What's your most frustrating draw?

With 30 seconds left in arena, it was my Leia vs their Rex. I put it on auto and proceeded to watch the two of them dance the Cha Cha with blasters until all the seconds ticked away.

He was hanging by a thread. Five seconds. Four. Three. He dodges. He shoots. He shoots again. She looks one way. She looks the other way. Face palm.

Replies

• Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Why did you save Rex for last? And how did Leia manage to be the last one on your team? I feel like those two characters are usually some of the first to die due to low hp and the fact that you should probably kill Rex before he can use squad discipline.

However, most of my frustrating draws nowadays are only ever in the fleet arena. It's not frustrating because it's close to the battle ending, its frustrating cuz it just takes sooooooo **** long for those animations that the time just runs dry.
  • Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    Battling for 2nd today from 4th. Both using Mace. Started the battle on auto. As his last ship died, time ran out and got a draw. It couldn't have been any faster as the entire battle was on auto.
  • Back when I ran a Lumi lead I had a couple of draws against and Old Ben lead.

Her healing and ability blocking and him evading and hitting and evading.

I don't really draw any more though. On my main account it is usually over in under a minute win or especially lose.

On my alt account I run Boba lead wil Lando, STHan, Old Ben, and 88.

I haven't had draws per se but I have had many showdowns between either a Rex led 5's or a Wedge led Biggs.

I'm severely undergeared and starred for my place in arena (I have been taking top 8 or 9 since Boba's rework) so my 29k team goes up against Wiggs teams 33-36k and clone teams of 35-39k.

Those aren't chump teams so if I don't play my cards right I lose too much momentum to take out their last man (especially Biggs).

Get him to under 50% health, he crits back to back to 75% and takes out a toon. Rinse and repeat. Frustrating.

Today it was a gear 9 Biggs vs Boba and Old Ben.

Boba got killed revived, almost took out Biggs but then got taken out again. Somehow, Old Ben took him out with Red health left after a nigh miraculous back to back dodges (I don't run him as dodge lead).
  • A few months ago now, I was still running Chewie in the arena. I went up against a team with a Barriss and (somehow) they ended up being the last two alive. Literally nothing they could do to kill each other. Keep in mind, they were the last two alive for about 3 and a half minutes.

The worst part is that I specifically remember that match as being the one that would've put me up a prize bracket.
  • Actually, it was probably 5s when I said Rex. Not sure how I get those mixed up! ;-) I always leave him for last because he tends not to bother me until I bother him.

I run a ftp 39K team and can beat teams up to around 42K. I played mostly every day for the last six to nine months, but I've never gotten a rank above 150, so that must be nice!

What I do wish is that I could see how my team is doing against other players. I have a pretty well balanced RG/EE combo that I assume is frustrating them even on AI, if they are at or below my power. When I'm playing it, I've had it down to just those two characters and then EE brings back all my attackers and healers, and I'm suddenly blowing them away. My EE definitely makes this game fun for me.
  • Actually, my most frustrating arena ending was with my team standing, the other team completely gone, and the word DRAW on the screen. I basically launched a buzzer beater final attack before time ran out, but the clock ticked down to zero before they could fall backward in defeat. I always thought that one should have counted.
  • It was a long time ago when droid teams with Poogle and Poe were dangerous.
    I sniped for first place against such a team without great expectations because I was rarely able to beat them.
    This time it worked out well, I cleared the opposing toons fairly quickly. There was only one left and I patiently waited while the clock was ticking away, filled with joy that I was victorious.
    When there were only 10 seconds left I fired my last shot to kill off the last remaining toon, HK47.
    Then he revived. Ooops, I forgot about that. Time over.