Change tournament reward scaling

medetec
1571 posts Member
Currently only the top 25 players in a bracket or 5000+ are getting the basic character unlock. The other ~99.5% of the player base cant even unlock the character to play around with a new toy at the basic level. Can we try a more lenient reward scale? Something for the general player base? Keep it top heavy but let people play for an actual prize outside of the top 0.5%.

#1: 330 shards (7*), #2-5: 230 (6*), #6-25: 175, #26-100: 145 (5*), #101-200: 110, #201-1000: 95, #1001-2500 (top 50%): 80 (4*)

Then make tournament characters accessible to acquire somewhere immediately after the tournament ends.

Replies

• +1
  • lol no gso. Also, we've increased the amount of ally points required for refreshes.

We have altered the deal. Pray we don't alter it further.
  • medetec wrote: »
    Currently only the top 25 players in a bracket or 5000+ are getting the basic character unlock. The other ~99.5% of the player base cant even unlock the character to play around with a new toy at the basic level. Can we try a more lenient reward scale? Something for the general player base? Keep it top heavy but let people play for an actual prize outside of the top 0.5%.

#1: 330 shards (7*), #2-5: 230 (6*), #6-25: 175, #26-100: 145 (5*), #101-200: 110, #201-1000: 95, #1001-2500 (top 50%): 80 (4*)

Then make tournament characters accessible to acquire somewhere immediately after the tournament ends.

So much this. It's ridiculous to just keep handing new Toons to the top 1%
  • The case with Darth Vader ship tournament was especially awful. The rewards should trickle down more to lower tiers.
    Also I suggest from now on that they run 2 tournaments at the same time so players choose one based on what character/ship they want to get. So we could have tie advanced tournament at the same time as a shoretrooper tournament. Or a shoretrooper and a chirrut tournament. This would help split top players from newer players and make it easier to focus on one tournament character at a time.
  • I agree with this. I never can get very high in the ranking so I deceded to save up all my Ally points for just one of the tournaments, skipping one or two of them. On this last tournament I spent all my Ally points which was about 155,000 and finally thought I was going to get a new character my ranking was good and all I had to do was wait. Right at the last minute I got bumped to 26st place and now I don't get a new character and I lost all my Ally points.
  • Nack_Alfaghn
    593 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    On this last tournament I spent all my Ally points which was about 155,000. Right at the last minute I got bumped to 26st place.

This is one of the reasons I hate tournaments - I have spent well over 155,000 ap each tournament and only finished in the top 1000 once. That was the last tournament when I finished 501st and that was only because everyone was saving their ap for vader.
  • I think PVE would be better than the current PVP tournament, however I also get that the current system makes it easier for them as they don't have to create teams.

What they could do to fix the system however is rather than points each battle gives event currency. This can be used to buy shards for the new character/ship, a selection of the older characters (eg chirrut, ST, Jyn) or gear. This way although you fight against others and score in a leaderboard you are earning based on what you do, not what others do. It also gives you the option to ignore the new character if you dont want it and go for one that you couldnt get previously. It wouldn't be a hard system to implement as would just be tweaking the current system and adding an event shop similar to shard shop that they already have.

Basically if you get 10,000 score you should be rewarded for it as though you got that score. Not punished because you are on a shard that a bunch of people decided to go to 15,000.