Tired of tournaments

Seriously, they're old now. They're annoying, have absolutely terrible prize tiers, depend on too much RNG for which bracket you're in (some win #1 with 3,000 points while others are 16,000), are incredibly boring (fighting the same teams over and over again), and are insane time sinks. They aren't fun or rewarding in any aspect, at all. Yet, this development team seems to think that it's the best way to implement new over powered heroes, 2 weeks after the last one. Its exhausting.

I'm tired of doing these terrible tournament events for the latest OP hero that becomes irrelevant in a month when they release the counter. Not to mention that most people don't unlock them, and even less get them at a usable star level. Then we need to level and gear them, before they become worthless.

Tournaments are just plain terrible. That's all.

Replies

• Sadly, you are right. The first ever tourney was great because it was new. People quickly realized that after that it was awful. The next one came out and people were still **** off about the first one. Ever since then it's been one big mess that they really should stop doing. It isn't working and even the people that win the tourneys, don't use the toon because they don't want to risk going against the Rebel Meta that we are in right now.
  • M9silent wrote: »
    Seriously, they're old now. They're annoying, have absolutely terrible prize tiers, depend on too much RNG for which bracket you're in (some win #1 with 3,000 points while others are 16,000), are incredibly boring (fighting the same teams over and over again), and are insane time sinks. They aren't fun or rewarding in any aspect, at all. Yet, this development team seems to think that it's the best way to implement new over powered heroes, 2 weeks after the last one. Its exhausting.

I'm tired of doing these terrible tournament events for the latest OP hero that becomes irrelevant in a month when they release the counter. Not to mention that most people don't unlock them, and even less get them at a usable star level. Then we need to level and gear them, before they become worthless.

Tournaments are just plain terrible. That's all.

Good News- They are optional!

In all seriousness, I apprieate the fact that they are trying to slow down the grind with increasing refresh cost! Good first step CG- thank you!

Check my feedback post @M9silent ;)

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/77612/dev-response-in-stormys-feedback-on-current-tournament-s
  • Stormy wrote: »
    Good News- They are optional!

If its only way to get needed characters (or for example 1 Empire ship from 2 available) its not optional. Its must do....

• I'm not a huge fan of tournaments either, simply because it's basically the same gameplay as the Arena, which isn't at all very exciting for me in the first place. I'm somewhere around the 200-400 rank range in the arena, which isn't impressive I suppose, but I've also only put so much effort as the Daily Quests require (which is 3 fights per day). I could probably buckle down and try really hard in one of these tournaments and do decently, perhaps even well enough to get the character as a reward, but it wouldn't be fun for me, and that's the sole purpose I play this game (and any game, really).

I was waiting for Jyn to be introduced to the game as I'm really excited about Rogue One, so I guess that makes me a little more annoyed about this tournament specifically. It was okay for me when it was a generic Trooper (even if that character is pretty useful) or even a supporting role Rogue One character (wasn't in a rush for the entire cast after all), but the main character of the movie? Meh, color me disappointed.

• Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    The only true way to reward roster depth and reduce the grind of tournaments to an acceptable level is by capping the number of refreshes.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*