Speed Comparison Tool

stupidfatfool
715 posts Member
edited January 2016
Well, I've been trying to teach myself PHP over the weekend, and what better topic to experiment with than SWGOH.
Let me know your thoughts; this is a work in progress and I'm planning to add more stuff to it as I go through the PHP tutorials.
Link Here: jamalien.com/speed/

speed.png
Post edited by stupidfatfool on

Replies

• Haven't seen this. Will be nice if we have it.
  • Well, I've been trying to teach myself PHP over the weekend, and what better topic to experiment with than SWGOH.
    Let me know your thoughts; this is a work in progress and I'm planning to add more stuff to it as I go through the PHP tutorials.
    Link Here: jamalien.com/speed/
  • scuba
    14045 posts Member
    @stupidfatfool good job!. I have taught myself PHP years ago and still use it when ever I want to make something web based. Good luck in your endeavors.
  • Updated with speed randomization option.
  • Nice job! I am a PHP developer, let me know if you need some help.
    Mestre Fábio - My YouTube Channel - My SwGOH profile - Brazilian player? Come to play with us, AAT heroic, contact me
  • Ease
    16 posts Member
    Very nice work. Thanks very much for sharing this with the community.
  • Good work!! Thanks for sharing!
  • DanTom
    975 posts SWGOH Dev Team
    edited January 2016
    I applaud you for doing it in php. Good work, seriously. I do professional web development now and I started with php well over a decade ago. Haven't done anything with it in years though. Good work! You should toss it up in github and see what others do with it also, you never know.
  • Cpt_Dan wrote: »
    I applaud you for doing it in php. Good work, seriously. I do professional web development now and I started with php well over a decade ago. Haven't done anything with it in years though. Good work! You should toss it up in github and see what others do with it also, you never know.

Thanks. I've heard similar comments to yours - why not PHP anymore? Do people web program in JS or some other language now?

@Cpt_Dan Thanks. I've heard similar comments to yours - why not PHP anymore? Do people web program in JS or some other language now?

@Cpt_Dan Thanks. I've heard similar comments to yours - why not PHP anymore? Do people web program in JS or some other language now?
    Most of the development these days is done using a client side JS framework like react, angular, or ember tied to an API backend (node.js and ruby are very common) the debate wages on about which is best and I think that every project deserves separate consideration for "best" tooling.