how best to use slave ship

unlocked boba's slave ship. takes a while to get him going but seems very strong, just having trouble deciding on a team comp. I was using AA L, ashoka, JC, 5's, sun fac, wedge's ships b/c these were what I first leveled and what I had geared main characters for.

any thoughts on best comp for Slave ship?

Replies

• Ships with target lock on primary, ripple around target locks, trigger S1 special, game over. Needs a quick taunter to protect it till cool down kicks in. I run Vader Fives Rex Biggs (taunt) S1.

Xio
  • I have a guildie who is doing well with Mace (L), Biggs, Wedge, JC, Ahsoka, and Boba for his fleet arena team. Mace basic has target lock. 5s is good to have in there too.
  • RyanRen wrote: »
    I have a guildie who is doing well with Mace (L), Biggs, Wedge, JC, Ahsoka, and Boba for his fleet arena team. Mace basic has target lock. 5s is good to have in there too.

too bad my mace is sooo much under-geared to my Acbar

my best ships by far are wedge, biggs, 5's, JC, and sun fac. only 5's easily places target lock. Slave is "good" but not awesome, this may be b/c my boba is only g9 though.
  • Xioborg wrote: »
    Ships with target lock on primary, ripple around target locks, trigger S1 special, game over. Needs a quick taunter to protect it till cool down kicks in. I run Vader Fives Rex Biggs (taunt) S1.

Why are you not running Vader/FOTP/TFP/Biggs/Boba under Tarkin? I don't understand the Fives inclusion, since he will never taunt (unless you have Mace, you didn't specify fleet commander). Rex is okay with protection recovery, but it's on a long cooldown and speeding up Biggs technically shortens his taunt duration. FOTP will thrive off the target locks and TFP will benefit Tarkin and benefit from both Vader and Tarkin. TFP is rather squishy, though, so you could also sub in Resistance Pilot, who does really with a target lock team.
  • angrythumbs
    334 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Mageduckey wrote: »
    Xioborg wrote: »
    Ships with target lock on primary, ripple around target locks, trigger S1 special, game over. Needs a quick taunter to protect it till cool down kicks in. I run Vader Fives Rex Biggs (taunt) S1.

Why are you not running Vader/FOTP/TFP/Biggs/Boba under Tarkin? I don't understand the Fives inclusion, since he will never taunt (unless you have Mace, you didn't specify fleet commander). Rex is okay with protection recovery, but it's on a long cooldown and speeding up Biggs technically shortens his taunt duration. FOTP will thrive off the target locks and TFP will benefit Tarkin and benefit from both Vader and Tarkin. TFP is rather squishy, though, so you could also sub in Resistance Pilot, who does really with a target lock team.

for me ...
    1) dont have vader
    2) tarken is way undergeared c/w AA. AA has been useful for raids for so long, he is maxed out. Tarkin is useful only for me in the ships portion. also, ftp is slowly being leveled ... sharing time with darth maul, plo kloon, etc that are also only useful for me in ships
    3) fives can place a target lock on his first turn so increased the number of hits from boba's 2nd ability (presuming fives go first)

im kind of hesitant to spend resources on him if they release other commanders soon. but judging from other choices, they seem to release 50-50 ships with toons that may be under-utilized in other parts of the game
  • Mageduckey
    699 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    I was speaking directly to the guy I quoted, as he was the only one that said he had Vader...even my comment about Fives was directed at him, not you.

As for your fleet, Fives might get a target lock out, but he never receives a taunt so his tankiness can be completely avoided. Defeats the purpose of having a tank (since he doesn't do mass dispel/buff immunity like B2)
  • Mageduckey wrote: »
    I was speaking directly to the guy I quoted, as he was the only one that said he had Vader...even my comment about Fives was directed at him, not you.

As for your fleet, Fives might get a target lock out, but he never receives a taunt so his tankiness can be completely avoided. Defeats the purpose of having a tank (since he doesn't do mass dispel/buff immunity like B2)

ah.

yes agree w/ your second point. the placing of target lock is hand b/c none of the other ships I start w/ place target lock (except slave now), so hard to create offense off of that w/out him.

Im finding that he is targeted first often though, so it may be a good idea to start with him in the first reinforcement slot. weird that most of the rebels (wedge/biggs/plo/JC/ashoka etc) have benefit w/ target lock, but dont place it. even AA as leader does not place it

with my fleet though, boba is the most useful/potentially damaging, but cant seem to maximize his potential

thanks for the input though
  • Mageduckey wrote: »

That is why you run 5 with Biggs so that you can put taunt on Biggs.
  • Barmuka_1 wrote: »
    Mageduckey wrote: »

That is why you run 5 with Biggs so that you can put taunt on Biggs.

Okay...but then what's the point of running Fives, other than a guaranteed target lock once every 5 turns to get a taunt that lasts 1 turn. His basic is extremely weak. He's a heavy-set once-every-5-turns-TL paperweight that feeds TM if you don't have a taunt to place on him.
  • AA Home one, Wiggs, Ashoka, Slave I and Fives as the starting fleet. Keep Fives and Slave I special for later, and the first special from AA you should use is the defensive one, giving Advantage to Biggs. Then Biggs has a crit guaranteed with the basic, which grants TL and Taunt. Then both Slave I and Fives can use the special on someone not TLed and they will hit also the TLed ship. If you use Fives' special before Slave I's, once Slave I goes, there will be two guys on TL, so you can hit 3 ships at once with Boba's ship.

• Im searching in every shipment refresh for slave1 but i have only 16/80 untill now
  • cyberyul wrote: »
    AA Home one, Wiggs, Ashoka, Slave I and Fives as the starting fleet. Keep Fives and Slave I special for later, and the first special from AA you should use is the defensive one, giving Advantage to Biggs. Then Biggs has a crit guaranteed with the basic, which grants TL and Taunt. Then both Slave I and Fives can use the special on someone not TLed and they will hit also the TLed ship. If you use Fives' special before Slave I's, once Slave I goes, there will be two guys on TL, so you can hit 3 ships at once with Boba's ship.

that is a great idea. i had been running jc w sun fac to use sf as the assist granting TL. the problem is, the opponents always use AA lead and cleanse the first tl. i usually place the tl w/ first attack just to get the AI cleans on cd

so should i use jc and slave at all? SF and biggs is nice bc both tend to alternate taunts. w/out the taunt, SF is very useless on offense. his stun works well though
  • Rex's TL is reliable since most ships don't start buffed. Jc pulling SF is another one. (AA always cleanses one of them). Ill follow with Maces basic if both are cleared. I agree on holding off on Slave 1 and 5's specials until you have multiple locks