Fleet Arena is impossible

Prev1
Hi all...

I'm L82, very active... top 100 in normal Arena...
I have a reasonable crew, but can get nowhere in Fleet Arena...
ships are enhanced, levelled up etc etc etc ... but can't break #1000
I very rarely win a battle... it's frustrating to the point of giving up totally...
It just seems that there is something wrong!
Most of my friends are lower levels, but all in top 50 at least... some top 5!!
I'm at #1000
I don't get it really....

Replies

• Bhaalor
    1724 posts Member
    I am having the same problem on one of my accounts. I am literally 1-5 in the arena, and on the ships arena I'm lucky to break 2000. Not sure how they grouped shards, but its not fun being on the one I'm on.
  • It seems really unfair... there are people in my guild #1 in ships... but at level 70 ish... rates of progression will be massively skewed unfairly if you are on certain shards... it's really disappointing... I was so looking forward to ships but now feel really screwed over... :(
  • Orions
    269 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Obo_Nâm wrote: »
    Hi all...

I'm L82, very active... top 100 in normal Arena...
    I have a reasonable crew, but can get nowhere in Fleet Arena...
    ships are enhanced, levelled up etc etc etc ... but can't break #1000
    I very rarely win a battle... it's frustrating to the point of giving up totally...
    It just seems that there is something wrong!
    Most of my friends are lower levels, but all in top 50 at least... some top 5!!
    I'm at #1000
    I don't get it really....

Are you Pilots at a solid gear lvl to go with the ships? I've been fairly successful since I had a good few pilots at a high lvl when I got their ships. If you were slow to progress then it will be hard to progress, but like arena once people all start arriving at max lvl for ships there will be more of a chance to catch up, but that will take a bit, just keep building where you can luckily you still get solid payout for finishing low..

O
  • Yeah, I had Windu, Ashoka, Jedi Consolor 7*, gear 9 or 10, level 81 when ships opened... I was fully active from day one... even spent a bit to get ahead... other crew were further behind but reasonable.... but I got destroyed!!
  • Just need to know who to hit first biggs is pretty important for fleet imo
  • Its how they grouped them. Im lvl 84, active and top 200 easily. I rarely lose just havent pushed to go higher yet
  • APX_919
    2468 posts Member
    Yeah, I had Windu, Ashoka, Jedi Consolor 7*, gear 9 or 10, level 81 when ships opened... I was fully active from day one... even spent a bit to get ahead... other crew were further behind but reasonable.... but I got destroyed!!

Something tells me your strategy may be a bit off because the toons you've mentioned are better than mine and I'm at 100 in the Fleet Arena (have a great Wiggs combination so maybe that's it, plus an excellent Sun Fac and GS). What's your flagship/capital ship? What's the star level of that ship's captain? All that factors in to efficiency.

Ackbar makes it easier but Windu can last longer and with high Dark Side ships Tarkin is a beast.
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    APX_919 wrote: »
    Yeah, I had Windu, Ashoka, Jedi Consolor 7*, gear 9 or 10, level 81 when ships opened... I was fully active from day one... even spent a bit to get ahead... other crew were further behind but reasonable.... but I got destroyed!!

Something tells me your strategy may be a bit off because the toons you've mentioned are better than mine and I'm at 100 in the Fleet Arena (have a great Wiggs combination so maybe that's it, plus an excellent Sun Fac and GS). What's your flagship/capital ship? What's the star level of that ship's captain? All that factors in to efficiency.

Ackbar makes it easier but Windu can last longer and with high Dark Side ships Tarkin is a beast.

could be less fortunate leaderboard placement aswell, facing players with way better pilots. top2000 seems a bit strange though.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Obo_Nâm
    80 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Windu and his capital ship... Level 82/55 7*/3*

It more than strategy or toons I feel... I know some that barely battle and still hold top 100... I give 5 or 10 battles a day and can't break #1000... something is just wrong!
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    Do you have mods on all your pilots?
  • Yep... Ashoka is brutal... but all have 3-5* mods ... all maxed out at 15
  • Are the servers grouped by time zone? If so, it may be that the game is more popular (and there are more people) in certain timezones, meaning those servers are more competitive.
  • Weird. I have the same issue between my main and alt account. My main, I'm making progress, my alt, I'm probably last place.
  • Obo_Nâm wrote: »

Okay, that's two good ships, but what about the other five? Windu being geared isn't quite as important--it's not like he needs HP, protection, tenacity, or defense, so the only stats on a flagship that matter are speed, offense, and potency.

Consular at 7 is really good for his assist, but look at his stats and you'll see that he does almost no physical damage, and his basic only uses physical. So you have a really good ship for every 1 in 4 turns, and a fairly substandard ship for the remaining 3. Ahsoka is a glass cannon, so a couple rounds of concentrated fire and she's down--do you have someone to protect her with a taunt? Biggs is a fantastic tank in fleet, and if you're using Mace you can use his taunt to distract from Ahsoka.

You can't get by with two good characters. You need all of them to be 7 stars and minimum gear 7 if you want to compete. You also need to pay attention to your squad composition--synergy is useful, but a big freaking gun is more important. Imperial and First Order TIE Fighters hit like trucks even if you don't have Tarkin as your admiral.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Pilots matter more than the ships themselves, make sure that you're maxing your pilots which includes maxed mods and giving them omega abilities
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • What I want to know is why isn't it just the same shardmates from your squad arena
  • Yeah that's weird, on the last time I was 56 on arena squad and 321 on ship arena. I got really reflexive, cos' I was investing on ships.
  • Are you in the shard with electrablue, lorddon, murtok etc? If so, you are simply in a hyper competitive shard that needs to be reworked.
  • I've basically resigned myself to not getting out of the bottom prize tier until I can shake things up. I'm usually around rank 200 in squad arena with a 39K team, but I can't even beat fleet teams of my same power. I think it is because my command ships are weak. I never had Akbar, Windu, or Tarkin, so they are new and still pitiful on gear. My power comes from Ahsoka and Jedi Consular, which doesn't quite cut it.
  • RU486
    1686 posts Member
    I put very little effort in to ships yet I am top 35(only did 2 battles today which is about what I usually do), I do have great pilots though which is a difference maker
  • Gear your pilots better it's what matters most
  • It's all about the pilots. My arena rank and my fleet rank are almost identical. Somewhere between 50-20 every day. But I have a very deep roster with multiple pilots (including Plo Koon!) maxed out. Wasn't really planning for ships but for once, some of my bench fodder gets some use (Plo Koon, FOTP, Jedi Consular, etc)
  • ScotBott wrote: »
    Gear your pilots better it's what matters most

Yeah I've purposely focused my fleet on all my highest geared pilots.

So I have Wedge, Biggs, Geo Soldier, Fives, Ahsoka and Jedi Consular as my main ships. All of them are 7 stars and at least gear 9.

I use Tie-Fighter pilot as my last reserve and he's 6 star and gear level 9.

My capital ship is Akbar's Home One. Akbar is 7 star and gear level 11.

I have been able to stay in the Top 10 ever since Ships started. Now, my shard isn't super competitive (my arena power is only about 110k), but bottom line is I focused my farming ships with my strongest toons.

Although now I am farming some Dark Side ships so I am gearing up First Order TP, Geo Spy and Sun Fac.
  • There are two issues that are why people have problems in fleet arena. The first is that every single person in your fleet arena shard is someone active enough to reach the same level bracket as you(80-85 in the OPs case) rather than being a bunch of people who made it to level 8 once upon a time. This alone is enough that the average person should expect their fleet arena rank to be about 10x their squad arena rank. The second issue is that anyone who downloaded the ship update as soon as they could is likely to be in the same shard as many of the whales, as they would tend to rush content as well. I suspect the people who have fleet ranks similar to their squad arena ranks are either fairly low level or else didn't do the ship update until after the initial rush had passed.
  • I struggle to get under 600 arena with a 27k squad, but I consistently stay between 65-80 in fleet. My fleet arena power is only 71k...

Its all about your shard. None of my pilots are even 7*

Sorry for your luck...

Fleet squad is AA L, JC, 5s, Biggs, GS, Poe
  • tRRRey wrote: »
    Pilots matter more than the ships themselves, make sure that you're maxing your pilots which includes maxed mods and giving them omega abilities

Abilities like omegas on characters effect ships? I had no clue
  • I'm around 500 always, when I fight it's an uphill war, seeing as almost all my target locks are resisted while theirs rain like candy.
  • Thanks for all the reply guys.... I'll keep trying... but it does look like I've pulled a bit of a short straw with my shard.... :(
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Teague wrote: »
    tRRRey wrote: »

Abilities like omegas on characters effect ships? I had no clue

Yup, they aren't drastic increases but they do boost a ship's speed which is very important as currently mods have no effect on speed. This can be the difference between your capital ship going first or not.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • Rather silly the way shards were created, given that char roster matters. I am Lvl 85 started in June... And am in a shard with Lvl 85 players that started last November... I don't have a chance in hockey sticks.

Anyone Lvl 79 when ships came out will be far better off then someone that just got to Lvl 80..