Does an Empire team need Vader?

I am thinking of doing an Empire team as follows:

EP
Tarkin
RG
Shore
TFP

I don't think I have seen any empire teams without Vader so I wonder if this is a bad idea...

Would Shore make RG redundant?

Replies

• Bremlo1486
    109 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    I could be wrong but I think Vader's DOT's are a big reason for TFP. I dont think Tarkin can provide enough synergy or power in the end.
  • I am thinking of doing an Empire team as follows:

EP
    Tarkin
    RG
    Shore
    TFP

I don't think I have seen any empire teams without Vader so I wonder if this is a bad idea...

Yeah, I don't think you need Shoretrooper and RG.

I'd run Palpy lead with Vader, Tie Fighter Pilot, Shoretrooer and another DPS attacker like Anakin or Lando.

Vader's DOT debuffs help feed turn meter to Tie Fighter Pilot so that he can attack more often.
  • KyloRey wrote: »
    I am thinking of doing an Empire team as follows:

EP
    Tarkin
    RG
    Shore
    TFP

Yeah, I don't think you need Shoretrooper and RG.

I'd run Palpy lead with Vader, Tie Fighter Pilot, Shoretrooer and another DPS attacker like Anakin or Lando.

Vader's DOT debuffs help feed turn meter to Tie Fighter Pilot so that he can attack more often. Just Omega his culling blade for increased damage and to make it unable to be dodged.

• What about General veers? is he no good in Empire Teams?
  • My Vader just soloed a wedge lead with Lando, Wedge, STH, and Shoretrooper after the rest of my team died, let that sink in a minute. Btw I run EP (L), B2, TFP, DV, RG.
  • TommySitt wrote: »
    Lose Tarkin, put in Boba or B2

Yeah, B2 or Sun Fac would probably work well in this team, too, to dispel/prevent buffs on opponents.
  • TommySitt wrote: »
    Lose Tarkin, put in Boba or B2

That would eliminate his goal of having an all Empire team.
  • Try
    EP (L)
    Shore
    Vader
    Tie pilot
    B2

Tarkin is a glass cannon that does barely any damage, so he's pretty worthless even in a palp lead team. At least in arena anyway.
  • I don't have B2 or Fun Sac. I will stick with Ventress if I need to use a dispeller. I can take #1 spot with her if RNG doesn't hate me.

Since we are all "forced" to farm Tarkin I was hoping to find utility for him outside of a Capital ship.

But yeah, @NovaPrime has it. I'm going for a theme here :)

Shoretrooper is appealing because of all the Wiggs teams. They can KO all but my RG and STHan first move.

Vader is kind of a pain to farm as I need a stun gun and holoprojectors to get him past G8.
  • Vader benefits the most of any empire or sith character due to the double benefit of EP lead. Health and turn meter gain.
  • EP (L)
    TFP
    Shore
    Vader
    Boba

Good game that is all
  • Zooey
    1607 posts Member
    Try
    EP (L)
    Shore
    Vader
    Tie pilot
    B2

Tarkin is a glass cannon that does barely any damage, so he's pretty worthless even in a palp lead team. At least in arena anyway.

I think this is the best Empire team currently. But with more people getting GK now, I don't see pure Empire staying meta for too much longer without a new toon.
  • Ring
    559 posts Member
    Tarkin is a glass cannon that does barely any damage,

Uh... how can he be a glass canon if he's not doing damage? If he's weak on defense (hence the "glass" part) and not dealing enough damage (which a "canon" should do), that simply makes him useless, nothing else.
  • Zooey wrote: »
    Try
    EP (L)
    Shore
    Vader
    Tie pilot
    B2

I think this is the best Empire team currently. But with more people getting GK now, I don't see pure Empire staying meta for too much longer without a new toon.
    Zooey wrote: »
    Try
    EP (L)
    Shore
    Vader
    Tie pilot
    B2

Still prefer Boba over B2 considering TFP does buff immunity on most targets you will need.

On top of another ability block and much more dps
  • Zooey
    1607 posts Member
    xReDeMpx wrote: »
    Try
    EP (L)
    Shore
    Vader
    Tie pilot
    B2

Try
    EP (L)
    Shore
    Vader
    Tie pilot
    B2

Still prefer Boba over B2 considering TFP does buff immunity on most targets you will need.

It's too easy to just get Rexed then imo.
  • Zooey wrote: »
    Try
    EP (L)
    Shore
    Vader
    Tie pilot
    B2

Try
    EP (L)
    Shore
    Vader
    Tie pilot
    B2

It's too easy to just get Rexed then imo.

Well there's always a toon we can insert on the if this than this line.

Both I've been running

EP
    TFP
    Shore
    Vader
    Bobba

And I have been 1-5 everyday since rework.

The team dosent struggle with like any team.

It does great against wiggs variations, Rex and droids.

Hardest team I played that was the only team I couldn't beat and struggled with was from the tourney from a top whale (instinct Bennett) that had

wedge
    Baze
    Imwe
    Biggs
    Kenobi

Now that was a freaking tough broken team
  • Dark_Jedi wrote: »
    What about General veers? is he no good in Empire Teams?

Veers is garbage.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    The answer you are looking for is yes....

Vader /EP is the wiggs of the dark side.
  • Dark_Jedi wrote: »
    What about General veers? is he no good in Empire Teams?

Veers is garbage.

Thanks, kind of figured since he is never mentioned lol.
  • ShaolinPunk
    3486 posts Moderator
    Empire seems to be built around dots. Make sense, like the dark side eating away at our weaknesses. So, Vader certainly helps, but you could drop others in there instead. Ability block and tackiness help him too though. All these choices, gotta love them.
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
  • It's not an all empire team by any means but I've had decent success with Emperor (L), TFP, RG, Daka, Aayla. Stubs are great though if Rex resists you are hosed
  • unit900000
    626 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    I run an EP lead team so I'm going to give my thoughts on a few characters real fast. Vader is not needed for TFP he has his own AOE that gives debuffs. My guild mate and a few others say taken is ok but I have never tried him so I don't know. Sun fac is overrated there are better taunters. RG is near useless this meta and is situational. Boba fett is useless most of the time because he's so slow and squishy he dies 2 times over before he can do anything. Shoretrooper is better then RG this meta.b2 might be good but I never used him so idk.

Just a quick messy wall of text of my thoughts on some of the characters mentioned on this thread..

Your team is good besides RG I would put either one of the two Han solos in his spot imo. If you really want to go full empire I would put vader in RGs spot and only put RG back in if your facing rex or droid teams.

The team I use that gives me #1 regularly is EP lead with TFP, Han solo, SThan and vader. I switch out vader and put in RG depending on what team I'm facing but normally RG is only used vs droids or rex teams and I'll only put in fett in Vader's spot if I'm fighting shoretrooper cause other wise he's not worth using at all.
  • unit900000 wrote: »
    I run an EP lead team so I'm going to give my thoughts on a few characters real fast. Vader is not needed for TFP he has his own AOE that gives debuffs. My guild mate and a few others say taken is ok but I have never tried him so I don't know. Sun fac is overrated there are better taunters. RG is near useless this meta and is situational. Boba fett is useless most of the time because he's so slow and squishy he dies 2 times over before he can do anything. Shoretrooper is better then RG this meta.b2 might be good but I never used him so idk.

Just a quick messy wall of text of my thoughts on some of the characters mentioned on this thread..

Your team is good besides RG I would put either one of the two Han solos in his spot imo. If you really want to go full empire I would put vader in RGs spot and only put RG back in if your facing rex or droid teams.

The team I use that gives me #1 regularly is EP lead with TFP, Han solo, SThan and vader. I switch out vader and put in RG depending on what team I'm facing but normally RG is only used vs droids or rex teams and I'll only put in fett in Vader's spot if I'm fighting shoretrooper cause other wise he's not worth using at all.

Errrr lol???

Bobba is slow and squishy???

Last time I checked being able to get 230 speed on an attacker is not slow...

Guess you shouldn't want to fight my slow 220 speed bobba and 25k protection and 17k health squishy bobba
  • xReDeMpx wrote: »
    unit900000 wrote: »

Errrr lol???

Guess you shouldn't want to fight my slow 220 speed bobba and 25k protection and 17k health squishy bobba

Im not talking about him as the lead but if you mean getting him to that speed by getting the right speed secondarys on mods good for you.
  • unit900000 wrote: »
    unit900000 wrote: »

Errrr lol???

Im not talking about him as the lead but if you mean getting him to that speed by getting the right speed secondarys on mods good for you.

That's not as lead loooooool

If I ran him as lead he would have over 40k health lmao