Biggs ship taunt bugged

Darksteel
45 posts Member
edited December 2016
So when I target lock someone, my Biggs' ship never taunts. I rarely inflict target lock because the opponent always seems to resist or something (even when the ability is a guaranteed target lock, not a chance). I of course get target lock inflicted on me constantly, and naturally the opponent's Biggs taunts. But mine doesn't, not ever. Anyone else experienced this problem?

Replies

• Im curious if your biggs was attacked immediately by Ahsokas starfighther which will remove buffs(taunt). Also if Biggs gets stealth maybe that happens?
  • I've seen my Biggs not getting taunt even though I've clearly put target lock on an opponent. If they resist you're not supposed to get taunt though.. But something is not working as intended I think!
  • Right there with you. I can't target lock to save my life. I've just come to accept that ships is just jacked up.
  • Yeah I have experienced this as well. It's frustrating. Is that working as indexed? Is it suppose to be guaranteed if you target lock that his taunt is suppose to go off?
  • Noticed this as well, Its seems to be very unreliable. I know Ive had my Resitance Xwing tag a target lock, it sticks but Biggs does not Taunt. Not 100% but it happens more often then not.
  • Odin_Noah wrote: »
    Im curious if your biggs was attacked immediately by Ahsokas starfighther which will remove buffs(taunt). Also if Biggs gets stealth maybe that happens?

Those are both good ideas, but don't apply in my case. I watch closely to see if the taunt icon appears above my Biggs when I do get off a target lock, and it doesn't. And I have no ships that stealth. My lineup is Biggs, Wedge, Ahsoka, JC and Resistance X-wing, with TIE and Clone Sergeant ships in reserve.

Yeah I have experienced this as well. It's frustrating. Is that working as indexed? Is it suppose to be guaranteed if you target lock that his taunt is suppose to go off?

The text reads "Biggs's X-wing recovers 28% Protection and Taunts for 1 turn whenever an enemy becomes Target Locked" so yes, I read that to mean it's (supposed to be) a guaranteed taunt.
  • Yes! This is indeed a bug. Noticed it several times. Today I had biggs come in as reinforcement under ackbar lead and the guaranteed crit / taunt didnt work. Needs to be fixed
  • I think they should change the description for Biggs ship to say that he taunts 25% of the time which is pretty accurate by my calculations. So much for strategy and this is obviously another jacked up part of the game. They should update the name to Star Wars Galaxy of Bugs
  • I got lucky and scraped together enough ally tokens to get vaders tie advanced so I don't really have that problem
  • Yeah I've heard a lot of people in my guild experiencing this. I probably have too, but I just go into ship battles and auto 1 a day at this point
  • I have noticed it sometimes as well but the taunt not going up is not the issue for me it's the lost protection heal that bugs me. I have noticed it doesn't happen very often though still a bug they should take a look at.
  • Add it to the ever growing list of things that don't work in this game.

But yet we will get more new toons over fixing broken content
  • Noticed this bug as well, very annoying.
    This is a signature.
  • My Biggs' Taunt seems to be pretty reliable. I can't think of a time it didn't happen. Maybe you're being debuffed by Ashoka right after his taunt comes up. On the other hand, the daze inflicted by my Resistance X-Wing seems broken.
    It almost never does and I'm positive it's never dazed a second enemy. Ever.
    "Who's the more foolish? The fool or the fool who follows them?"--Obi-Wan Kenobi
  • Krynn007 wrote: »
    Glad it's not just me. I've noticed this recently a few times. Getting a target lock, but no taunt

No Ashoka is not using her ability either. Biggs needs to get the buff for her ability to work against him, but he's not even getting the buff from target lock

Nor recovering protection either.
    This is a signature.
  • Yeah its a bug, happens randomly. Sometimes he'll taunt the first couple of times I apply target lock, and then the third time he just decided he didn't want taunt. It's pretty buggy.
  • This **** is still broken! No taunts on target locks or crits. So many other bugs too.
  • Vertigo wrote: »
    Yeah its a bug, happens randomly. Sometimes he'll taunt the first couple of times I apply target lock, and then the third time he just decided he didn't want taunt. It's pretty buggy.

Yeah, I've found that same thing, it works the first two times, third and beyond doesn't work. Screwed me a few times.
  • If you lock a ship that just came in on reinforcement you dont get the taunt or protection, thats the bug
    Look into the eyes of the dragon and despair....
  • as said above its bugged for reinforcements, all ships are bugged as in if they do x on y and y is a reinforcement ship nothing happens.
    but biggs (and maybe others) isnt just bugged for reinforcement ships, iv seen taunt not occur on target lock on non reinforcement ships, ive seen enemy AI biggs gain taunt when theres been no target lock and ive even seen enemy AI biggs taunt when one of my ships has target locked someone.
    the whole ships is pretty bugged hope they fix it soon but i doubt it
  • Glad to know it's not just me. I had the reinforcement bug where Biggs came in and applied target lock and no taunt. That is annoying but what seems more annoying is the ratio of my ships applying target lock vs enemy ships applying target lock to me. I'd say the enemy, even if lower level, power, everything usually applies target lock 3-4 times more frequently than my ships apply it to them. But honestly it seems like just about any ability that is supposed to apply a debuff acts the same way. Wedge's ship very rarely applies one let alone 2 dots to targets. That includes targets with target lock. Its like the enemy ships become super ships and by being on defense they gain some yoda level of tenacity.
  • healinc wrote: »
    they gain some yoda level of tenacity.
    Hehe
    "and i will show you ... where the iron crosses grow..."