Base Dodge (Not a whining post)

Vertigo
4496 posts Member
So we all know the Base dodge is 2%. But how does that get factored in when dodge buffs and debuffs are being tossed around. I hit lvl 85 yesterday and was doing the DS 9 Hard battles with an EP lead and went up against the Jedi is DS 9-A hard and one of them dodged and I was just rather confused. Yes, it was with the Luminara in the leader spot, however, even Lumi's dodge lead can't make up for the -32% evasion from my EP lead.
So my question is, is the base dodge somewhat like the base tenacity of 15%? I feel like this isn't the case as I've run EP against old ben leads in the arena and I've never seen a Jedi dodge even with an Old Ben lead and I'm pretty sure the 2% dodge chance would've triggered by now. So is it really possible for that to have been the 2% base dodge or is the AI just buffing it's dodge or is the leader ability off? Just somewhat confused and curious about how the base rate is factored into attacks.

Replies

• There is something more than just the 2% they post.

Certain toons have naturally high evasion. Aayla's description says as much. RG and JC dodge more under Lumi lead than others. A few others as well I can't think of off the top of my head.
  • Vertigo
    4496 posts Member
    There is something more than just the 2% they post.

Certain toons have naturally high evasion. Aayla's description says as much. RG and JC dodge more under Lumi lead than others. A few others as well I can't think of off the top of my head.

But how do we know this? They haven't updated Aayla's description in a very long time, and other characters that say "naturally high evasion" or the likes typically grant themselves foresight or evasion up. I just don't know if this is all for certain and was just wondering if there was any harder evidence of how the evasion thing works, I don't really care that the Jedi dodged (it wasn't a Jedi Consular it was the Jedi apprentice or whatever, one of the ones we cant get) more just wondering if this is a bug or if theres something we aren't able to see.
    I don't doubt you, I just don't like how we can't see this for certain.