Why didn't my STHan go first?

His team:
AA lead
Wiggs
Leia
QGJ

His AA has 152 speed and max leader ability, so 177 total.

My team has:
Lando lead
STHan
Wiggs
RG

My STHan has 173 speed, plus 15 from Lando lead.

Even so, all his rebels went before my STHan, starting with AA (and so did my RG...) What the hell happened?

Replies

• Are you sure his QGJ didn't go first and call AA for an assist who then got TM gain?
  • Acrofales
    1363 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    No, AA used his special (Tactical Genius). QGJ didn't go at all in R1, because my RG went before him (lots of allies took damage) and stunned him.

And just to make sure, I checked. His QGJ has 165 speed, so also shouldn't be outspeeding my STHan.
  • AA opened with tactical genius or shot first?
    i.e. Biggs is faster than your han and AA was called to assist? Or he moved first..

Xio
  • I fought him again, and saw that it is, of course, his Leia who goes first. That probably triggered his AA to shoot, gain TM and that set off the landslide. Case closed.
  • BlazeSA
    134 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    @Xioborg that was my next guess too, biggs could have called AA
  • You just do not understand how TM works..

Turn 1 - add TM equal to speed for each char. Does anyone have over 1000? no. Next turn
    Turn 2 - add TM equal to speed for each char. Does anyone have over 1000? no. Next turn
    Turn 6 - add TM equal to speed for each char. 4 of them are over 1000 TM. They will GO this turn! And in what order? Surely the one who has most TM (has biggest speed) goes. Or not? NO. They will go in completely random order.

So basically - for first action you have certain breakpoints - 167 will go in 6th turn, 200 in fifth, 250 in fourth turn.
    And if you and opponent are tied (happens quite often), you depend on luck and luck only..

• Try and record your fight if you do not believe this - and then run it in slow motion. You will notice, that his AA went first - at the moment when more toons had 100% TM. And if you can, replay such fight several times. You will see that order is not set in stone - and it would be set in stone if everything depended strictly on each point of speed..
  • Platzman wrote: »
    You just do not understand how TM works..

Turn 1 - add TM equal to speed for each char. Does anyone have over 1000? no. Next turn
    Turn 2 - add TM equal to speed for each char. Does anyone have over 1000? no. Next turn
    Turn 6 - add TM equal to speed for each char. 4 of them are over 1000 TM. They will GO this turn! And in what order? Surely the one who has most TM (has biggest speed) goes. Or not? NO. They will go in completely random order.

So basically - for first action you have certain breakpoints - 167 will go in 6th turn, 200 in fifth, 250 in fourth turn.
    And if you and opponent are tied (happens quite often), you depend on luck and luck only..

You sure about this? I'm actually convinced you're wrong. I think only abilities that add TM can result in people being tied. not the regular tm gain (except with identical speed)
  • Never battled against same opponent and once your Biggs went first and second fight his Biggs did? Well happens to me all the time...
  • Found that link where I learned this (and then my experience only confirmed that it is right) :smile:http://www.teaminstinct.net/swgoh-guide/speed-and-you-a-team-instinct-special/
  • Xioborg
    405 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Did you notice the first line?
    "Edit: This article was accurate at the time that it was written. However, the speed mechanic has changed since its publication."

Multiple-toons at 100% TM due to TM ability gains e.g. Rex team receiving a crit, then yes, it becomes random. Raw speed i.e. 10 toons with no TM gain abilities, will go in right speed order. The speed mechanics were changed a while back. Two toons with the same speed, yes random, as they have the same speed. Two Raid Hans, random, even if one is faster than the other..

Xio
  • Strange that I experience that random order for Biggses. Also Acrofales evidently sees something different.
    Well, I am of scientific nature, so I will retest :)...
    I would actually like if it was the way you say, since that would help me improve some matchups.
  • If under Wedge lead, then you're getting a TM boost, so can easily fall under the TM 100% rule.

Xio
  • Platzman wrote: »
    You just do not understand how TM works..

That was the old system.
    Don't be a ****(4), and follow forum guidelines.
  • Xioborg wrote: »
    If under Wedge lead, then you're getting a TM boost, so can easily fall under the TM 100% rule.

Not really, if it is about who goes FIRST. Wedge lead gives TM boost on crit and there is no crit before FIRST toon goes.
    And when my BIGGS goes first of all toons in one battle and his BIGGS next battle and they are not tied for speed, then it shows RNG.
    But as I say, I will retry to see it clearly.
  • As I said, it's solved. His Leia went first. She stealthed. This caused AA's leader ability to trigger, and he himself randomly shot. He gained TM and got a turn. This allowed him to cast Tactical Genius, causing Wedge to shoot. Then his Biggs went (also more speed than my STHan) twice.

But keep up the TM discussion, because my fleet battles always appear to go in a random order. :)