Trying to build an FTP Empire squad.

Prev1
vazelos81
166 posts Member
edited December 2016
I like empire characters and im trying to make an empire squad.
TFP will be at 7* this week and Vader is at 5*, RG at 6* and tarkin at 6*. Also have sid at 7*.
I dont have Palpatine yet but I have a full rebel squad so I hope to have a 7* EP when his event come again.
I'd like to have Shoretrooper but he's at 3* and i'm FTP so I dont think i could count on him.
Could u help me form a squad, if not completely empire, based on empire toons?

Replies

• SHT is fine at 3* if you gear him up. Palps, Vader, TP, RG, SHT will work just fine.
  • Sid isn't Empire.

I use IG-88 as pseudo empire at times. He has great synergy with debuffs.
  • Is SHT that good? He's at 15/30 for 4* and I have 2000 crystals.
    Would it worth it to give 1500 for the chance to take 20 or 30 shards from the card in tha store?
  • vazelos81 wrote: »
    Is SHT that good? He's at 15/30 for 4* and I have 2000 crystals.
    Would it worth it to give 1500 for the chance to take 20 or 30 shards from the card in tha store?

Save your crystals for Cantina refreshes and use them to farm TFP.
    I fight the good fight
  • Your squad eventually will be palps, Vader TFP RG and Shore:) powerful squad double taunt buff immunity stun damage debuffs.. it'll be a dangerous squad
  • Oootini wrote: »
    Your squad eventually will be palps, Vader TFP RG and Shore:) powerful squad double taunt buff immunity stun damage debuffs.. it'll be a dangerous squad

That's the squad i'd like to have but i'm not sure how i could star shore. Hope he is ok at 3*
    Is there any room for tarkin somehow?
  • Yeah I run EP (L), Vader, RG, TFP and Rey (replacing her with shore once I get him from the pack)

I can basiclly beat any wiggs/lando/Sth team so long as my TFP is faster than the wiggs. Simply put Biggs as the primary target for TFP Aoe and he should get ability blocked, preventing wiggs OHKO. After that u can just throw in all of your debuffs and kill wedge and lando and put shock on Biggs making him useless. I usually come out with all 5 toons alive in the end

If you have shore or a fast TFP, an empire team will absolutely decimate these rebel scum (dunno about chaze, but it works on wiggs)
  • That sounds awesome...
    hope the palp event won't take too long to show up (as everyone with 5 rebels ready for him)
  • vazelos81 wrote: »
    Oootini wrote: »
    Your squad eventually will be palps, Vader TFP RG and Shore:) powerful squad double taunt buff immunity stun damage debuffs.. it'll be a dangerous squad

That's the squad i'd like to have but i'm not sure how i could star shore. Hope he is ok at 3*
    Is there any room for tarkin somehow?

Tarkin generally isn't that great in Empire squads. He can only apply 1 debuff (2 if you're against Rebels), his basic doesn't do nearly the damage you'd want from someone with as little utility or tankiness as him, and his AOE doesn't hit hard enough or reduce TM often enough to be that great. He's not absolutely awful (he could even be considered decent against Rebel teams), but he's not as valuable as any of the usual Empire guys.
  • i was running pure empire and found it didn't work against any team with a taunt or important buff. so i dropped vader and brought in b2 - it works much better now.

b2 has a lot of synergy with TFP as well - constant debuffs.
  • is Veers any good in Empire teams?
  • EP (L), TFP and Shore are the big 3 of empire team (kind of like droids's big 3)

Shore is viable even at 3 star. well he is viable even at 3 star level 1. empire toons are very slow in general but they gain a loot of TM and/or health once you get them going. If you have shore you don't need the best speed mods to ability block je/biggs

Tarkin and Sid are pretty bad. Veers is just a waste of gear. just focus on the big 3 first and see if EA give us some empire love
  • Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    https://swgoh.gg/u/poxx70/

EP, TFP, Shore, Boba, B2 ftw.
  • Tarkin is alright until you get Palpatine, who does the same thing (control) but better and with damage. On the other hand, Tarkin uses arena tokens so it's not like you're sacrificing anything getting him if you're bound and determined on doing Empire Only F2P.

Veers isn't bad, but he's such a pain in the butt to rank up that there's better things you can do.

Shoretrooper does what you need him to do at 3*, and gear is more important than rank anyhow. If you can get him higher, go for it, but don't worry too much.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • I ran into an maxed arena team that was EP, Vader, RG, Shore, Daka. That really ****. Stun stun stun with EP, Daka, and a juiced RG (because of palp lead)
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    B2 is a great addition to any Empire team because they currently don't have a dispeller
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • EP (L)
    RG
    Vader
    TFP
    Boba

Boom, free to play empire team.
  • tRRRey wrote: »
    B2 is a great addition to any Empire team because they currently don't have a dispeller

Depending on how you view things, EP and TFP dispel in their own way =]

By which I can only assume you mean TFP dead-ifies anything before they can hope to take advantage of any buffs they have?
  • Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    EP, TFP, Shore, Boba, B2...best team i've been able to put together yet. Tried maxed, RG, Ani, Aayla, Vader...the usual suspects. There is no replacing B2 imo and Boba has a great kit now. Leave him alone and he kills u. Kill him and he comes back, maybe more than once.

By which I can only assume you mean TFP dead-ifies anything before they can hope to take advantage of any buffs they have?

No, he has the highest speed in the game, can ability block one opponent and buff block the other four. So theoretically he can prevent the opponent from being buffed, which is a roundabout way to dispel them. Dispelception.
  • Benr3600 wrote: »
    tRRRey wrote: »

No, he has the highest speed in the game, can ability block one opponent and buff block the other four. So theoretically he can prevent the opponent from being buffed, which is a roundabout way to dispel them. Dispelception.

Yeah, but he can also totally just dead-ify them.
  • Boba, B2, and JKA all seem like they'd be strong fill-ins, situationally, along with Vader and RG alongside the core of EP, SHT, and TFP.
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    tRRRey wrote: »

Unfortunately they can't dispel Baze and Shoretrooper which is where B2 comes into play. Also B2 is the best counter to Rex's and Chirrut's cleanse
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • I am kinda hoping Sun Fac can fill the void of shore trooper/B2. I am currently running Lando(L), STH, Ani, Palp, & RG. Would like to switch to Palp (L), Sun Fac, Vader, TFP, & RG.

Assuming I speed up TFP to 230-ish speed, think that would be good enough for top 20? I can break in to top 20 now, but fall to 40-30 on defense. Would like to stay 25-20 with my squad if possible.
  • Maegor
    1217 posts Member
    I am kinda hoping Sun Fac can fill the void of shore trooper/B2. I am currently running Lando(L), STH, Ani, Palp, & RG. Would like to switch to Palp (L), Sun Fac, Vader, TFP, & RG.

Assuming I speed up TFP to 230-ish speed, think that would be good enough for top 20? I can break in to top 20 now, but fall to 40-30 on defense. Would like to stay 25-20 with my squad if possible.

Few teams do well on defense. The best advice I can give is to spend crystals on refreshes to try and get as high as you can. The higher you get, the less people that see you when it's their turn to attack. When I was peaking at top 20, I always fell back to 30-40-50 range. When I started getting top 5, I rarely, if ever, drop below 20.
  • Just got TFP to 7* and added him to my EP(L), Tarkin, Vader, and RG squad. I need to get EP, Vader, and RG to 7* but the team right now does really well. You didn't mention what you wanted the team for, but this Empire team can solo the last 3 battles in GW. Would get wrecked in the arena due to low star level though.
  • EP, TFP, Shore, Vader, Boba (he has dispel)
    Don't be a ****(4), and follow forum guidelines.
  • Supercat wrote: »
    EP, TFP, Shore, Vader, Boba (he has dispel)
    +1
  • I run EP lead, Vader, TFP, Shoretrooper, and B2. Incredible squad. I get 1st every day. Someone on my shard has Darth Maul lead, EP, Vader, Sun Fac, TFP and I have to say that squad is the only one that can give me any problems here and there but beatable.