Best 5th for Wiggs + Chaze?

Hey dudes! Simple question—planning on running Wiggs and Chaze for the foreseeable future, who's the best 5th member for Arena? I'm thinking that Sun Fac, B2, or TFP are probably the top candidates, but I wanted to hear from some top end players.

I'm specifically trying to end the STHan abuse of Baze's retribution, but I'm also anticipating the eventual return of EP and the associated squad members.

Thanks, y'all!

Replies

• Options
    The obvious best is GK, he makes Baze invincible, but he is far away for most. You could run Shore for an extra taunt, or Boba. I've also seen Rex lead with those 4, but I think Wedge lead is better. I'd run Shoretrooper until I got GK personally.
    Willis Mcgahee of the Mighty Chlorians ~ https://swgoh.gg/u/willis/
  • Options
    I agree but I don't have Shore and probably won't get him any time in the near future haha
  • RU486
    1686 posts Member
    Options
    Fun Sac or B2, need a dispeller these days
  • Options
    Willis wrote: »
    The obvious best is GK, he makes Baze invincible, but he is far away for most. You could run Shore for an extra taunt, or Boba. I've also seen Rex lead with those 4, but I think Wedge lead is better. I'd run Shoretrooper until I got GK personally.

Spot on with GK. Someone on my shard runs this lineup and it's ridiculously good. I am still trying to take out just one of them (usually run Rex lead, JKA, SF, 5's, STH). Until you get GK, I think it depends on who's on your shard, but I'd lean toward SF. He's just so darned useful.
  • TyloRen
    381 posts Moderator
    Options
    I run raid Han on that team. Lots of fun. GK will be taking that role over in the future
  • Options
    Could..... somebody explain why GK works well with this squad? Since nobody on it is a rebel or a clone?

Raid Han makes sense on offense. Not so much on defense since I assume he won't always go for STH first turn..
  • Options
    Can't go wrong with a scarif. He dies and gives speed up. Taunts often. Inflicts offense down too I believe
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    Could..... somebody explain why GK works well with this squad? Since nobody on it is a rebel or a clone?

Raid Han makes sense on offense. Not so much on defense since I assume he won't always go for STH first turn..

Haven't seem it my self but my guess is combination of chirrut unique and Kenobi unique.
    Every crit hit on rebel they gait HoT and Crit immunity and GK starts a taunting.

No crits and Heal over time at the same time can extend characters life.
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Options

It's because of GK's Unique: Soresu
    "At the end of each of his turns, General Kenobi has a 65% chance to gain Foresight for 2 turns. Whenever another ally is Critically Hit, if General Kenobi is alive, they gain Critical Hit Immunity for 1 turn and General Kenobi gains Taunt for 1 turn."
    Once Baze takes a critical hit he'll gain crit immunity and Kenobi will taunt. This will give your attacker two options to attack, and they might pick Kenobi as he won't have crit immunity, but both have enormous amounts of hp and splitting damage between two tanks never works out. On top of that Kenobi can grant Foresight which is essentially stopping a large chunk of damage that's coming your way. Plus with Kenobi and Chirrut you have two cleansers and Kenobi can grant Foresight on his basic as well. You basically can't take damage and AoE's that crit will be pretty useless against your team.
  • Options
    If I had to use my guys, ID go either Scariff for more taunt, AoE Offence Down, revive, and general being a hard-to-kill ****.
    Or Leia. She Stealth's, and under Wedge, a few crits can not only slaughter an enemy, but bring her health back up to full, then stealth to force others to attack her allies.

Though Sun Fan could work (still working on gearing him and waiting to continue starring him untill I get Rex and more Blueprints)
    With taunt, counter, dispell, and self-healing.
  • MBL_66
    2465 posts Member
    Options
    Kenobi is best, Pathfinder is second best, sliding Wedge over and putting Rex in lead should also work well, Leia or Han if you want super DPS, Shoretrooper is also always good and you can even replace Biggs and Wedge with Palp and TFP for a different yet effective look.
  • Options
    Scarif Rebel Pathfinder would be a nightmare on this team. I have fought Wiggs/Chaze, and the amount of heal over time Chirrut gives out you pretty much won't kill SRP without hitting him with buff immunity. Although both B2 and TFP can do that so someone like Rex or maybe even EE would be useful for cleansing against empire or droid teams. More dispel is always good, but Baze does already have an AOE dispel.
  • MBL_66
    2465 posts Member
    Options
    Scarif Rebel Pathfinder would be a nightmare on this team. I have fought Wiggs/Chaze, and the amount of heal over time Chirrut gives out you pretty much won't kill SRP without hitting him with buff immunity. Although both B2 and TFP can do that so someone like Rex or maybe even EE would be useful for cleansing against empire or droid teams. More dispel is always good, but Baze does already have an AOE dispel.

Chirrut also cleanses
  • Options
    MBL_66 wrote: »

Chirrut also cleanses

Right, I forgot about that. In that case, just don't even bother running a fourth person, you don't need them. ;P
  • Options
    Not a huge fan of SRP.. I used him to get me to the top of my shard when I first started but he got old real quick against fast AoE teams.. plus, fast STHans absolutely wreck when Baze counters from the start, and I really need a solution for that. With Wiggs and Chirrut (plus Baze's %health special) I'm not worried about lacking in the DPS department, especially since I can sub in Lando as needed. GK sounds like a beast but my guild is a solid year from being able to do heroic tank.

So that's B2, Sun Fac, or TFP. Is Fac's counter like... reliable enough to deal with STHan? Do you guys even face STHan at the top levels?
  • Options
    But where is the meta changing Zeta upgrade in all this?
  • Options
    Not my point... I'm in a relatively young shard (like.... several months post-EP young) so Zeta is pretty far off for everybody. I need to keep my arena team in tip-top shape in the meantime, and that means farming Wedge and possibly Fac and Rex from fleet shop in the meantime. We'll see where Zeta takes me from there.

Also, bump bc the STHan abuse is becoming a serious pain.
  • Options
    I've been thinking of running Rex lead Chirrut GK Shore and a dps. Could be super annoying with 3 cleansers, and Shore would have so many buffs that he can basically taunt every turn when dispelled, and the GK shore combo would mean everyone has crit immunity
    FN 2187, Mighty Chlorians (spelt with a lowercase l not a capital I): Heroic AAT Guide, The Gear Grind
  • Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    Options
    Bistan is the 5th u seek.
  • Options
    GK is the absolute best possible 5th member for this setup.

GK basically patch up all the weaknesses of the current 4, and bring more to table on top of that.
    Problem with baze is sometimes u run into sthan, and his retribution will keep landing on sthan feeding tm to the opposition while the opposition will decimate you will aoes and such. With gk, lando aoes, np - once u crit, everyone gets crit immunity. He also cleanses in case your baze + chirrut is stunned ability blocked or otherwise unable to cleanse.
    Random foresight makes your team a lot harder to hit. GK with his all assist special packs a wallop especially with wiggs + chirrut called.

Without GK, shore is probably the next best alternative. Main use for shore is his pretaunt and crit immunity all around. He will probably be the fastest refreshing taunt out there with all the buffs that chirrut gives.
  • Options
    Akiraine wrote: »
    GK is the absolute best possible 5th member for this setup.

GK basically patch up all the weaknesses of the current 4, and bring more to table on top of that.
    Problem with baze is sometimes u run into sthan, and his retribution will keep landing on sthan feeding tm to the opposition while the opposition will decimate you will aoes and such. With gk, lando aoes, np - once u crit, everyone gets crit immunity. He also cleanses in case your baze + chirrut is stunned ability blocked or otherwise unable to cleanse.
    Random foresight makes your team a lot harder to hit. GK with his all assist special packs a wallop especially with wiggs + chirrut called.

Without GK, shore is probably the next best alternative. Main use for shore is his pretaunt and crit immunity all around. He will probably be the fastest refreshing taunt out there with all the buffs that chirrut gives.

Listen to this man. :wink:
  • Mullato
    2582 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Akiraine wrote: »

I agree with this. Luckily the whale on my shard doesn't use gk (yet) so right now he runs..
    Wiggs
    Chaze
    Shore
    ...I can't beat him, actually no one has beaten him in a couple of weeks now. He's just been sitting on rank 1 with that setup. Besides the fact that his mods are stupidly insane, the fight is also stupid. Maybe a really good empire squad could beat it, but my shard is all about those rebels atm.

Edit: wait actually there's 1 squad that can move him, some Asian guy with a really fast squad of..
    Lando
    Wiggs
    Palp
    STH
    ...only thing I can think of getting him the win is his sth being at 246 speed with the lando lead. The whale's biggs (without wedge unique is 210) So he eats the wiggs shot and allows his palp to throw up a stun or shock on shore to negate the crit immunity. But I'm not entirely sure...
  • Gank_Killer
    1817 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    I'd replace "Chaze" with Chibus. Better all-round combo and general likeability.

for a 5th, just toss in Kenobi, basically the new Rey, as in, "never go wrong with Kenobi"
  • Options
    If I had EP or Shore or GK I would use one of them.... but I don't.... so yeah. Don't think Bistan is what I'm looking for as he doesn't deal with STHan and I'm not really looking for DPS or TM reduction.

If I end up spending to unlock Shore, will he work for the foreseeable future at 3*? If not, I'll probably just wait for him to be farmable or until I have GK.