Galactic war is Highway robbery!

2Next

Replies

• Today was the first time, in a very long time, that I could not finish GW. Encountered 5 consecutive teams full of 7 star heroes and managed to just scrapped past the second last battle with all secondary toons sacrificed along the way and had only 2 main toons for the last battle. It really had gotten more difficult in the later battles recently but not consistently at least. The difficulty seems to vary from day to day.
  • "Give me what I want or I'm gonna quit the game!"
    "Now please"
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • xReDeMpx
    1690 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    On day 6/10 for wins with no daka, barris and only 4* sid
  • F2P have 6million credits, training droids is what I lack. Have 8 toons at 64 and 8 More 50+
  • Enklave
    78 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Tell me about how hard this **** is. I got this Today. FOTP at 7* is not even a glass canon, he is an iron canon....how many thousands must one spent to have that team? People are crazy...
    O0wx0Nv.png
    VII4nlp.png
    Post edited by Hozilla on
  • i've only lost it once since update

my main GW squad is not the same as my PvP squad, you need healers for GW and some sacrifical lambs once a while (I just drop a few lvl1-2 chars to get rid of special abilities)
  • Song
    863 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Defileable wrote: »
    The data pack gods blessed me with Mountains of damage. I've certainly been ignoring lving up my jc and don't have lumi. But focusing my damage keeps me top 5 in the battle arena when I'm 6 lvs or lower then everyone eles in the top 5. (They all average 3k-6k higher power rating then me)

best heroes for GW is Dooku, Daka, JC, Lumi, Sid.. even Cheww is helpful. im F2P (spent $10) and i dominated in GW.

@Enklave you will be fine since POE is not in the team. Maybe use suicide squad
  • @Song I manage to win after third try with no loss, when my almost all attacks were assisted by Phasma leader ability (it was really crazy).

Last two battles were easy though. Since the new redesign of GW I winning almost every day, so it's better than old one for me
  • Defileable wrote: »
    The data pack gods blessed me with Mountains of damage. I've certainly been ignoring lving up my jc and don't have lumi. But focusing my damage keeps me top 5 in the battle arena when I'm 6 lvs or lower then everyone eles in the top 5. (They all average 3k-6k higher power rating then me)
    I can't imagine clearing GW without JC and Lumi. I got a lucky Barriss from a bronzium pack so I use her, too. The trick is to use either Lumi or Barriss as your leader and then stall when they have one or two tanky characters left and use the leader skill to passively refill health and reset your cooldowns. That way your team is relatively fresh for the next match. It's much more defensive than arena since you have to try to lose as few characters as possible. Healing, passive or active, is super important.

• OrionPeace
    166 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    There are tricks and tips and strategies, and then there are unwinnable situations given your roster.

No one in this thread has asked for freebies or super easy battles. So all the people bashing others for sharing their experiences, shame on you. You're not helping and your experience and place in the game is probably very different from others. Empathy is a skill. Practice it.

In any case, I hit 56 yesterday and unlocked Daka and went about gearing and leveling her.

My roster isn't super impressive. I have a decent A team consisting of Lumi, JC, Chewie, Sid and Daka. I'm mostly free to play. I didn't buy the FA Bundle or the Heroine Pack. Just been building my roster with the shards I can access in LS/DS Battles, GW and Arena.

Yesterday, my starting node was 36 and ramped up to 58. Which was probably a little on the light side for my roster.

Today, my starting node was 56 and ramped up to 66 by node 10. That's as far as I could get with my roster.

Now, I'm not complaining that I couldn't finish it. But that is one huge jump in scaling from one day to the next. I would argue that kind of a jump in scaling is an absurdity and is probably due to some issues in their matchmaking.

I think they probably need to evaluate that scaling a bit. A hard, difficult slog is fine. Wearing my roster down to the point, I can't win is fine. But clearly my roster and ability to win didn't change that much from one day to the next.
  • OrionPeace wrote: »
    Now, I'm not complaining that I couldn't finish it. But that is one huge jump in scaling from one day to the next. I would argue that kind of a jump in scaling is an absurdity and is probably due to some issues in their matchmaking.
    What was your arena rank each time when you reset GW? The current theory (though some say it was confirmed on reddit, I haven't looked into it) is that your arena rank matters somehow. If your arena rank improved quite a bit then you may be pulling from a pool of superior players.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    GW is extremely frustrating now, even for high-level people with solid teams. I can only imagine how annoying it must be for those lower down.
    There's no real strategy any more, no shuffling resources, no managing cooldowns. You can't even send in "suicide squads" against these crazy turn-meter teams, they just slaughter everyone and you have made no progress against them.
    So you have to keep trying the same fights over and over and over. Tedious and irritating.
    Matchmaking has no rhyme or reason to it. Today I have a team I cannot beat without leaving my starters in ruins, and it's only fight 9.
    It's not even about winning or losing at this point. It's just simply not fun. Someone in another thread compared it to his toddler's toy where you have to try different pegs to see which fit in which holes. That's about right.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    And of course the added bonus of fighting teams that get one turn after another due to the incredibly broken turn meter meta right now. Such .. fun.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Hmm. Didn't you write a guide to GW? Sounds like it's challenging you right now
  • I have not lost any of my original 5 man team since the update, am now level 65. I use 3 healers, Bariss, Lumia and Daka and then gen sold + Poggle. I would advise use as many healers as possible and always use basic attack when you know you have the fight in the bag - to recharge cool downs for next match.