Ship advice needed.

irishsheepdog
107 posts Member
edited December 2016
Because I didn't think it could be worse than some of the other stuff...

Ahsoka dodges 5 times in a row?
Capital ships get a 3 to 1 attack ratio over mine?
My ships are rated higher but do barely any damage?

Seriously...what's the point of having strength of fleet if that just a meaningless number. At my level I'm going against fleets rated about 8 to 10k below mine yet somehow can't won because of dodge dodge dodge dodge dodge dodge...or their cap ship goes every 3 turns..

How did you guys make this so unfun so quickly? ? Jesus....

Ok...now roll in the people who are sure to say - your fleet just sucks. ..maybe it does...but not being able to beat fleets rated 10k below mine??? That's ridiculous....

Now I remember why I left this game in the first place.
Post edited by BentWookiee on

Replies

• It's because we're the beta testers man
  • Capital ships going 3to1 could be because you're up against the endurance which gets crazy tm from valir buffed fleet

Ashoka dodging due to evasion up

Rating means squat just like arena power means squat
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    Because I didn't think it could be worse than some of the other stuff...

Seriously...what's the point of having strength of fleet if that just a meaningless number. At my level I'm going against fleets rated about 8 to 10k below mine yet somehow can't won because of dodge dodge dodge dodge dodge dodge...or their cap ship goes every 3 turns..

Ok...now roll in the **** who are sure to say - your fleet just sucks. ..maybe it does...but not being able to beat fleets rated 10k below mine??? That's ridiculous....

1. Ahsoka dodges 5 times in a row?
      Ship gains evasion up.
    2. Capital ships get a 3 to 1 attack ratio over mine?
      Were you battling against the endurance? It is desigened to gain 20% TM when an ally with valor takes a turn
    3. My ships are rated higher but do barely any damage?
      As usual power is a useless measurement. Crew needs mods, level, stars, gear, upgraded abilities. Ships need Level, stars and upgraded abilities. Also were you battling against endurance or executrix? Both ships give thier teams Offense boosts.
  • Because I didn't think it could be worse than some of the other stuff...

Ok...now roll in the **** who are sure to say - your fleet just sucks. ..maybe it does...but not being able to beat fleets rated 10k below mine??? That's ridiculous....

That disparity seems ridiculous, but there may be a few reasons. Were they running Mace as commander? With Republic ships? That's what I run, and there's a lot of turn meter up. With Mace's Valor on everyone, I usually get 2/1 on my opponent's capital ship. On offense, my Ahsoka doesn't seem to dodge as much, but I don't really move down on defense. I'm wondering if that's why. AI treats her kindly, perhaps? I get crushed in some battles by opponents with a lower rating mainly because they are dealing more damage. My team is fast, but not everyone hits hard.

• Power is more directly influenced by HP and Protection than damage. Jedi tend to have low physical damage but high special damage, and only use special for their cooldown attack.

Gotta learn what your ships do. Take a perk under the hood with the stats card so you can learn their strengths.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Another post mad at EA/CG when they just don't understand mechanics.
  • That's a very helpful guide. Thanks for creating it, Mageduckey.
  • crzydroid
    7254 posts Moderator
    Gear up your pilots and crew. I've noticed that my capital frequently gets first turn, and my Ackbar was already g8 when ships launched and the starter event was just what I needed for the last 80 shards to get him to 7*. Higher gear/accuracy mods might help with the dodges too...not sure.

When going up against Ahsoka, I usually hit her first with Ackbar's basic, then with Biggs' special (as he goes next for me). If this doesn't take her out, she has very little health left.