilty parties are the units that dish out far too much damage despite having upper-echelon speed and also happen to be surprisingly resilient (FOTP, GS, QGJ, Rey, IG-86).

u should write on main Poe thread. all your ideas good or great are lost on useless threads made by new-bees.

what good is ideas without audience? please post in main poe thread. i agree 100%.

Link to the "main Poe thread", please?
  • I'm going for, and sticking with a Resistance team so I'll keep farming him. Only thing that would be an absolute synergy killer is if they removed the Expose from his taunt since that's the signature debuff of the Resistance characters the same way Advantage is for First Order.

Anything else, shortening the taunt, removing his basic's offense down, removing his health gain on damage, or lowering his speed, or even a combination of two of those would keep my teams central synergy intact.

I understand (kind of) "everyone" wanting a nerf on him, but his leader ability, and his taunts expose need to be left alone or there really won't be much of a point in him on a Resistance squad
  • DarthThai wrote: »
    15 shards from unlocking Fett, then switching to Poe. Will star up Fett from hard mode farming.

@BeautifulColt Without Daka, dark side missions become increasingly difficult, especially hard mode missions. You may want to bite the bullet and start going after Daka. She also helps with harder GW fights, sometimes resing dead heroes. And 4* is incredibly squishy (even 5* is not that much better). I'm glad I've unlocked her already and got her to 5* (Max gear). She's strong enough sitting on the bench while I concentrate on other characters, but I'm sure, I'll eventually have to star her up to max.

For Galatic war I can see why she would be useful. I heard people say her revive isn't that good. Is squishiness a good thing or a bad thing? Because when someone describes a character as "squishy" I feel like they make it sound like a bad thing.
    Anyway I may reconsider but my priority is Poe because besides chewbacca I don't have any decent taunting characters. Afterwards I might go for her