Capital Ship : power rating

@CG : how is power calculated for Capital Ship ?

my situation is :
Ackbar ship at level 44, ultimate @ lvl 4 , other abilities lvl 1
Mace ship at level 45, abilities same level as Ackbar

My Ackbar is G10 , power rating 8844
My Mace is G11, power rating 9296, more Omega spent on this character.

yet there is a huge gap between the 2 ships :
Home one is rated 16034
Endurance is only .....12823

How do you explain the difference ?

Thx,
I choose the Red Pill.

Replies

• Ship Power is heavily influenced by the Special Damage value, for whatever reason. As such, ships like Home One, Jedi Consular's Starfighter, and Geonosian Spy will have much higher Ship Powers than other ships with similarly leveled/starred/geared characters. Ship Power is not a very conclusive measure of a ship's strength. Instead, you should look at synergies and specific abilities.
  • https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/5f433c/explanation_of_how_ship_stats_work_and_data_tables/

Most likely your mace has some worse mods (in terms of star level) or its simply how starts are transferred from crew to ship. (similarly to a discussion in the link above about JC and Geo Soldier.).
  • Ok I checked Crew Power :
    Ackbar = 10k
    Mace = 7k
    Ship Power is heavily influenced by the Special Damage value

then I checked special damage value :
    Ackbar = 17k, 14,5k coming from crew
    Mace = 2k, none from crew

Which explain the crew power, but doesn't make sense either : why Ackbar has so much more ?
    And why does this stat count more than other ?

I choose the Red Pill.
  • Ackbar's AOE (Defiant Volley) deals Special Damage, so that's why they've boosted it on him. As for why that stat has more impact....we don't know. It does directly correlate with higher Resistance. It is only found on 5 ships (though Endurance has barely any additional from Mace), one of which being Vader (who doesn't use Special Damage at all). There are various theories but we have not been told by CG the actual reason(s).

However, an important takeaway from this is that Ship Power is largely irrelevant; instead, look to actual stats, ability damage values, and synergies to determine which ship is better.
  • Mageduckey wrote: »
    However, an important takeaway from this is that Ship Power is largely irrelevant; instead, look to actual stats, ability damage values, and synergies to determine which ship is better.

This is what bugs me : I'd like to have numbers that make sense.

anyway , thanks for the explanations :smile: !

I choose the Red Pill.
  • scuba
    14043 posts Member
    aerendhil wrote: »
    Mageduckey wrote: »

This is what bugs me : I'd like to have numbers that make sense.

anyway , thanks for the explanations :smile: !

Power has never been very useful even before ships. On characters it is heavily skewed by health and protection.