Just a thought about a new raid...

I was checking out the forum the other day and had a great thought that just popped into my head for no particular reason. I had an idea for a new Guild Raid!

Now, I do want to say that this is only just an idea that came into my mind, and the purpose of writing this is to hear from the community (who I have yet to get to know) and see what you all think about it; and feel free to add your own ideas as well. As said, this is just discussion.

I thought it would be really cool to see a Galaxy of Heroes rendition of the Petranaki Arena battle in Episode 2. With both of the guild raids currently available, there are 4 phases, and I think that there is lots of room for EA to work with here. In my mind, phases 1-3 could be battling against the Reek, Acklay and Nexu (in any order, really) and then the fourth could be a number of different things. For one, a massive droid vs. squad battle could take place before Yoda and the other Jedi come to rescue them (as seen in the movie). Another possible thought is the fourth phase be a battle with a boosted Count Dooku? But again, these are just personal thoughts.

I think the developers would be able to make this a pleasantly enjoyable experience, as well as fairly rewarding one, which brings another question: what would the reward for completing said hypothetical raid be? There are a number of ways that EA could possibly go with this, and the reward wouldn't necessarily have to be a character, BUT...

Let's pretend that they went the same route as the other two raids and they were going to reward the players with shards for a character. Who would that character be? Well, I have a few thoughts on who could possibly be rewarded for this feat, but among many, I will share two: The first one being Padme, just because I really am fascinated by the animation of blaster pistols for all of the Star Wars Characters and I would like to see them make Padme's blaster. Also, as a consolation for how silly it might sound initially, Padme proved to be a really good shot for a senator. However, it is the second and more realistic (I think) of the two that I am sharing that takes the cake. J-A-N-G-O F-E-T-T. I mean, honestly, I can't say enough about Jango Fett, and I think he would be a welcomed addition to the GoH ensemble.

I do want to say before concluding this post that IF for any reason this idea were to gain any momentum that I do realize this would not happen in a day. In fact, it would probably take a long enough time when you consider the priorities that the development team have right now. With Rogue One on the horizon, I'm fairly certain they will have their hands full adding characters and other special goodies for us. I don't know where Guilds and Guild Raids fall on their priorities, but I think that somewhere down the line, it would be amazing to see this come to be.

Replies

• Options
    +1 just somewhere in the future i have no rush but that is a good raid idea :) ship raids would be nice too ;)
  • Options
    +1 just somewhere in the future i have no rush but that is a good raid idea :) ship raids would be nice too ;)
    "A ships raid would be nice." No, it would be awful. Ships are poor IMO and a ships raid will see a lot of people quitting the game.
  • Options
    I like that idea!
  • Options
    "A ships raid would be nice." No, it would be awful. Ships are poor IMO and a ships raid will see a lot of people quitting the game.

Ships need some more work imho too and maybe not just a little but knowing them it's not ready b4 august :(
  • Options

Quite honestly, I love both aspects of the game: Ships Arena and Cantina Arena. I consider myself to enjoy this game for the sake of competitive nature (though I haven't seriously competed in a while). I personally love what they're doing with ships, but I do have to agree that (at the moment anyway) ships are poor.

I think it strives from trying to do too much at once. I've been playing this game for 7 months now and I think that there was a point in time where there wasn't an event to get a character every other week. Not that it matters so much, but I think that kind of made ships feel underwhelming. Ships for me was great for a day and then I found myself loathing my one star guys lol. I think the power system is a little awkward too. I think that it's common knowledge that if you put a ship in front of any character, it's going to be more powerful. I.E. A jedi may be able to evade the fire of a grounded Tie Fighter, but they cannot compare to the weaponry that a ship has and therefore could not stand up to a ship alone. I think it makes sense for the ship's power to be influenced by the pilot, but not overwhelmingly so. Furthermore, there are many other issues I've heard about, but that is the big one for me. I don't think it's right for my 64 ship to be taken out by a 50 ship of the same kind just based on character's gear level alone. I look forward to see what kind of things they do to make ships better.

For a ship raid, I would say definitely. Although, not now and not any time soon. People need to level and gear their ships/ship characters and there are improvements to be made with the ships system as a whole. I'm sure they're going to include that someday, I just don't think it will be anytime within the first 7 months of the new year.