Count Dooku plays solo in PvP when controlled by AI

Here is something that I happens with Count Dooku when he is controlled by AI in PvP but not in other context.

- Game starts
- Some character controlled by AI launches an attack
- Count Dooku is triggered by that attacks and joints in, gains some meter from the process
- From this attack, Count Dooku gets a bonus attack, again gets some meter from the process
- From those two attacks, Count Dooku has enough meter to attack again
- By now, he might attack somebody of my characters who counters, so Count Dooku counters the counter
- Count Dooku gets a bonus attack from the counter
- Those two attacks got him enough meter to attack again
- This goes on until either time is up or Count Dooku destroyed my team without ever giving me a chance to make any move

Not sure it is intended this way, as it doesn't work when you borrow Count Dooku as an ally from another player. In that case Count Dooku doesn't seem to have a 100% chance of getting bonus, counter AND meter indefinitely.

Replies

• Sounds like a bug because Dooku's counter attack shouldn't trigger some someone else's counter against him (I've personally never seen this happen so it could be something new).
  • I get this most times I encounter dooku he can have up to 6 attacks in one turn slaughtering my team in pvp. The most annoying thing I see him do regularly is counter attack a attack that wasnt even targeting him and then he gets extra turn meter so he gets another attack with an extra bonus attack and often followed by another attack with bonus attack. His turn is never ending even when it not his turn
  • Slushie
    425 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    @Nz420 wrote: »
    I get this most times I encounter dooku he can have up to 6 attacks in one turn slaughtering my team in pvp. The most annoying thing I see him do regularly is counter attack a attack that wasnt even targeting him and then he gets extra turn meter so he gets another attack with an extra bonus attack and often followed by another attack with bonus attack. His turn is never ending even when it not his turn

Are you talking about AoE? Because he counters that.

There's absolutely no way he can counter a single target attack that was not aimed at him like you seem to be claiming.

And if he is then it's a bug that you need to report immediately so it can be fixed.

In regards to the 6 attacks in a row, I've never seen that happen and I've been playing since beta.

At most I've only seen 4 attacks in a row.

This is basically what's happening:

He counters an attack (1) which generates turn meter, and gets a bonus attack (2) which also generates turn meter.
    Because he's currently the highest Speed rating character available, at this stage he's close to having 100% turn meter so it's immediately his "normal" turn and he attacks again (3).
    And then of course he gets another bonus attack (4).

But the thing is the skill that gives him the a chance to generate turn meter whenever he attacks out of turn (counters) is only meant to be a 25% chance.

However, until the recent client update (as of the 3rd Dec), this was in fact bugged and was triggering 100% of the time when fighting against an AI controlled Dooku. Now that it's been fixed it shouldn't happen as often but of course there's still a chance it can occur.

I've already noticed a reduction in the number of times I see Dooku do 4 attacks in a row since the fix (thankfully) and at this point he's much easier to manage.