Someone Solo Phase 3 of the Tank Raid for me (description as to how I think it can be done inside)

Prev1
Amth
197 posts Member
edited December 2016
So I am convinced, unless I am missing something, that P3 can be soloed (heroic). This assumes that Barriss unique is Zeta's and Vader's leader ability works and is Zeta'd.

Your team is as follows:
  • Vader Lead (Zero Speed)
  • Palpatine (as much speed as you can get)
  • Sun Fac (pure defense mods)
  • ST Han (pure defense mods)
  • Barriss (speed)

As an FYI, I do not have these guys ready, nor do I have the zetas. But in theory, here's how it should work:
  1. Palp Shocks everyone. He will then gain 90% meter each shock.
  2. Palp has a 50% chance to remove 20% meter from everyone he damages. So he basically keeps everything at 0 meter.
  3. Sun Fac taunts with offense down on Boss Droid. Since the boss will never take a turn, he basically is stuck with offense down
  4. ST Han taunts to overlap Sun Facs and make sure a taunt is up at all times. While Han's taunt persists, Sun Fac comes off CD and taunts again. Etc.
  5. Barriss Zeta - whenever an ally is critically hit, they heal 20%. Boss counters, crits, tank heals.
  6. Barriss Heal - if the big gun shoots the tank, Barris equalizes health. There's no way that shot kills the tank with the HP pools they have, as well as positive status effects (taunt)
  7. Because Palp only gains 90% meter per shock, the his allys WILL take turns. Allowing them to refresh buffs etc, allowing Barriss to heal, however she also gets meter when the tanks are crit. So she absolutely will take turns

So if this cannot do the entire phase, I'd venture to say it could do a pretty sizable chunk of the phase. If I am wrong and missing something, by all means tell me.

Thanks for reading.
Looking for a Guild? Click here for our recruitment post

Replies

• Options
    TIE Pilot would be a better choice than ST Han, just saying.
  • Amth
    197 posts Member
    Options
    Aknf2001 wrote: »

You need the tanks to overlap taunts. Because they will take turns and eventually run out of taunt. So while one tank is on cooldown, the other has taunt up. Without 2 tanks, taunt runs out and the droid will most likely kill someone (palp)
  • Maegor
    1217 posts Member
    Options
    Interesting. Wouldn't you will have problems with STH taking hits and advancing the TM of your team too quickly while taunted and eating counters, potentially running your team out of taunts?
  • Amth
    197 posts Member
    Options
    Maegor wrote: »
    Interesting. Wouldn't you will have problems with STH taking hits and advancing the TM of your team too quickly while taunted and eating counters, potentially running your team out of taunts?

That's why you run 2 tanks. I considered running RG instead of han (he can actually do defense up), but RG doesn't have an on demand taunt. So the 2nd taunt would have to be someone who has an on demand taunt.

Now as for han, yes he may advance turn meter, but while his taunt is up, sun fac isn't taunting. when hans is about to run out, sun fac taunts, and because they get meter, they actually will be able to taunt.
  • Maegor
    1217 posts Member
    Options
    Amth wrote: »

That's why you run 2 tanks. I considered running RG instead of han (he can actually do defense up), but RG doesn't have an on demand taunt. So the 2nd taunt would have to be someone who has an on demand taunt.

Now as for han, yes he may advance turn meter, but while his taunt is up, sun fac isn't taunting. when hans is about to run out, sun fac taunts, and because they get meter, they actually will be able to taunt.

Makes sense.
  • Amth
    197 posts Member
    Options

Makes sense.

I was just thinking about all this, and maybe 100% of P3 isn't possible, but I'm pretty sure that you could do a sizable chunk of damage to the boss. At least as much as palp/chirpa teams.
  • Options

You need the tanks to overlap taunts. Because they will take turns and eventually run out of taunt. So while one tank is on cooldown, the other has taunt up. Without 2 tanks, taunt runs out and the droid will most likely kill someone (palp)

Whatever works for you, personally I would say TIE Pilot is important to Phase 3 as he can do 30k on basic with high speed, but maybe that's just me :P
  • Options
    There are a lot of assumptions here, with the biggest one being how vaders leader skill works, which is supposedly bugged to begin with. I could see how it would work but I'm not sure people will waste zetas on bariss to find out.
  • Amth
    197 posts Member
    Options

Whatever works for you, personally I would say TIE Pilot is important to Phase 3 as he can do 30k on basic with high speed, but maybe that's just me :P

This really isn't about how fast it can be killed, its more about control. TIE pilot would absolutely hit like a semi, but the 2 tanks are necessary when ones taunt is down. Additionally, palp is what really makes it all go as his shocks need to rip meter from both the boss and the mini droids. If done right with semi decent RNG, the droids never, ever take a turn.
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    You are forgetting two very important things:
    W1zL5Tz.png
    e0RZwyo.png

Because of Engage All Threats the Boss will take turns.
    Also the rear cannon will fire, probably more than once.
  • Amth
    197 posts Member
    Options
    Ben_kenobi wrote: »
    There are a lot of assumptions here, with the biggest one being how vaders leader skill works, which is supposedly bugged to begin with. I could see how it would work but I'm not sure people will waste zetas on bariss to find out.

Yeah, assuming Vader's leader ability works, in theory this would do pretty well. Someone will eventually try it, my ships aren't far enough along that I can anytime soon or I would. But I thought this was a pretty interesting idea and was going to throw it out there to the community to see if anyone is close to this comp. Shoretrooper maybe a better choice than Han since he is empire and can rip meter on his basics, which will happen.
  • Options

This really isn't about how fast it can be killed, its more about control. TIE pilot would absolutely hit like a semi, but the 2 tanks are necessary when ones taunt is down. Additionally, palp is what really makes it all go as his shocks need to rip meter from both the boss and the mini droids. If done right with semi decent RNG, the droids never, ever take a turn.

Please let me jump off a bridge. I forgot about A ST Han's TM thing. Ignore what I previously said.
  • Options
    The problem is you are assuming with a 50% TM reduction it will land 1 out of 2 times. Though, that isn't how statistics works. Each attempt has a 50% chance, so with a little bad luck, and we know how this game loves bad luck, the droids would get turns throwing everything out of wack. That is why Chirpa lead is part of the chirpentine build...get a bonus 10% TM gain for 100%. With 100% TM gain you time lock everyone, which allows RG to work as a taunt, as it will proc as soon as your sth hits half life and will stay up as he will never get another turn.

Same reason why you don't need Bariss, if she is getting a turn that means you are already in your downward spiral. I would think SRPF would be a great addition as he will self rez as long as he has a buff up, which he will as his taunt will be up. But it all breaks down the same way Chirpa, Palp (required to turn lock everything) STH, RG, Sun Fac (or some other beefy taunter of your choice to keep the boss from countering palp). But without the 100% TM gain you are just rolling the dice until you get unlucky and it all unravels.

• Amth
    197 posts Member
    Options
    scuba wrote: »
    W1zL5Tz.png
    e0RZwyo.png

A couple things.

The boss doesn't counter every time. And the bet is that palp will rip his meter more often than he counters. Thus negating any TM gain.

As for the rear cannon firing, it should target the tank (which has taunt, and that's a positive status effect). And because the others will take turns, Barrris can equalize health with her actual heal. The rear cannon will not kill the tank in one shot.
  • StarSon
    7437 posts Member
    Options
    Thesbus wrote: »
    The problem is you are assuming with a 50% TM reduction it will land 1 out of 2 times. Though, that isn't how statistics works. Each attempt has a 50% chance, so with a little bad luck, and we know how this game loves bad luck, the droids would get turns throwing everything out of wack. That is why Chirpa lead is part of the chirpentine build...get a bonus 10% TM gain for 100%. With 100% TM gain you time lock everyone, which allows RG to work as a taunt, as it will proc as soon as your sth hits half life and will stay up as he will never get another turn.

Same reason why you don't need Bariss, if she is getting a turn that means you are already in your downward spiral. I would think SRPF would be a great addition as he will self rez as long as he has a buff up, which he will as his taunt will be up. But it all breaks down the same way Chirpa, Palp (required to turn lock everything) STH, RG, Sun Fac (or some other beefy taunter of your choice to keep the boss from countering palp). But without the 100% TM gain you are just rolling the dice until you get unlucky and it all unravels.

Not necessarily true, since she gains TM any time an ally get critically hit. Just like STH's TM grant eventually means someone else will have to go in a Chirpatine setup, so does her unique mean she will eventually get a turn or three regardless of how well it's going.
  • Amth
    197 posts Member
    Options
    Thesbus wrote: »

SRPF's taunt is an aoe. It will kill all the droids and he cannot be used. You are rolling the die, but in this case, IF everything works (and yes, it's a huge IF), I would think the potential is pretty high. I'm not saying every single attempt you're going to solo the phase, but I think out of every combo I've thought about, this has the potential to provide deep attempts.

• Options
    b2 counters so he will get tm and will get to enrage eventually
  • Amth
    197 posts Member
    Options
    Maraxus wrote: »
    b2 counters so he will get tm and will get to enrage eventually

B2 does counter, but not everytime. I'd guess he counters maybe 30% of the time? What would mess everything up is a long string of counters. But with Palp + Vader lead, palp in theory would rip enough meter that it would outweigh the TM gain from counters.
  • Options
    I don't think counter attacks on a boss count towards the enrage timer. Only actual turns from a full TM does.
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    W1zL5Tz.png
    e0RZwyo.png

A couple things.

The boss doesn't counter every time. And the bet is that palp will rip his meter more often than he counters. Thus negating any TM gain.

As for the rear cannon firing, it should target the tank (which has taunt, and that's a positive status effect). And because the others will take turns, Barrris can equalize health with her actual heal. The rear cannon will not kill the tank in one shot.

I understand the idea behind it but that is relying on a lot of RNG in your favor, how many times would you have to run it to get that perfect RNG.
    You can't discount the tm gain from counter

If you want to see how well that 50% chance works. Run Teebo lead with EP and 3 tanks.

You will find yourself not getting the 25% TM from teebo lead and or the stealth plenty.
  • Amth
    197 posts Member
    Options
    W1zL5Tz.png
    e0RZwyo.png

A couple things.

I understand the idea behind it but that is relying on a lot of RNG in your favor, how many times would you have to run it to get that perfect RNG.

If you want to see how well that 50% chance works. Run Teebo lead with EP and 3 tanks.

You will find yourself not getting the 25% TM from teebo lead and or the stealth plenty.

100% agreed. You won't get rips everytime. I will be the first to agree that what I have laid out has a LOT of RNG, but I do feel that if you got things to fall correctly, you have the potential for a massive run. Then again, if the boss never counters vs. palp with chipra lead, the same can be said.

I thought this was at least an interesting idea. You purposely short yourself 100% meter to allow tanks to swap taunts and barriss to equalize health after the big gun fires. And yeah, you gamble that the TM rip works. I kind of envision it as a "TM rip string" where the boss doesn't counter and you rip meter like 2-3 times in a row. But I do feel that, the potential for this setup could be massive.

Who knows. maybe one day I will have the guys ready and can try this.
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    W1zL5Tz.png
    e0RZwyo.png

A couple things.

100% agreed. You won't get rips everytime. I will be the first to agree that what I have laid out has a LOT of RNG, but I do feel that if you got things to fall correctly, you have the potential for a massive run. Then again, if the boss never counters vs. palp with chipra lead, the same can be said.

I thought this was at least an interesting idea. You purposely short yourself 100% meter to allow tanks to swap taunts and barriss to equalize health after the big gun fires. And yeah, you gamble that the TM rip works. I kind of envision it as a "TM rip string" where the boss doesn't counter and you rip meter like 2-3 times in a row. But I do feel that, the potential for this setup could be massive.

It definitively has potential for an awesome, however I think the time investment in starting a run and retreating will be massive. Espically when there are 2 comps out there now that you can use to get 2m+ out of p3 that don't require so much RNG.
  • Amth
    197 posts Member
    Options
    W1zL5Tz.png
    e0RZwyo.png

A couple things.

It definitively has potential for an awesome, however I think the time investment in starting a run and retreating will be massive. Espically when there are 2 comps out there now that you can use to get 2m+ out of p3 that don't require so much RNG.

Yeah that is certainly a good point. This is more of the "I can solo X" variety. Comparing to a game like WoW, it would be like someone soloing Onyxia well before she was easily soloable etc. Someone will spend hours and hours going for perfect RNG on something just to say they did it.
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    W1zL5Tz.png
    e0RZwyo.png

A couple things.

Yeah that is certainly a good point. This is more of the "I can solo X" variety. Comparing to a game like WoW, it would be like someone soloing Onyxia well before she was easily soloable etc. Someone will spend hours and hours going for perfect RNG on something just to say they did it.
    That is true
  • Options
    I like the idea - much to consider.
    Because Barris will be going reasonably often with her tm gains and the adds tm will slowly creep up it might actually be Barris used to kill the adds when they get the special ability triangle and that makes me chuckle.
    Well worth a look
    | ANZGC | Exile |
  • Options
    Another RNG factor is resists on the TM reduction. I think there's too much going against it for a solo, although it should be able to get a high score. Boss gets 5% on each hit too, so that's 30% TM total when he counters.

Next question is if Vader's TM reduction works on enemies that are hit, but not damaged, as the droids are when they get down to 1 health. If there needs to be a damage number pop up for the TM reduction to happen then this goes out the window completely.
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    Meerava wrote: »
    Another RNG factor is resists on the TM reduction. I think there's too much going against it for a solo, although it should be able to get a high score. Boss gets 5% on each hit too, so that's 30% TM total when he counters.

Next question is if Vader's TM reduction works on enemies that are hit, but not damaged, as the droids are when they get down to 1 health. If there needs to be a damage number pop up for the TM reduction to happen then this goes out the window completely.

Vader's Lead TMR cannot be resisted.

I am curious if it will keep dropping the TM of the adds if they are not actually losing health.
  • Options
    Meerava wrote: »

Vader's Lead TMR cannot be resisted.

I am curious if it will keep dropping the TM of the adds if they are not actually losing health.

Oh cool, I didn't pay attention to that part when I read it. Now we just need to find out about the droid question.

Could probably figure it out myself actually. Don't need to have Zeta upgrade to test it out. But we're not in phase 3 anymore.
  • Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    Options
    Can't solo because of enraged and when boss goes he can inflict healing immunity debuff

If STHan is taunting during this, most likely he'I'll be kill before he can make enough rounds to dispel and heal
  • Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    Can't solo because of enraged and when boss goes he can inflict healing immunity debuff

If STHan is taunting during this, most likely he'I'll be kill before he can make enough rounds to dispel and heal

That's what the TMR is for. Probably not perfect, but on paper sounds like it would be a great team with some help from rngesus.
This discussion has been closed.