Galactic war is Highway robbery!

Prev1
I just hit lv 56 tonight and the update to the GW is crippling. I've cleared it every day for the last 5 days (with hours of retreats) and have been satisfied because it keeps my credit flow reasonable enough to play the game. But I logged on tonight and at battle 7 the entire enemy team was 57. I said ok you got this but you have to expend alot of cool downs to make it though the whole war. Battle 8 the enemy team was lv 58-59. I told myself this will be the last hard one for a few battles so give it everything you got. What happens next? Battle 9 is an enemy team of lv 59s and 60s. I would have to have 4 full teams of maxed out 56 heros at 6 stars to beat that 3 team gauntlet. And I still have 3 more fights to go? And the icing on the cake is the credit rewards dropped at least 40%. It should be noted that I have spent about 100 dollars on the game I have sidious maul dooku phasma and a slew of other heros decently equipped promoted and lved. But GW is my primarily source of credits I'd have to get the 500k credit pack every 3 days to maintain my growth pace. If this isn't fixed I'm going back to brave frontier.

Replies

• Options
    Credits is a HUGE problem for me too. I haven't bought the Credit Bundle packs but I know my friends buy it all the time. I'm level 62.

Are you looking for advice on how to progress in GW or Are you venting that Credits go down 40%?

I see your anger at GW, but I guess if you're doing it for credits, it can be frustrating

What is your question?
  • Options
    Suffering from credit shortage here too, got 2 credit packs till now. And, no, I didn't get double or anything.

@Defileable, are you saying credit rewards have been lowered in GW?
  • Options
    The issue is that the last 5 days I cleared the GW. But today they made it impossible for me to get past battle 9. And the rewards have been slaughtered. Deeming the whole thing a waste of time. Because if I don't get the credits I've been earning for clearing it daily I will fall out of the top 10 battle arena and completely lose intrest in the game.

• Options
    Mabey it's my frustration. Or Mabey I only payed close enough attention to the late battle rewards. But I'm almost positive that the rewards have been reduced based off the number of icons in the rewards screen following every battle. Now that could be because I'm not hitting 3 stars in those battles but no one playing this game could land 3 stars on the 3 team gauntlet that inspired this thread. Unless you spend 500 bucks.
  • Options
    I say me frustrated too. but I win Galatic War because I gain more heroes and I gear them more.
    I don't 7 star and I don't care 6 stars. I gain more and gear them. I don't win Arena because I win #200 to #500. I reward 400-600 Arena Points. Is good for me.

I win all GW because I have good bench players (is correct?). I put 4 different squads and have mix when I match.

I need credits too, but I don't buy. I slowly gain heroes and only get to 4 or 5 stars. But I spend a lot of time Gearing. I see gear as much strength than star.

I my mathematica group, we list the stat rise of 4 to 5 stars. Good! 5 to 6 stars, OK! 6 to 7 stars, not worth 1 million (or T in Italy).
  • CptCaveman
    713 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I don't think the rewards have been reduced. Finished tonight and got the same drops as usual. The number of stars also has no effect on the amount of rewards you receive.

The number of drops you get on each node can vary. Sometimes I get a level 3 ability mat on shard 10, sometimes I don't. It is all due to rng.

If you didn't finish GW, you will naturally get less rewards. The best drops come on the last few nodes. Battles 10, 11, and 12 make up about 1/3 of the credits you get for completion.

Lots of good advice here on the forum on how to complete GW. I use suicide squads on the harder nodes to get the enemies to burn off specials, then send in my a team for cleanup.

Credits are a limiting factor and you have to be careful not to spread yourself too thin by leveling too many characters.
    It's a hard life pickin stones and pullin teats, but sure as gods got sandals, it beats fighting dudes with treasure trails....
  • Options
    If you won it 5 days in a row that is why it got harder. How far you go in it determines how hard the next one will be. It's not meant to be one every day unfortunately unless you have thrown a lot of money into this. I've done my GW for over a month straight. What I normally hear is about an 80% odds of clearing if you have a good B team on hand to sub in as needed
  • Options
    You didn't pay close enough attention to the lvs that they put vs me. I'm 56 the 1st group was 57 then 58-59 and the 3rd 60-61 if I have a full group of 5 star 56 heros vs a full team of 6 star lv 58 half purple, I would have to use every cool down I have on my best heros to win and have them survive another 4 battles. Let alone the next fight is a full team of 60s right after that.
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Options
    Vash wrote: »
    If you won it 5 days in a row that is why it got harder. How far you go in it determines how hard the next one will be. It's not meant to be one every day unfortunately unless you have thrown a lot of money into this. I've done my GW for over a month straight. What I normally hear is about an 80% odds of clearing if you have a good B team on hand to sub in as needed

This is not true and is pure confirmation bias. We don't know anything about the GW matchmaking system. The Devs have never detailed how it works.
  • xJazzx
    808 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Defileable wrote: »
    The issue is that the last 5 days I cleared the GW. But today they made it impossible for me to get past battle 9. And the rewards have been slaughtered. Deeming the whole thing a waste of time. Because if I don't get the credits I've been earning for clearing it daily I will fall out of the top 10 battle arena and completely lose intrest in the game.

It's not meant to be cleared daily. It's supposed to be tough and mostly cleared by those who have a strong roster of more than two teams of fully geared leveled characters. Your level was low and that's why you got squishy teams previously. Now that you are approaching 60s and 70s, you are getting fully geared teams. The last stages will comprise of teams that are stronger than yours and usually 1-2 stars ahead. That means you will expect to fight 7 star teams if your characters are mostly 6 stars.
    Post edited by xJazzx on
  • Options
    I'm gonna jinx it, but GW was really easy today.
  • Options

haha, or you are getting much stronger and more strategic. I think so! :)

• Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    Options
    Yeah... No. GW rewards are exactly the same as usual. And entitled people go on the forums whining about them not insta-winning the toughest battle mode in the game. Again.

It's not supposed to be fair. Ever fought a boss battle? Bosses are totally unfair. That's the point. Makes you feel all the better once you beat them.

My God... This is utterly ridiculous. Go play Duck Hunt if this game is too much of a challenge for you. Then you can go flame the Nintendo forums because the dog is laughing at you and you can't shoot it. Please go do this.
  • kin
    24 posts Member
    Options

Same thing for me. Im not sure if arena rankings have an effect on GW opponents though. I restarted and played gw when i was around 200ish in the arena. Im lvl 55 having a team of 6*sid 6*lumi 5*phasma(lead) 4*jc 1*fotp/4*poe. I interchange poe and fotp at times. The weird thing is the highest level i faced were 53s. And my first 4 or 5 battles were lvl 39s to 49s. It was weird. The other day, i had an opponent lvl 56 but has a team of all lvl1 heroes. 1 sid special attack and theyre done.
  • Options
    If your struggling in GW, just put the **** effort in. Try out different combos, use some sacrificial lambs to take away their specials, play around with the RNG by switching team order if you get an unfavourable start. I am 57, and ive cleared the thing every time bar the first. Today 7,8,12 were all my level ish while 9,10,11 were well into the 60s. But they are controlled by dumb dumb AI. Use that to your advantage and keep your heroes healed well, if you lose a unit always try redo it.
  • Options
    I haven't lost GW in a long time, even though the changes have made it more difficult. My primary team will almost always get me to battle 10 wihtout any deaths. Then I generally just use pawns to sacrifice to get rid of their good abilities and defeat 10 & 11 with my weaker teams with no regard to who on my team dies. By battle 12 I coax out their abilities with pawns maybe sacrifice a weaker team or 2 and finish them with my primary team. Almost works this way everyday, sometimes I don't even have to bring back my primary team in battle 12.

My Primary team is

7* Captain Phasma (Leader)
    6* Chewbacca
    6* Luminara
    5* Darth Sidious
    4* Jedi Consular

All are Tier 7 geared with abilites of 4 or better, Jedi Consular is Tier 8 geared. I am level 64 just today.
  • Ztyle
    1970 posts Member
    Options
    Here is the 8 I use
    6awfUcQ.jpg
    Barriss as leader, the rest of top line, for the first 4 positions
    The bottom line is my 5th position on my team, usually I use fives, I now got 36 completions
    I'm Danish , Leader of the Space Slug Alliance , living the SlugLife , My collection
  • Options
    Barris is key to winning gw unfortunately for me she is pretty much the only toon I do not have :( even with 13 lvl 60 gear level 7-8 i still fail to complete it, but I don't do the retreat option
  • Ztyle
    1970 posts Member
    Options
    Lumi is a good replacement for barriss as leader, lately I've been thinking of doing that becourse barriss with 4 :star: is starting to feel squizy at this point, she is the one I usually tries to keep alive
    I'm Danish , Leader of the Space Slug Alliance , living the SlugLife , My collection
  • Options
    Dario wrote: »
    Barris is key to winning gw unfortunately for me she is pretty much the only toon I do not have :( even with 13 lvl 60 gear level 7-8 i still fail to complete it, but I don't do the retreat option

Barriss is A Key. Not the ONLY key.

You seem to not know how to play.

Use a Dispel hero to get rid of Chewybakka. Use heals when they count. Use JC, Lumi with good strategy. Use cool down. Use Retreat (this takes longer, but good win= good prize). You seem to be impatient or just don't want to win.

Barriss is a key. Not an excuse.

Many Many Many good heroes to win Galatic War. If you don't do a retreat or any option given to you by heavens, it's like not wanting to your cell phone for GPS even if it is an option to you. Do not waste.
  • Options
    Remember your suicide teams? Get some low levels in there to absorb AOE. I clear every day. Today I thought I was screwed when I got 5 7* 66s. Did my suicide squad who took out a Asaji. Ran 2 healers and my toons sweep it the rest of the way no one died, left full healed, and my heals on CD. If you Dooku make sure is block is on CD. I have cleared it 32 of the last 33 days. If your team is getting wiped or a healer dies, reset, and replace leaders or characters.
    Subscribe to my Youtube channel: www.youtube.com/channel/UClZS5GiOkbKp-meIU6vFxow?sub_confirmation=1

https://swgoh.gg/u/tenchi7/
  • Options
    I love to run Dooku/Sid with Phasma leader. I never use Sid's CD, I do use Dookus CD in case I don't kill their Sid first turn. You can sometimes get 5 attacks on a target before the Comps. first turn.
    Subscribe to my Youtube channel: www.youtube.com/channel/UClZS5GiOkbKp-meIU6vFxow?sub_confirmation=1

https://swgoh.gg/u/tenchi7/
  • Options
    Tenchi1969 wrote: »
    I love to run Dooku/Sid with Phasma leader. I never use Sid's CD, I do use Dookus CD in case I don't kill their Sid first turn. You can sometimes get 5 attacks on a target before the Comps. first turn.

Tell it brother!

Dooku is great.

But gear him up and level him to 70. Get him to 6 or 7 stars by doing Cantina 6 all the time.

Godhood is just within your reach.

Race, Race, Race!!
  • Options
    I just hit lv 56 tonight and the update to the GW is crippling. I've cleared it every day for the last 5 days (with hours of retreats) and have been satisfied because it keeps my credit flow reasonable enough to play the game. But I logged on tonight and at battle 7 the entire enemy team was 57. I said ok you got this but you have to expend alot of cool downs to make it though the whole war. Battle 8 the enemy team was lv 58-59. I told myself this will be the last hard one for a few battles so give it everything you got. What happens next? Battle 9 is an enemy team of lv 59s and 60s. I would have to have 4 full teams of maxed out 56 heros at 6 stars to beat that 3 team gauntlet. And I still have 3 more fights to go? And the icing on the cake is the credit rewards dropped at least 40%. It should be noted that I have spent about 100 dollars on the game I have sidious maul dooku phasma and a slew of other heros decently equipped promoted and lved. But GW is my primarily source of credits I'd have to get the 500k credit pack every 3 days to maintain my growth pace. If this isn't fixed I'm going back to brave frontier.

i've spent 3-4$ for this game (dooku pack), my rank in arena is usually 25-60 and i finish GW every day without any problem. Sometimes i don't even need to change any of my heroes to finish it.

2-3 days ago i had to sacrifice my phasma, after many many tries with different combinations of heroes to win against a team (all purple and lvl 63 5*/7* stars) with: sid, fotp, leia, rey, luminara. It was on the 9th node.
    fotp critting 7-9k x2, rey critting 6k, leia critting 4k x3, sid preventing my heals and luminara healing them. A nightmare. i spent around 15-20 minutes to pass that single node.
    some days ago i found a level 60 team at second node, when the previous one was lvl 50-51 and the next one was 53-54.

probably you don't know who to target first, or maybe you can't manage properly your heals and skills or maybe you just use wrong heroes.

• Wonderwyrm
    86 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    The bottom line is we don't know what GW uses to make its matches. Though I do sympathize with you, I'm lvl 58 and can not consistently clear GW every day. It depends a lot on what I draw and who the trams are.

The other day I drew a team of lvl 66 and was like **** is this? I could not touch them period, tried a suicide squad and all I got were dodges, tried my a team, all dodges. So I never fj is he'd thatctabke, but the next day I came and on the final node I had to pull out the suicide squad to absorb skills and possibly take out one of there guys.

GW is a crap shoot really until they do better with the match making.
  • Options
    I have noticed since the change that the toughest teams will be at battle 8 or 9, sometimes 10 for me. It seems after that, it's not big a deal. Sounds like you got really screwed with those opponents. I'm thinking people who aren't already in the 60s will be getting screwed at times by having to face teams a few levels above them as I have seen a number of people indicate that now. Does sound like shoddy programming for that to happen. I kind of wish I could drop my level to where you are and see if it happens to me.

Today I faced a team in battle 7 that was far lower level than me (around the mid 50s while I am 63/64) but it had Poe and Leia and I found it quite frustrating because it seemed every possible top result the AI could get it did. I sacrificed a bunch of super low level characters there just to get rid of the proc rate special garbage and then cleaned up with my good crew.

A bit later I faced another team that was difficult that also got the wonderful benefit of great proc results. Got by them though using some mid level characters first and completed the GW to keep the streak alive since the change. Today was not an enjoyable GW. I don't mind a challenge but today felt more like AI cheese.

Interesting about the credits being reduced.
  • Defileable
    21 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Day 2 of getting **** by GW battle 8 is a full group of 60s 1 61 and I'm lv 56. The fight b4 that was full group of 59s. No matter what combination I use il get at least 4 heros killed and any suicide team is wrecked b4 they get a turn off. Like I said before I'd need 4 full groups of 56 capped out heros to have a prayer at finishing. They said it was ment to be challenging not impossible.
  • Song
    863 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    It should be noted that I have spent about 100 dollars on the game I have sidious maul dooku phasma and a slew of other heros decently equipped promoted and lved.

Here is your problem... you said your heroes decently equipped and promoted. Anyway where is the healer? Are you going to expect to completed GW without healer? Go unlocked Lumi and use your JC. Also use Cheww as your tank, he is so useful for GW.

One more thing, don't let those Level scare you. Even they are lv60 if they not 6-7Stars and purple gears they are not a threat to you.

• Defileable
    21 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    The data pack gods blessed me with Mountains of damage. I've certainly been ignoring lving up my jc and don't have lumi. But focusing my damage keeps me top 5 in the battle arena when I'm 6 lvs or lower then everyone eles in the top 5. (They all average 3k-6k higher power rating then me)
  • Options
    Took a snap shot of my heros but I don't know how to post it here.