Barriss Zeta ability enough to hard counter Wiggs, Droids and general crit builds?

Whenever an Ally is critically hit, they recover 20% of their health.

20% is a lot of health, and is enough to render most attacks into a wet noodle. THe healing can even net up a positive health gain if the crit hits for less than 20%.

Note that the Zeta makes no distinction between Jedi and non-Jedi allies, and presumably all her pre-Zeta effects are still on.

Barris Leader will become the ultimate untrespassable wall? Eat wiggs teams for breakfast a small nibble at a time?

Replies

• Well, Uniques typicly only work when the unit is up, so she'd get focused down, though it could alleviate it a bit, and turn her into a non-taunting tank.
  • StarSon
    7411 posts Member
    I think Barriss under a QGJ lead (zeta'd) will counter a lot of the current meta. You can't get OHKO if you can't get hit the first time. And then Barriss will go about her business cleansing and healing.
  • Brazilian_Joe
    367 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Yeah take wiggs for instance. It does not do damage in one swoop. It is 3 attacks total, which means up to 60% health regained if they all crit.

Barris is formidable HP-wise, those 60%HP count for a lot which can render the wiggs magic much less effective on her. When applied to allies, it's 60% of their own health, not Barriss', so its effectiveness will depend on the ally.

Good for my 90K HP Royal Guard! Not so much for my Ackbar, but still good.

On the other hand, being a unique grants versatility in being able to choose any char as a leader.
    I can team her up with Luminara to get Lumi's health + evasion leader passive and 2 healers for maximum annoyance. Or pair her up with a lot of tanks.
  • StarSon wrote: »
    I think Barriss under a QGJ lead (zeta'd) will counter a lot of the current meta. You can't get OHKO if you can't get hit the first time. And then Barriss will go about her business cleansing and healing.

Yeah, if you speed Barriss up (a lot) so that she can heal and cleanse toons quickly, then it COULD somewhat counter the Wiggs/Lando meta, but still not sure because Wiggs and Lando are such DPS machines.

A fast Shoretrooper is probably more effective because of the crit hit immunity he gives your team when he uses his unique. That effectively makes Wiggs and Lando a LOT less powerful.
  • StarSon
    7411 posts Member
    KyloRey wrote: »
    StarSon wrote: »

Yeah, if you speed Barriss up (a lot) so that she can heal and cleanse toons quickly, then it COULD somewhat counter the Wiggs/Lando meta, but still not sure because Wiggs and Lando are such DPS machines.

A fast Shoretrooper is probably more effective because of the crit hit immunity he gives your team when he uses his unique. That effectively makes Wiggs and Lando a LOT less powerful.

For sure ST is more effective, but he's also behind a paywall. QGJ and Barriss are free. Throw in Yoda to avoid debuffs and you become very annoying. JKA + Ahsoka probably rounds it out for damage.
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member

Barriss gains passive tm whenever an ally is critically hit, so she doesn't need to be sped up that much
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • tRRRey wrote: »

Barriss gains passive tm whenever an ally is critically hit, so she doesn't need to be sped up that much

That's a good point.
  • StarSon wrote: »

For sure ST is more effective, but he's also behind a paywall. QGJ and Barriss are free. Throw in Yoda to avoid debuffs and you become very annoying. JKA + Ahsoka probably rounds it out for damage.

Yeah that team definitely has a lot of survivability potential. And JKA and Ahsoka can do some damage. Just not sure that team has enough DPS for the Arena.
  • QGJ, barris, kenobi, anakin, ahsoka or yoda.
    Don't be a ****(4), and follow forum guidelines.
  • Health inmunity or shock debuf and bye bye... Very easy to EP and Sid...

Wait, Bariss dispell debuf?
  • Brazilian_Joe
    367 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Barriss has a passive debuff dispel on the lowest HP ally at the end of her turn (when she is at 0% TM). This grants her 10% TM per debuff dispelled.

That is in addition to the 10% TM per crit on ally.
  • Bhaalor
    1724 posts Member
    Yeah take wiggs for instance. It does not do damage in one swoop. It is 3 attacks total, which means up to 60% health regained if they all crit.

Barris is formidable HP-wise, those 60%HP count for a lot which can render the wiggs magic much less effective on her. When applied to allies, it's 60% of their own health, not Barriss', so its effectiveness will depend on the ally.

On the other hand, being a unique grants versatility in being able to choose any char as a leader.
    I can team her up with Luminara to get Lumi's health + evasion leader passive and 2 healers for maximum annoyance. Or pair her up with a lot of tanks.

Maximum annoyance would adding Daka, EE, and Boba to that.

• Zooey
    1607 posts Member

I don't think it's that significant. Say you're shooting a 20k hp QGJ. A Wiggs combo would do 40-50k damage. While mitigating 12k of that is nice, it certainly wouldn't be better than crit immunity (Kenobi), Foresight, or a start of the turn taunt. She might be great in the raid, but I don't think this makes her any more arena viable.
  • KyloRey wrote: »

Yeah that team definitely has a lot of survivability potential. And JKA and Ahsoka can do some damage. Just not sure that team has enough DPS for the Arena.

Don't forget that under the QGJ zeta'd lead, the team also gets a significant offense boost.
  • Zooey wrote: »

I don't think it's that significant. Say you're shooting a 20k hp QGJ. A Wiggs combo would do 40-50k damage. While mitigating 12k of that is nice, it certainly wouldn't be better than crit immunity (Kenobi), Foresight, or a start of the turn taunt. She might be great in the raid, but I don't think this makes her any more arena viable.

Foresight would come from the QGJ lead, crit immunity from Kenobi's passive. So with this combination, you would mitigate 12k of the Wiggs damage, and then get crit immunity from Kenobi.
  • Also keep in mind that it is a HEAL. Meaning, the damage has to be done first, then heal comes after. So you could still die with the Crit, and not heal. It won't save you from Vader/GSpy/Boba.
  • Try it with a Kenobi (L), Bariss, Fives, Anakin and Ahsoka. Everyone gets 30% more HP from Kenobi's lead and 70% defense, lowering incoming damage and increasing max healing potential. Fives can taunt with his Special, Kenobi can taunt, Bariss will be behind the brick wall that makes up Fives and Kenobi and Anakin and Ahsoka would be more of a target anyways due to their DPS, but Kenobi can call plenty of assists. Might be possible to really hold up.
  • It won't hold up against a high cd team. someone said you get 60 percent health after 3 round. But you will probably have lost 160 percent health. Which means you are already dead. Its like saying after 100 rounds I will have gained 20,000 percent heatlh! I'm immortal.
  • Vertigo wrote: »
    Try it with a Kenobi (L), Bariss, Fives, Anakin and Ahsoka. Everyone gets 30% more HP from Kenobi's lead and 70% defense, lowering incoming damage and increasing max healing potential. Fives can taunt with his Special, Kenobi can taunt, Bariss will be behind the brick wall that makes up Fives and Kenobi and Anakin and Ahsoka would be more of a target anyways due to their DPS, but Kenobi can call plenty of assists. Might be possible to really hold up.

This is interesting, but if you can get around everything and kill Anakin it's match over.