Credit heist on Monday?

Prev13
Gunslinger87
58 posts Member
edited December 2016
Yup. Full 12 days falls on monday.... no pitchforks... but still feel like CG is trolling us....
Post edited by BentWookiee on

Replies

• They are not trolling you, they are exploiting you. Need to increase that revenue before fiscal year ends, you know
  • FatalEdge66
    51 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    They need to make credit heist weekly this is nonsense. They also need to fix the abysmal drop rates on mods. This has went on long enough. FIX IT
    Post edited by Mageduckey on
  • Not even revenue generating. They took the Credit packs out of the store.
  • Not even revenue generating. They took the Credit packs out of the store.

no they are there. in the resources tab.
  • shh don't tell them, grab the pitchforks, fight the powah!
  • Atlas1
    1713 posts Member
    It's clearly not on a random schedule. It feels like it's always on day 12, and definitely on day 9+.
  • The devs aren't even subtle at this point with the credit starvation
  • Yup. Full 12 days falls on monday.... no pitchforks... but still feel like CG is trolling us....

so it will drop tuesday...
  • Cletus99 wrote: »
    Yup. Full 12 days falls on monday.... no pitchforks... but still feel like CG is trolling us....

so it will drop tuesday...

Just consider yourself lucky they give away credits (it's a free game)

and doing so just before the tournament.

signed,

your stockholm syndrome victim

/sarcasm
  • Atlas1
    1713 posts Member
    He counter starts one day AFTER the previous heist. So technically, Thursday 12/1 is day 1. Tuesday 12/13 is day 12. We'll be getting it Tuesday.
  • +1 torch and pitchfork. Irritated about 12 day credit heist schedule. It needs to be weekly.
  • The issue is that it doesn't fall on weekends as well. It can't show up on Day 10 or 11 this cycle making Day 12 3x as likely. Bad RNG or WAI? Depends on your perspective once again
  • Minday is in long time. My pockets are empty
  • Just wondering, has anyone even bothered to record when the credit heist has occurred in the last, say, 2 months? Without hard facts, a lot of this (and other threads of similar theme) are just rumor/hearsay based on anecdotal evidence that could quite likely be inaccurate. Let's maybe not burn the place down until we have actual facts to go off of?
  • Mageduckey wrote: »
    Just wondering, has anyone even bothered to record when the credit heist has occurred in the last, say, 2 months? Without hard facts, a lot of this (and other threads of similar theme) are just rumor/hearsay based on anecdotal evidence that could quite likely be inaccurate. Let's maybe not burn the place down until we have actual facts to go off of?

There was definitely no heist this week. That has happened 3 times in the most recent cycles where we have gone a whole week with no heist. I can't give you exact dates, but I play daily and I look every day to see if it's there. I can tell you with absolute 100% certainty that we've had 3 weeks recently that did not contain a credit heist on my planet in the quantum reality I inhabit. Weekly would be nice is all I'm saying.
  • Mageduckey
    699 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Recently hit level 70 and consequently have started to really feel the credit crunch as I expand my roster to more than just arena team (aka Jawas for crit damage mod challenge and pilots), and yes, I know it gets worse at 80+. But if we had a credit heist every week, especially when it can pay out, what, 5-20mil at the highest level (again, recent 70 so not sure what the top tier gives), pretty soon the only thing we'd have to spend credits on are mods. Everything else would be able to be maxed. That's not good for the longevity of a collector-oriented game like this. If people run out of stuff to acquire/achieve they're more likely to leave, resulting in lost revenue. It would also put a higher strain on the content team to develop and push out more characters, events, etc., which might result in less quality than what we want from those things. Just some thoughts.

What if the credit heist were every week (on a random day), but the rewards were halved (or reduced in some way)? So you'd be getting the same rewards as now (if it is indeed 10+ day average, which we currently have no proof of in the thread), but in smaller payouts more frequently. It would result in the same credit crunch (which is necessary), but people would at least have an event to look forward to. Plus it might help prevent binge spending since you won't be receiving as much all at once.
  • Mullato
    2582 posts Member
    @Mageduckey

I think the way it is fine, being that it pays out so many credits. It gives you time to plan out what to spend your lump sum on.

Just wish it was more random when it fell and not always on the later half of the 6-12 spectrum.
  • Atlas1 wrote: »
    He counter starts one day AFTER the previous heist. So technically, Thursday 12/1 is day 1. Tuesday 12/13 is day 12. We'll be getting it Tuesday.

No, it doesn't. The minimum is 6 days, and we've had a credit heist 6 days after the previous one started (multiple times). If it used your counter that would have been 5 days.
  • It's like the devs enjoy needling us. Well I hope you've got your fill, so can we have the CH now please. :|
  • Atlas1
    1713 posts Member
    Atlas1 wrote: »

No, it doesn't. The minimum is 6 days, and we've had a credit heist 6 days after the previous one started (multiple times). If it used your counter that would have been 5 days.

It hasn't fallen under 9 days since the level cap increase FYI.
  • Mageduckey
    699 posts Member
    edited December 2016

I don't know when the level cap increase was but it looks like it happened on 10/21 and 10/28, so this is most likely not true.

@Mullato - I too think it's fine the way it is. I was merely trying to come up with a suggestion that might suit the general population better. I like getting more money for less work haha
  • What makes it seem unfair is that the training droids drop weekly, but the credit heist is 9-12 days. It's this discrepancy that drives me nuts.
  • Shax
    77 posts Member
    Mageduckey wrote: »
    Recently hit level 70 and consequently have started to really feel the credit crunch as I expand my roster to more than just arena team (aka Jawas for crit damage mod challenge and pilots), and yes, I know it gets worse at 80+. But if we had a credit heist every week, especially when it can pay out, what, 5-20mil at the highest level (again, recent 70 so not sure what the top tier gives), pretty soon the only thing we'd have to spend credits on are mods. Everything else would be able to be maxed. That's not good for the longevity of a collector-oriented game like this. If people run out of stuff to acquire/achieve they're more likely to leave, resulting in lost revenue. It would also put a higher strain on the content team to develop and push out more characters, events, etc., which might result in less quality than what we want from those things. Just some thoughts.

What if the credit heist were every week (on a random day), but the rewards were halved (or reduced in some way)? So you'd be getting the same rewards as now (if it is indeed 10+ day average, which we currently have no proof of in the thread), but in smaller payouts more frequently. It would result in the same credit crunch (which is necessary), but people would at least have an event to look forward to. Plus it might help prevent binge spending since you won't be receiving as much all at once.

It costs 6.3 million to train a single character to level 85
    It costs around 2 million to 7* it
    It will cost at least 2 million to upgrade a mod set for that character
    Grand total is 10.3 million per character not taking into account abilities and gear crafts

Credit heist can pay between 5-20 million however I've never seen a payout higher then 5M and think it's reasonable to assume that the chance of getting any more then 5 million is extremely small.

With a 12 day CH rotation there is approximatly 2.5 credit heists a month giving aproximatly 12.5 million a month, which is about what you need to get a single character to max level. Note that this is assuming you already have all the shards and gear.

Now, how many months will it take to level every single character in the game by credit heist alone?
    How about all the new characters that a being introduced? I think the risk of the player base "maxing everything" is approaching zero.
  • Skirata wrote: »
    What makes it seem unfair is that the training droids drop weekly, but the credit heist is 9-12 days. It's this discrepancy that drives me nuts.

So if they were more stringent on training droids, creating a little bit of a crunch there so that you couldn't level everyone up even with all the credits in the world, it would be okay? (not sarcastic)
  • May I remind everyone that the lowest payout at the highest tier is 1.5 mil per run? So your range should be 3-20mil. Please don't give them any more credit than they deserve. :smile:
  • Shax wrote: »

It will cost at least 3.5 million to upgrade a mod set for that character
    Grand total is 11.8 million per character not taking into account abilities and gear crafts

Credit heist can pay between 5-20 million however I've never seen a payout higher then 5M and think it's reasonable to assume that the chance of getting any more then 5 million is extremely small.

With a 12 day CH rotation there is approximatly 2.5 credit heists a month giving aproximatly 12.5 million a month, which is about what you need to get a single character to max level. Note that this is assuming you already have all the shards and gear.

Now, how many months will it take to level every single character in the game by credit heist alone?
    How about all the new characters that a being introduced? I think the risk of the player base "maxing everything" is approaching zero.

Minor correction.
  • Mageduckey
    699 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Shax wrote: »

It will cost at least 2 million to upgrade a mod set for that character
    Grand total is 10.3 million per character not taking into account abilities and gear crafts

I always appreciate math :) While I don't have hard numbers on GW payouts, I can anecdotally claim ~23k first node and ~83k last node; assuming linear progression (if it's not I will update math): 83 - 23 = 60 / 10 nodes = 6k/node increase.

23 + 29 + 35 + 41 + 47 + 53 + 59 + 65 + 71 + 77 + 83 = 583k a day from GW. Even if we round that down (keeping in mind this is for a level 71 player's GW, not 80+), that's 15mil credits in a month from GW.

So GW pays out more than credit heist (barring the >5mil payouts). If we clear out ability and gear costs with the credits you earn from doing normal Cantina/LS/DS battles, that's 15 + 12.5 = 27.5 / 11.1 = 2.48 characters fully maxed from 1 to 85 in a month. That's not a bad rate when you consider that we have completely neglected tournament and raid rewards.
  • I wish i could sell half my training droids to get the credits to use the other half! :joy:
    Left by design.
    The fixed payout times are the worst part of this game and makes it absolutely family-unfriendly.
  • Typical, they give us a free event where we get 5 million credits and yet you all still complain.
  • Atlas1 wrote: »

That may be true. I could have sworn it was on the short end this previous time after everyone complained about it being late, but I might be wrong. But I'm not sure how it's relevant to when 12 days is.