Tie Fighter Ship Dodge

I know RNG can be bad but I'm pretty sure this is a bug unless the Tie Fighter has an exceptionally high dodge rate.

I just played an arena battle and 2 rounds of all my ships attacking (10 shots), every single hit was dodged by the opponent's Tie Fighter. The Tie Fighter had no buffs whatsoever.

Replies

• Same thing today. I had 3 ships all with full health and I'm against a single tie fighter and I still lose. He dodged about 12x in a row. This is really driving me crazy. Something has to be broken. RNG cannot be that bad.
  • Ok so I see the tie fighter has 30% dodge. Since Obi has 15% dodge and dodge happens all the time, I guess this is understandable. That is crazy high for dodge though.
  • according to swgoh.gg tie fighter can get up to 44 % dodge...well but he has no shields...guess poe is his best counter
  • DarthGozu
    283 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    It is complete garbage design and your frustration is understandable. Like Corvus said Poe's Perfect Shot is a counter to this tie fighter. If you do have darth vader's TIE Advanced x1, his basic also can't be evaded. Bistan's U-wing basic also can't be evaded when stealth. None of these ships are easy to collect without dropping tons of cash. I just hope for you that the Tie Fighter does not get Ashoka's evasion buff otherwise it becomes a ridiculous fight versus a ship you can't damage.
  • Same thing happened to me. This is ridiculous especially when in ships every turn is important. Bad game design when it doesn't mention it in game (like a buff at the very least) i'd rather have everyone miss me than shields. Will be farming it anyway for my DS tarkin challenge.
  • Yeah this has got to be one of the most frustrating things in the Fleet Battles. Target Lock on the TIE Fighter should cut the dodge rate drastically or something... utterly frustrating.

Meanwhile, when you have your own TIE on your offense team, he dies in 2 shots without dodging a thing. :(
    SWGoH Ally Code: 988-869-147 GM of [Elite Casual]
    May the Force be with you.
  • I see this is still a bug. I've filed a ticket to EA of course they don't give a crap
  • This is not a bug. The ship just has high evasion and no protection. Save it for last and you'll be fine. If you attack it early in the match you'll just end up feeding TM to the capital ship.
  • Its actually sucks when people use evasive units, RNG is really sucks in this game. I feel for you.
    I also curse every time when I encountered a dodge lead in Galactic Wars node, these guys has no skill so they had to risk it on dodge chance.
  • Kozispoon
    3245 posts EA Staff (retired)
    Hiya!
    This appears to be working as intended. To reiterate!
    "This is by design due to the TIE Fighter not having shields in canon. Because of this it has a much higher dodge rate than all other ships."
    Thank you for your patience 8D Forum Guidelines
  • Hiya!
    "This is by design due to the TIE Fighter not having shields in canon. Because of this it has a much higher dodge rate than all other ships."

Thanks @CG_Kozispoon . After upgrading my own ITF and seeing the dodge stats I did find it is actually WAI. Thanks for coming back to this. Guess the dodge is needed since it doesn't have high health and has no protection.
  • Hiya!

In that case, why does it have shields in the ship challenges?
  • Malgrin wrote: »
    Hiya!

Maybe to make it harder? It's dodge rate is way less in the challenges though.
  • Kozispoon
    3245 posts EA Staff (retired)
    @Malgrin
    44RDQh7-xsa9QyU3NpMgfqyCmBI.gif
    ...Leeeeeeet me look into that.
    Thank you for your patience 8D Forum Guidelines
  • UltimateZeus
    1221 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Malgrin wrote: »
    Hiya!

@Malgrin Just to be sure... you sure it's the imperial tie fighters and not the first order tie fighters?
  • @Malgrin

37hFKDP.png

@Malgrin Just to be sure... you sure it's the imperial tie fighters and not the first order tie fighters?

yup.
  • Malgrin wrote: »
    @Malgrin

37hFKDP.png

yup.

Great!