Game Update 12/6/2016 Comments and Questions - ***MEGATHREAD***

Prev13456713
I'm delighted to share the latest Game updates for 12/6/2016 :smiley:

Jyn Erso
  • Rogue One's JYN ERSO has arrived, and will be available as a reward in the new HERO OF THE REBELLION Squad Tournament! This tournament will take place on December 17th. You will need to be at least level 30 to have a chance to compete and win this iconic character.

Bounty Hunter bundle
  • Become the most infamous Bounty Hunter in the Galaxy with the Bounty Hunter Bundle! This bundle will be available starting December 8th and will feature an updated Boba Fett and his ship.(for level 64 and above)

Shipment Updates
  • MK 5 Arakyd Droid Caller & MK7 Nubian Security Scanner have rotated into PvE Shipments

Tournament Refresh
We’ve updated the tournament update refresh cost ramp. So moving forward, players should see the following:
  • 2500 from there on
BUGS
  • Fixed an issue that sometimes caused Jawa Engineer's face to become invisible during squad selection
  • Fixed an issue where bonus moves would attempt to call Dazed and Stunned units to Assist.
  • General Kenobi's "Soresu" will no longer trigger while he is defeated
  • Boba Fett's "Execute" will no longer count some buffs/debuffs twice when calculating bonus damage
  • Fixed a description typo in Sun Fac’s Geonosian Starfighter
  • Fixed a bug with Old Daka's passive that could allow Scarif Rebel Pathfinder to gain the Offense Up and Defense Up effects when he was revived from his own passive rather than Daka's
  • Fixed a bug that could allow units to still be revived by Daka's passive after her death if they died either before her or at the same time as her
  • Fixed a bug that could allow the Resistance bonus on Old Daka's Leader ability to be dispelled at specific ranks.
  • Fixed an issue with the Turkish translation of Old Daka’s abilities
  • Fixed an issue with the Turkish translation for Scoundrels
  • Fixed a bug that could cause the Ability Power reduction component of the Offense Down effect applied by Coruscant Underworld Police to fail even if the debuff was applied
  • Hoth Rebel Soldier's ability Rebel Momentum has now been clarified to say that "Hoth Rebel Soldier recovers 20% of his Max Health at the start of each of his turns", instead of "at the start of each

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/80380/game-update-12-6-2016#latest

Replies

• Options
    I preface this by saying that I genuinely enjoy the tournaments after the changes that were made.

But, that said--Oh my God, can we have a freaking break? The first one was 2/3 October, it's now 22 November. In 8 weeks we'll have had 4 tournaments.

That's a lot. By comparison, we've had two each of Endor and Empire might challenges, two Yodas, three Omega Challenges, and one Palpatine.

So can we please have a little break? Absence makes the heart grow fonder, man.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • crzydroid
    7300 posts Moderator
    edited November 2016
    Options
    My personal decision is that I'm going to pick and choose which tournaments to do, as it seems there might be a lot of them. For example, I will probably sacrifice a shot at Vader's Custom TIE in order to save my ally points to try and star up my Chirrut. I think if there's a particular week/weekend where I don't feel like tournamenting, I'll just take a break.

But otherwise, I too, have been enjoying them.

ETA: With ships and stuff out, I think I am going to go back to my original plan of casually gaming on this thing, as there seems to be too much content to do everything full-on. I will probably not try and be very competitive with ships for a while until my ground toons are stronger.
  • Options
    crzydroid wrote: »

Yeah, I hear you. But it's like, if I like tournaments and I'm getting burnt out, man.... Can't imagine what the haters are thinking.
  • Options
    NicWester wrote: »

Yeah, I hear you. But it's like, if I like tournaments and I'm getting burnt out, man.... Can't imagine what the haters are thinking.

As someone who doesn't exactly enjoy them nor dislike them, its honestly just too much. Like there are other aspects of the game, can we focus elsewhere for a bit... Especially with Ships coming in now I don't want to have to focus on the upcoming tournament for the ship while also focusing on how I should go about making changes to my current ships.
  • crzydroid
    7300 posts Moderator
    Options

Ha, true. I'm also wondering what it will be like once I hit level 80 and get on a 80-85 shard with whales...at that point I might just not try anymore at all.
  • MBL_66
    2465 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Well eventually everyone will burn all their ally points and there won't be as much grinding
  • Options
    I preface this by saying that I genuinely enjoy the tournaments after the changes that were made.

But, that said--Oh my God, can we have a freaking break? The first one was 2/3 October, it's now 22 November. In 8 weeks we'll have had 4 tournaments.

That's a lot. By comparison, we've had two each of Endor and Empire might challenges, two Yodas, three Omega Challenges, and one Palpatine.

Feel free to take a break so other players can rank higher in your absence. :)
  • Options
    Danbloo wrote: »

Feel free to take a break so other players can rank higher in your absence. :)

Ha! I was 1062 last time, so I don't think I'm blocking anyone =P Nah, I'll still do them because it isn't much tine investment on my part. But, man is my enthusiasm waning...
  • Options
    I like tourney!
  • Options
    I agree! Had 2 out of 4 wks with no credit heist that I was hanging out for but we just finished a tournament last weekend now there's another 1 this weekend. I too would like a bit bigger break. 3 or 4 wks. But please feel free to keep the omega events going each wk, not just during November.
  • Options
    Why can't they just give us a proper way of getting Vaders ship... it would be a pvp tournament
    I cannot be **** to play 3 tournaments in a row
  • Options
    Would be nice if it was a ship tournament.
  • MushiShi1241
    3 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Guild Name: Bounty Hunters United EST

Time Zone: USA Eastern

Bounty Hunters United, a fun, laid back, and competitive guild, are looking for serious AAT raiders. We can finish Normal in 4.5 days and is taking less time each week. We are also looking for a guild merge with a smaller guild (15-20 people)

Rules: Daily 600 and Guild Activity. The Line application is a requirement. We start raids at 8:30pm USA EST. Our minimum requirements for a roster are G10, 15 7*, Level 85. Be able to listen to learn ;P

Third Party Apps: LINE app

The Pit Raids:
    T7 Rancor: 0 damage for 24 hrs then zerg
    Normal AAT: free for all (4.5 days)

Contact MushiShi
    Line ID: ormeat
    Ally Code 811-134-651

http://bountyhuntersutdest.wixsite.com/bountyhunters
    Post edited by MushiShi1241 on
  • Options
    I've finally decided to save my gw tokens to take part in the next tournament and was just wondering how long it's been between each one
  • Options
    Not long enough...
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    The past few have been every 2 weeks but I actually hope they wait a bit longer between tournaments.
  • Options
    Way too often
  • Options
    Nice to see you're listening to the masses (heavy sarcasm). Let me be the first to congratulate the whales on their new toy and to give raspberry to greater player base that will see more than 25 shards of this locked character in their inventory. Long may you dominate the arena, oh masters of the universe.
  • djvita
    1684 posts Member
    Options
    ironically i will be watching rogue one on the 17th
  • Options
    What the title says. What the bloody hell? Rebels already have a ton of overpowered heroes, but they keep getting more, and more and more. Why not introduce a good Empire character for a change?
  • Options
    Yeah, I could have proofread that first, but eh...
  • Options
    you apparently didn't see the movie where they got all blown up?
  • djvita
    1684 posts Member
    Options
    i see what you mean now, 80 to unlock. i sue my gw tokens on ships now. one week to fill up
  • Options
    I see that we get Jyn at 4 stars, as it was in last tournament with Vader ship. So only top 25 will get her unlocked?
  • Options
    Oh look, another tournament. How fun.
  • Options
    Devs, please be considerate of people who have normal lives that can't spend too much time grinding to get to the top place. Give us old style tournaments like you did Yoda and that's more forgivable.
  • Options
    Events = Yay!
    Tournaments = Boo!
  • Options
    and all the whales just open champagne
  • Options
    Can we get a character released in some other way than another weekend-wasting tournament? Sick and tired of this played out format.
  • Options
    [quote="Griselbrand;787611" **** please be considerate of people who have normal lives that can't spend too much time grinding to get to the top place. Give us old style tournaments like you did Yoda and that's more forgivable. [/quote]

Careful saying that word. Mods like to remind you forums are a despotism not a democracy.
This discussion has been closed.