Please let me know if any of you know how to fix this issue.

Aznar
21 posts Member
edited December 2016
Hey guys,I woke up and tried to launch SWGOH but it is stuck on "Checking for updates" and I have let me phone load for 12+ minutes and I have tried restarting my phone, uninstalling the game then reinstalling it and neither have worked. Please let me know if any of you know how to fix this issue.
Post edited by BentWookiee on

Replies

• I also have a fairly strong internet speed and this has never happened to me before.
  • Kozispoon
    3245 posts EA Staff (retired)
    Hiya!
    Are you still experiencing this issue? If so, could you please provide the following-
    • Device model/OS
    • Ally code
    Thank you for your patience 8D Forum Guidelines
  • Android S7 and my ally code is 913-797-577
  • Hiya!
    Are you still experiencing this issue? If so, could you please provide the following-
    • Device model/OS
    • Ally code
    Android S7 and my ally code is 913-797-577
  • I'm on Android S7 as well.
  • I'm on Android Viking Pro Tablet, having this problem all day.. Server status says "Down for some" only 310 players? .. count me as one of them . I guess.. did any of you fix your problem?
  • I'm having the same problem on two phones.

LG G5 - Android 7.0
    LG G Flex 2 - Android 5.0.1

My ally code is 981-767-127.
  • I'm on Android Viking Pro Tablet, having this problem all day.. Server status says "Down for some" only 310 players? .. count me as one of them . I guess.. did any of you fix your problem?

I waited 30 mins for the game to start and it did thankfully but some menus are really slow to load so what I do is I NEVER close out my tab bc if I do I will have to wait 30 mins again to start up the game.
  • Aznar wrote: »
    Hey guys,I woke up and tried to launch SWGOH but it is stuck on "Checking for updates" and I have let me phone load for 12+ minutes and I have tried restarting my phone, uninstalling the game then reinstalling it and neither have worked. Please let me know if any of you know how to fix this issue.

I am having the same problem and currently it's still active at 8:00am my time
  • I am having the same issue. Stuck on "checking for updates" as of 12\9\
  • Same issue Android 6.0.1 running on Galaxy Note 5. issue began 12/8
  • Krenzig6
    5 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Same problem. Galaxy S6: cleared cache, unilstalled, reinstalled. Tried logging in on my tablet with no luck. All other apps work fine. This started early on 12/8.

I have tried tried all the steps you have laid out below @CG_Kozispoon. Including two different accounts on two different devices. I can connect if I turn off my wi-fi and use cellular data. I have AT&T Uverse as well.

Ally code: 533-352-885
    Post edited by Krenzig6 on
  • Kozispoon
    3245 posts EA Staff (retired)
    @Aznar
    To rule everything out, have you tried all the following steps?
    • Make sure the device is up to date by going to Settings – About Device – Download Updates Manually and you will either get a confirmation that “The latest updates have already been installed” or get the option to install the latest update
    • Clear cache on your device by following the steps in this article: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/mobile/troubleshooting-steps-for-android/
    • Reinstall Google Play Games
    • Try to connect to 2 different Wi-Fi connections and if that still fails to try to connect using Mobile Data
    • If all the above still don’t fix the issue, please try this account on a different device (it can be a friend’s device)
    Thank you for your patience 8D Forum Guidelines
  • Somethings wrong there is more then one of us having issues ..... I've done everything and the game is still standing on checking for updates
  • I'm having the same problem. I can connect on my phone data, my Time warner wifi, but not on my friends AT&T internet. Just hangs up on checking for updates.
  • I'm also having the same issue game works fine anywhere but my home wifi (AT&T). Any other game or website works on my home wifi. I can play on 4G.

Ally code 518-268-399
    Samsung Edge 6+
  • I'm having the same issue. With the amount of money I've dropped on this app this is ridiculous. I'm running an S6 edge but have no way to check my Ally code as I CAN'T log on
  • I also haven't been able to work on WiFi!

Samsung edge 7
    Code 222-396-272