Vader 500k hits? P3 tank raid, time to farm tusken shaman?

Cardiff0
516 posts Member
edited December 2016
This kind of stemmed off me wanting to see the hugest Vader hit in the game.

Vader lead p3 of the tank I wonder if this could be a strong team. I don't know if this is optimal but it seems good to me, snything you think could improve either the ultimate Vader hit, or total damage, please chip in.

Shaman has dots and plenty of them. I think you know who likes dots.

P3 -

Initially I thought the following for huge total damage rather than for optimising a Vader hit

Vader Zeta (L)

EP- to shock and defeat all droids and/or damage boss
TFP - 25k crits on boss (a guess probably more), 70% TM gain
THE SHAMAN - gains TM through defeats and heals full health. TWO DOT BASIC
RG - protects everyone. This relies on him being able to take a hit from the big cannon, and be healed.

Theoretically you keep defeating enemies, giving shaman tm, who dots, and heals rg who if you can keep him a meatsac until enrage, shaman builds up huge dots and eventually you get an absolute monster of a hit from Vader.

Question for those doing heroic tank - Can full health no protection RG take a hit from the big cannon?

The droids are kept in check by palpatine shocking them all. Once theyre shocked, they'll have a 50% chance to lose 25% TM, and palp will be going haam, so they'll be stuck til you want to kill one. Palp damages boss. Defeat them to give shaman TM. When the boss gets his cooldown back and calls more droids, rinse and repeat and let palp go haam on the boss again, and give shaman some more TM to get his heal back

However I then realised boss gives healing immunity. And I don't think shaman can protect rg alone. So - take out TFP. Maybe there are routes you can go with Vader lead, EP and TFP idk but -

Vader - leader helps EP dominate, and he has a huge hit from all the dots at the end
EP - keep other droids in check and generally do EP basic cheese
Shaman - DOTS, heals
Barriss - 10% TM on crits, HEALS THROUGH IMMUNITY, dispels immunity, Zeta possibly even designed for this too, I think that if rg can take a shot from the tank, she alone can protect rg, maybe shaman is not necessary.

Mods
EP - crit chance, speed
Vader - crit damage.
Shaman - speed
Barriss - speed
RG - health, defence

Between Barriss and shaman, assuming rg can take a hit from the big cannon, between them I think they can heal rg constantly and take you to enrage, more palp streaks, more dots for Vader to tear down, and for boss to take damage from.

And at the end, shaman offense up and Vader let's fly. Reset til crit and screenshot.. 500k hits anyone?

Is this the p3 strategy? Would be incredibly fun to play if it is

If rg can take the hit, What do you think? Huge score? Other suggestions for Vader L?
Post edited by Cardiff0 on

Replies

• scuba
    14034 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Problem is using ep. Why use him as side peice in a team that does 500k damage when he can be the star in a team doing 1M damage.

Now if you could set this up and get 3 shots from Vader at 500k you might have something.
  • 1. So you can get 500k hits with Vader

2. I believe he's so more damage in this setup than any other because -

If you can never die and make it through to enrage in any setup, surely maximising EP's damage involves allowing him to take the most turns before enrage.

How do you get more turns than otherwise? Reduce the boss TM. EP will get way more hits per boss turn than he would under chirpa with no TM reduction
  • Cardiff0
    516 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Actually I totally forgot about EP getting 100% TM instead of 90. Still, I think you'd get similar turns and a huge score
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Cardiff0 wrote: »
    Actually I totally forgot about EP getting 100% TM instead of 90. Still, I think you'd get similar turns and a huge score

Right now with out zeta ep chirpa set is proven 1m+.
    Your setup, not saying it won't work needs zeta'ed also is dependent on how much damage can you get out of Vader culling blade in one attack.
    Cardiff0 wrote: »
    1. So you can get 500k hits with Vader

2. I believe he's so more damage in this setup than any other because -

If you can never die and make it through to enrage in any setup, surely maximising EP's damage involves allowing him to take the most turns before enrage.

How do you get more turns than otherwise? Reduce the boss TM. EP will get way more hits per boss turn than he would under chirpa with no TM reduction

I have no idea how much damage culling blade will do in p3.
  • Josh_K
    1150 posts Member
    How will shaman move if you are proposing to shock all toons?
  • 12 dots, I did 150k crit g10 Vader in p2 with morale 1, no offense up.

I reckon shaman could stack 40 or 50 as a wild guess, no morale 1, but empire offense bonus (goes for EP too) and offense up

The biggest problem is that this takes two zetas, and will be a long while before possible, but I do think it would be very legit
  • @Josh_K natural TM gain, and 25% TM gain on eenemy defeats
  • Cardiff0
    516 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Apart from doing a lot of damage I reckon this would be insanely fun to play
  • This is stupid.
  • Cardiff0
    516 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    @amementomori Why? Seems to me it would be the best p3 team so far
  • I am Confused....

Vaders' Zeta adds Undispellable DOTS.

Vaders's Culling Blade does removes Debuffs, then does damage based on the number of Debuffs Removed. But all those DOTs added by vador will not be removed.

Yes, You can have a stack of 50 DoTs using Vaders' Zeta... But, as culling blade does not remove them, they should not add to culling blades' damage.

Stacking Dots might be a great option for the normal AAT raids. As they can really do damage. And might be a nice affect for Epic AATs as well...

Alot of the ZETAs look overpowered. But I guess thats the idea, get players to spend on ships to get the Zetas.

One nice thing for us FTP players is if more whales do Uber Damage in Epic AAT raids, It may mean less whales needed to do epic AATs, so more space for us freeloaders.
  • @Vice_torn culling blade will dispel, and do the damage, and then his leader will reapply

I think this team will be legit

And yes it's great the zetas will hopefully make it easier