Rate this team please!. (Updated).

MRFREE2PLAY90
282 posts Member
edited January 2016
So,

After a long while browsing various forums especially this one i have finally decided on my ultimate team setup for arena and gw. This team is going to be leading with sidious for his crits. Geo and Poggle will obviously work very well together while geo with poggles buff can do massive damage and call for assists allowing the likes of IG-86 to cause devastating damage early on. Lumi is also an addition to this team she is an excellent attacker as is and great at healing the party essentially important considering if kept alive longer the team just continues to shine!.

I'm obviously not able to test this team yet but im not sure how this would not work well. With what i have mentioned above the team continually rotates punishment especially when poggle buffs up the squad IG-86 becomes very dangerous :).

So here is the team,

7* Sidious
7* Geo
7* Poggle
7* IG-86
7* Lumi

How do you rate this team and any suggestions ?.

Due to suggestions by others luke has been substituted for IG-86 :). Poe is a good suggestion but with the majority of posters saying hes OP im expecting a hard nerf so no thank you :D.
Qui-Gon progress in cantina currently 4* gear lvl 7.
Post edited by MRFREE2PLAY90 on

Replies

• Drop Luke for Poe but looks pretty good otherwise
  • I'd second the Poe idea. I have a similar team built and Lumi can still crit for 10k +

You miss a little damage, but get to keep your characters around a little longer, and win the turn meter advantage.

No reason you can't work towards both characters tho and decide for yourself.
  • If you don't have a deep bench with more decent healers, you're not going to make it through GW with that team.
    What are you going to do when you face some similar team and your Lumi is on cooldowns for the heal and the AI is focusing down on someone in the red?

Poe is kind of a sacrifice, in Arena, not so much of a liability but in GW if you're up against a high dps team because his taunt is 2 turns, you take too many hits and chances are, even with high tenacity, someone will get a healing immunity debuff to stick or just crit you to dust.

In Arena, it's a different story, you only need to survive one encounter, not 12. That's a good Arena team (but I'd recommend Poe for Luke too). It just doesn't have the legs for GW which is a war of attrition.

There's also no such thing as an "ultimate team" each comp has a counter, have you faced any high level droid teams yet? Rey, resistance teams? They can all be really tough. Poe teams themselves can be susceptible to AoE teams though the current meta discourages AoE squads.

Some toons are bugged and once they're fixed or others get nerfed/buffed, the meta will shift again. Don't know how far you are from assembling your team but it's likely things will have changed by the time you get there if you're a long way from 7* level 70.

Ally Code: 945-699-762
  • If you don't have a deep bench with more decent healers, you're not going to make it through GW with that team.
    What are you going to do when you face some similar team and your Lumi is on cooldowns for the heal and the AI is focusing down on someone in the red?

Poe is kind of a sacrifice, in Arena, not so much of a liability but in GW if you're up against a high dps team because his taunt is 2 turns, you take too many hits and chances are, even with high tenacity, someone will get a healing immunity debuff to stick or just crit you to dust.

In Arena, it's a different story, you only need to survive one encounter, not 12. That's a good Arena team (but I'd recommend Poe for Luke too). It just doesn't have the legs for GW which is a war of attrition.

There's also no such thing as an "ultimate team" each comp has a counter, have you faced any high level droid teams yet? Rey, resistance teams? They can all be really tough. Poe teams themselves can be susceptible to AoE teams though the current meta discourages AoE squads.

Some toons are bugged and once they're fixed or others get nerfed/buffed, the meta will shift again. Don't know how far you are from assembling your team but it's likely things will have changed by the time you get there if you're a long way from 7* level 70.

Totally overlooked how he wanted to rate for GW as well. I agree with the above statement from jabberwocky. You'll need a 2nd if not a 3rd healer for GW. I usually have an A team that has JC and Lumi in it for the most part, when I come across a high speed team I throw in Poe for JC.
  • Arijit
    510 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Interestingly, I am level 56 and yesterday completed GW with Lumi alone as healer. My JC is 3* purple gear. But I have high offense deep bench. GS, Luke, Sid, Poggle, Lumi. I even run poe in early stages of GW where the opponent are weaker.

TLDR; see how you are doing in GW. I always managed with Lumi - working on starting her to 6 and - JC I never starred up but geared him and now a days I rarely need him. I keep him in bench just in case.
  • Maybe Ig86 instead of Luke is better, he got an assisted attack and benefits more from the poggle buff.
  • in arena is probably devastating but in gw sucks bad.
    I don't know if that team can defend as well. to farm both gs and luke to 7*, from 0 and never resetting cantina cd, takes 162 days (650 shards, 4 average shards per day)
  • Arijit wrote: »
    Interestingly, I am level 56 and yesterday completed GW with Lumi alone as healer. My JC is 3* purple gear. But I have high offense deep bench. GS, Luke, Sid, Poggle, Lumi. I even run poe in early stages of GW where the opponent are weaker.

TLDR; see how you are doing in GW. I always managed with Lumi - working on starting her to 6 and - JC I never starred up but geared him and now a days I rarely need him. I keep him in bench just in case.

Just wait, you'll hit a brick wall soon enough, 7* max gear, level 65-70 teams from about the 4th battle on in GW. I can still finish everyday but the last 3 battles, I have to throw out some meatbags to soak up specials.

I'm level 65 and I have to face level 69-70 synergized Chromium toon teams with level 8 and sometimes 9 gear.
  • Maybe Ig86 instead of Luke is better, he got an assisted attack and benefits more from the poggle buff.

+1 I agree but if he doesn't have him unlocked yet, it's a long road to a viable 86 starting at zero.

No point as poe will get hard nerfed im sure of it so im keeping luke.

This is a bad reason to not farm Poe as the devs have made no mention on a nerf coming. Just because some of the community whines about it doesn't mean the devs will listen. The community is split, so what about the others not calling for a nerf.

This is a bad reason to not farm Poe as the devs have made no mention on a nerf coming. Just because some of the community whines about it doesn't mean the devs will listen. The community is split, so what about the others not calling for a nerf.

The issue here is if they dont nerf him almost all glass cannon teams will have one poe. Then it will be upto the RNG gods which poe will go first. The whole synergy thing will not work because by turn 1 you will loose 1-2 toons and then the battle will be unbalanced.
  • Hence why he should farm poe
  • Hence why he should farm poe

Ya I was supporting your statement. lol
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    The top spot in my Arena doesn't use Poe. There are a couple other options for you but all involve replacing Luke. I've used your exact composition. On my server it would land you in the top 50 but not the top 20.
  • MRFREE2PLAY90
    282 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Drop Luke for Poe but looks pretty good otherwise

Farming poe to 7* when the majority of the community say hes OP would be a disaster as whats the point respectfully ?. Luke is sufficient enough maybe not as good as poe but when poe gets a hard nerf luke should shine hopefully fingers crossed.
  • I think your team looks great! I'd personally love a team like yours
    But I also agree with the others and think you may also consider a character that can taunt as well. But it's up to you
    8 or 9 out of 10 from me
  • I think your team looks great! I'd personally love a team like yours
    But I also agree with the others and think you may also consider a character that can taunt as well. But it's up to you
    8 or 9 out of 10 from me

Thanks appreciate the comment. I do realise people advise poe for my team to replace luke but im liking luke i gotta say despite people saying hes slow he works well IMO just not as good as poe but if the likes of poe gets a nerf my team would benefit a lot from that so yeah :P.
  • I like it. With Sif as crit master, consider a high crit replacement for poggle. FOTP, Lando, IG 88, whatever.
  • MRFREE2PLAY90
    282 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    DarthBooey wrote: »
    I like it. With Sif as crit master, consider a high crit replacement for poggle. FOTP, Lando, IG 88, whatever.

If i take poggle out i lose my damage advantage with luke and geo sadly :(.
  • I'll give it a 6/10 switch Luke for IG86

Not a fan of droids weak defence :).

They have roughly the same hp, +/-100, but 86 has great crit synergy and Poggle buffs his speed through the roof.
  • MRFREE2PLAY90
    282 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    I'll give it a 6/10 switch Luke for IG86

They have roughly the same hp, +/-100, but 86 has great crit synergy and Poggle buffs his speed through the roof.

Thank you very much for this i will start doing IG-86 he is already 2 star and gear 7 when can he be added to my main team about 4*?. Also if i replace luke how much will that make my team better havok ?.
  • Just faced the number one on my arena bracket and he/she ran a similar team
    7* Sid(L), Poggle, GS, Jawa, Dathca

• Arijit wrote: »

Depends the draw you get. My run is typically 10-11 lvl 65plus mostly 7* purple teams, a 6 here or there or if Barriss is in she is usually only 5*, but mostly 7. I healer will not walk you through that many high level, high star, purple teams. I have every toon but a handful unlocked and most at lvl 55+ any at 55+ are gear 6 minimum. I have 5 teams worth of purple geared 60+ and I can't make it through my draw with only Lumi 7* gear 7. Most can't withy the draw they get due to cooldown.

There are some draws I get where I'd not get through with only 1 healer. Try facing a HK lead 86,88,poggle,Poe team all 7* purple then go to a QGJ led Jedi squad all 7* purple followed by a Sid led Leia, Luke, Poe, Rey, FOTP 7* purple team. Lumi alone will not heal you through that trifecta. I've had to run that combo 3 in a row multiple times, not always that order, but those 3 builds 1,2,3 in a row. If you can walk through that with only Lumi as your healer please tell me the other 4 on your team and I'm building it.

For GW man get yourself a couple healers to help you through. For arena you are on a good track. I was using Luke, but subbed him out for Poe. I use Dooku over Poggle, but mine is geared high and fits my fast build and does his job. Poggle though is a nice option with his Buff. I just have a hard time running someone in arena that hits so weak, even if it adds ability block at times. FYI Geo hits quite a lot harder than Luke does.

I think i got 3 healers, JC, Lumi, Talia, hope its enough and i understand it may seem a low amount but won 3 up to now since the switch over so something is working nicely.
  • I think using IG-86 was a good decision on your part. I heard he's better than IG-88. With Poggle there your team will be buffed even more then when Luke was there
  • I think using IG-86 was a good decision on your part. I heard he's better than IG-88. With Poggle there your team will be buffed even more then when Luke was there

Yeah i noticed luke would hit hard with poggles buff but ultimately IG-86 hits just as well with more or less similar HP :). Also once poggle buffs up the squad IG-86 like havok said becomes very fast and can do serious damage if not checked by the opposing player :D.

Have a nice day Beautiful Colt :).