Any viable arena teams that don't require Wiggs?

124Next

Replies

• Options
    I don't know about the top of the ranking, but I use a stun lock team with Phasma lead, Aayla, Cad, Daka, and Rey. Extra attacks and stuns plus a revive. I've had matches where I've taken little damage against higher powered teams.
  • Options
    tRRRey wrote: »
    Achilles wrote: »
    All those EP teams ... hmmm ... is it possible get EP to 7* without Wiggs? :tongue:

Palp event is super easy, he came out when Wedge was still P2W

Oh really? I had not a single rebel (ok, i had a random one unlocked from bronziums, but not starred and leveled), when it came out the first time, but i thought it was hard, because of all these complaints on forum! ;)
    Left by design.
    The fixed payout times are the worst part of this game and makes it absolutely family-unfriendly.
  • Options
    xReDeMpx wrote: »
    xReDeMpx wrote: »
    FwT7OZq.jpg

I've had great success with this team being able to handle teams of all types

Have you got the big speed on Boba? I've noticed with any Boba/EP type teams it's all about who does the first ability block.

Depends which mod set I run. My current set is at about 188 speed so decent but not great

Ah ok, so I think that you're attacking makes a big diff... I go up against a Boba lead that has +100 speed or something and so I start each fight with no abilities working... he has Baze so can't Han Solo him either

It's not rocket surgery.
  • Options
    With Anakin (L), Ahsoka, Aayla, QGJ and B2 you can stay rank 1 everyday.

Sorry, but that sounds awful and theres no way you can get 1 everyday with that unless you're below lvl 80 and you have an insanely f2p populated server.

Well, I'm lvl 85 on a december server with a lot of whales and I can beat any team there (Of course I lose sometimes, but it's normal, right?). A guy locks me everyday from rank 1 in the last minutes so I stay rank 2, despite of I can beat his team. Anyway this team can make you rank 1.

Dude I was about to post about your squad, didn't realize you were on the forums. Have you tried Shoretrooper in your squad?

Hey guy! I have not tried shoretrooper yet, but I'm working on him haha I'm making my jedis with high protection so a tank don't make such difference. When shoretrooper is ready I'll try him to see the effect.
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    Options
    RAYRAY wrote: »
    Allenb60 wrote: »
    Olga wrote: »
    Optimus11 wrote: »
    Wiggs are one of the easiest to defeat. I can auto the wiggs arena fight if I even see any nowadays
    I get 1 daily at payout with palp Vader rg b2 shore. All g11

That's a decent squad, but EP, Vader + RG alone isn't enough. The truth is, Vader is underpowered and is a waste of space on an EP squad (or any squad) in my opinion.

I think your right about that, Boba fett can do pretty much everything Vader does, but a lot better

Vader underpowered? I do agree that Boba Fett can do everytihng vader does but why not run both? EP, Vader, Boba, Shoretrooper and B2. Its a solidly tanky and high damage team that has many ways to win.

That's a solid team, but I think TFP does so much more than Vader and has more consistent dps with all of the debuffs spread around

You may be right there. TFP has great damage but when I face a team with TFP with the team I stated, I generally don't have much trouble. Now, some of that may be gear related?? I am not sure but my team is fully maxed. One thing about TFP is that he is MUCH easier to kill than Vader. Vader is more of a end of match finisher where TFP is all speed and hitting hard and fast. Sure foresight can be a pain on TFP but B2 takes care of that, along with any taunts.
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • Options
    @Joseph_Quinn Well, there are several people backing up your squad, so I apologize for doubting it. In fact, now im interested in that squad. How do you mod your Jedis? Also, have you tried Sun Fac instead of B2?
  • Options
    BUMP - No more teams with Shore trooper. Im not f2p, but im not dropping that kind of money on a character in a mobile game. Thanks though!
  • Options
    Poxx wrote: »
    https://swgoh.gg/u/poxx70/

2 totally different team comps that never dropped out of top 10 on a Nov. shard and have no Wiggs or any other rebel scum.

Love that clone team
  • Options
    BUMP - No more teams with Shore trooper. Im not f2p, but im not dropping that kind of money on a character in a mobile game. Thanks though!

Shoretrooper has 52k protection at G10 w/mods at only 3 stars. Just 3 stars seems to be good enough to unlock him and have him be Top 5 arena viable in a Boba or Empire squad.
  • Options
    I refuse to use wiggs cause imo... They shouldn't be so powerful. They shouldn't outshine the biggest bravo alphas in the universe.

Lando (L)
    Qgj
    StHan
    JkAnikan
    Phasma

Granted I plan on replacing phasma but haven't decided on what yet. Cash out top 20 or top 10 depending on if I'm stuck at work or not.
  • Options
    Achilles wrote: »
    All those EP teams ... hmmm ... is it possible get EP to 7* without Wiggs? :tongue:

I have 7* Palp without Wedge.
  • Options

Shoretrooper has 52k protection at G10 w/mods at only 3 stars. Just 3 stars seems to be good enough to unlock him and have him be Top 5 arena viable in a Boba or Empire squad.

True, If I bought one pack I would have him unlocked. So maybe lol
  • Joseph_Quinn
    26 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    @Joseph_Quinn Well, there are several people backing up your squad, so I apologize for doubting it. In fact, now im interested in that squad. How do you mod your Jedis? Also, have you tried Sun Fac instead of B2?

No problems man. I made my jedis with a lot of protection. JKA has 60k Hp + prot, Aayla has 54k, Ahsoka 40k (+crit imunity) and Qgj 50k. This way they survive the Biggs's special very easily and dont need to be so fast, then speed is the second thing i prioritize. Ahsoka and Aayla heal themselves, improving the squad's survivability. I dont have SF yet, but he should work very well too.
  • Options
    Well no1 has talked about the best and most underrated team there is...my team!
    I run ima gun di leader with aayla, qgj, aniken, and ahsoka, i have 10 85 max gear jedi so i can switch up every now and then but thats the most common team i run and i finish top 50 every day even though i only do 3 pvp attempts a day, aoe teams cant beat it at all so say good bye to those pesky droid and rebel teams, worried about empire team? Call within the nest 15 minutes and ill throw in yoda meta complete with super speed and tenacity buff for whole team

But honestly some guys have said it already, there is no perfect team in meta atm and you have plenty of options
  • Options
    I'm glad there are some other rex teams out there, but I doubt anyone uses the team I do:
    Rex (L)
    SF
    FOTP
    86 (or 88)
    Lando

Most gear 11, level ~83 and I finish in the top ten, usually without a refresh.

Before getting lando and FOTP up to arena level I used 88 and poggle. Honestly that's still the stronger team in a lot of cases. But I have more fun with lando & FOTP, even though I'm probably easier to take down, I like trying to break the meta.

I used an HK droid squad until I 7*ed Rex(don't ask me how getting 7.5% TM when taking crits is better than getting 50% when giving crits... but it is). Now Rex and SF are my anchors and I've been trying lots of other combinations: 88&86(of course), lando, FOTP, 5s, poggle, ackbar, JE, etc.

I just checked, the top 50 in my PVP is a sea of wiggs...
  • Options
    Short answer is no, you cannot make a viable arena team right now that doesn't include Wiggs, AND expect to hold your rank. We are in a Rebel meta right now and it sucks.
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Options
    Short answer is no, you cannot make a viable arena team right now that doesn't include Wiggs, AND expect to hold your rank. We are in a Rebel meta right now and it sucks.

Clearly you didn't bother to read the responses in this thread. Wiggs is old news and on its way out.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • Options

Clearly you didn't bother to read the responses in this thread. Wiggs is old news and on its way out.

Yeah, the addition of a rebel reviver will totally be the death of these rebel teams.
  • Options
    I'm in a dec shard from 2015 and run a 5* EP, 6* Vader, 6* TP and 7* Sid, RG. I am in top 50-60 but struggle against tougher wiggs teams. My toons have g9 and g10.

i see a Sirh or FO team getting better in next 3 months or so and bringing a new balance. Or wth Bubba being updated he may be very viable with other bounty hunters and scoundrels.
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Options

Yeah, the addition of a rebel reviver will totally be the death of these rebel teams.

You mean the character that will only be available to the top 1% of spenders (not players)? Lol ok
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • Noe17
    148 posts Member
    Options
    Zombie961 wrote: »
    Droids or if you get qgj zeta ability Jedi

QGJ Zeta isn't top tier unless you have Kenobi

I disagree
  • Options
    I have purposely not farmed Wedge for the reason that I don't want to be another person contributing to a one-team meta. What are some other arena teams that can break top 20 that don't require Wiggs?
    Right now I use EP(L), RG, StHan, Lando, QGJ and cant break top 50. Help!!

I have exactly the same team maxed except Palpa who is 5*
  • Noe17
    148 posts Member
    Options

You mean the character that will only be available to the top 1% of spenders (not players)? Lol ok

Yup ;)
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Options
    Noe17 wrote: »
    Zombie961 wrote: »
    Droids or if you get qgj zeta ability Jedi

QGJ Zeta isn't top tier unless you have Kenobi

I disagree

Did you Zeta QGJ lead? What are your arena battles like and what's your squad composition?
    Make Zader Great Again!