Drop rate ideas...

Kyno
32087 posts Moderator
I know that it has been said drop rates are right were they should be and people have done the tracking and the math works out, but it's just hard to believe some of this is true.

I think they should put a guaranteed drop at x consecutive (or simmed ) battles. As an example let's say something has a 30% drop rate. Make 1 drop every 5 if no reward given. This would have to be 5 conservative or simmed battles not 5 hits on the same node while other activities are done.

This would be a win for EA as people would spend "more" energy at once in an effort to get what they are looking for.

It's a win for players because you will see less 0s overall for the farming of items.

An extension of this would be to guarantee 1 shard for any hard node that is refreshed. Win for EA as people would feel better about refreshing a HN, but a win for players who are really trying to finish off or just focused on a toon. ( I have never refreshed a HN, but I would if I got 0 and new that I could end up with at a minimum 1 for 50 crystals)(plus energy).

These guarantees would be only if you received nothing from the standard drop rate for x # of battles. So if you pulled one from "normal" drop rate then this wouldn't apply. But if you simmed 20 you would never get less then 4 (if my previously stated rates were applied).