HELP! Game won't start

Aznar
21 posts Member
edited December 2016
Hey guys,I woke up and tried to launch SWGOH but it is stuck on "Checking for updates" and I have let me phone load for 12+ minutes and I have tried restarting my phone, uninstalling the game then reinstalling it and neither have worked. Please let me know if any of you know how to fix this issue.
Post edited by J0K3R on

Replies

• Options
    I also have a fairly strong internet speed and this has never happened to me before.
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    Options
    Do you have an iPhone ? Please switch to Android.
  • Options
    I have android Android and have the same problem. Any ideas?
  • Saraleb
    2070 posts Member
    Options
    Couple posts popping up like this.... would appear its down
  • Options
    Yup, having the same issue. After about 10 to 15 minutes, loading cantina pops up and then nothing after that. Been going on, for me, since 5am. Was fine at 3 am when I went to bed.
  • Options
    Are you connected to VPN?
  • Options
    Me too I am running into this problem it's been two days straight now
  • Options
    server status says they fixed the problem.. but it's still loading super slow.. give it about 20 min .. and it will open -- also will get the error when going to certain Galactic Wars and other various battles.. it freezes
  • Options
    Same thing here. Let me ask everyone stuck at "Checking for updates" who is your service provider? This has been made more frustrating because CG_Kozispoon merged the people having this problem into a wholly unrelated thread from yesterday and declared the problem solved.
  • Options
    Same here. Galaxy s4
    166-215-268
  • Options
    I have Verizon for wireless and ATT Uverse for home.
  • Options
    I've found a workaround for me, I switch to 4G and turn my data off and back on. Every third time I'll connect to a different tower maybe and it'll load. But wifi doesn't load no matter where I go to, here in the house, down the street, or Starbucks. For whatever reason if I'm connect to the net the game won't load. But it will for certain areas on 4g
    "When the dust settles, the only thing living in this world will be metal."
  • Options
    Krenzig6 wrote: »
    I have Verizon for wireless and ATT Uverse for home.

It seems like the AT&T is what's the problem. I can connect to everything else but that.
  • Options
    The problem is still not fixed. It takes 20 plus minutes to go from checking for updates to loading cantina, 20 plus minutes from there to finally the home screen of the game. Moreover, while 0laying the game there are random freezes when doing certain things that can last upwards of 30 minutes. This can include using the chat, opening bronzium packs, and clicking into any of the buttons on the home screen. It can even freeze for long periods of time after a battle to which u gotta wait for ever to claim the rewards. This problem is not resolved and is frustrating enough to cause people to quit playing. I've got 100`s of hours on this game and it needs to be fixed asap. I won't stay with it much longer having to wait hours just to get in and do dailies raids and spend a little energy.
  • Options
    Even though att may be part of the problem something within this game is not meshing right and is just as much the blame. I can stream movies through chrome cast and play any other game but not swgoh....smdh
  • Options
    I am having the same problem as Lilphel0n --- And the google play "connect" icon keeps randomly appearing to.. it almost seems as if it's losing connection with them .. nothing else in the house is having downloading issues. just this game. I have played other games , some EA, some not.. only this game randomly freezes ..

When I start the game I have the 20 min wait to log in "check for updates" and then "Loading Cantina".... but I can wait, it's when it randomly freezes that annoys me.. posting to chat and leveling up characters are the worst and freeze the most ----

Already cleared Cache, already reinstalled the game, already restarted my machine -

Viking pro - Android - ATT Uverse internet for home - ID 226-694-881 - need anything else?
  • Options
    Help me mickey mouse, you're our only hope
  • Kozispoon
    3245 posts EA Staff (retired)
    Options
    Hiya!
    This has been flagged as a 'bug' for our team to monitor, but after review, QA confirms game works on their ipv6 network. This appears to be an issue with the provider.
    Thank you for your patience 8D Forum Guidelines
  • Options
    So, this issue still persists....what can be done to fix this? AT&T will provide no help what so ever. Can EA get on the phone with ATT and ask a favor lol? God knows I can't get anywhere with them...call EA they say. Is it a hopeless matter that will forever be forgotten? Seems so. Guess I will be doomed to play this game within my mobile data universe, rather than ATT uverse. Thanks 4 nothing, lilphel0n