Emperor's Demise Strategy

Aknf2001
546 posts Member
edited December 2016
For all who are worried about not unlocking or promoting Palpatine, you may find this thread helpful. Palpatine will briefly return on December 23rd to January 1st. So here are some tips:

Order You Take 'Em Out

This strategy isn't that effective until Teir 7 of the event.

Teir 1-6:

You need to take out the Royal Gaurd first, as they will heal, taunt, stun, and give defense up to the Emperor.

Teir 7:

Take out the two Royal Gaurds, Palpatine and then Darth Vader. The reason why it's important to take out Vader last is because the Emperor will keep healing himself, shocking you, stunning you, and do lots of damage. True Vader's Cunningham Blade can be deadly, but the Emperor is deadlier.

What Lead You Use

If you use a ST Han lead, you may find it not as effective as a Lando lead. The best leader for this event is Admiral Ackbar (Speed & Tenacity to rebel allies). If you don't have Admiral Ackbar, use Lando or Wedge for your lead.

Still Having Trouble?

•Use the best mods you have and put them on your rebel team. This will make the event alot easier.

•Don't use specials on enemies with low health

•Retreat if you know you'll definitely lose

Replies

• Thanks for this, I never did the event the first time and had no idea what the last battle would include or the strategy to use. I will be running AA (L) Wedge, Biggs, Lando, STHan all at gear 8 and modded with lando and han at gear 10. I think that should be enough if I can manage to cleanse the debuffs before vader uses his culling blade
    F2P - lvl 85 - July Shard - Primary Force Guild Force a Fide Guild - https://swgoh.gg/u/cesium/
  • Cesium wrote: »
    Thanks for this, I never did the event the first time and had no idea what the last battle would include or the strategy to use. I will be running AA (L) Wedge, Biggs, Lando, STHan all at gear 8 and modded with lando and han at gear 10. I think that should be enough if I can manage to cleanse the debuffs before vader uses his culling blade

You'll be good, some guy cleared the event with only G7 toons
  • Sorry, but what was format of event? - is it like Yoda or there are refreshes like K-2SO event?
  • WhenISayRun
    246 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Newb question, but what are the benefits of retreating?
  • No benefit... you can try it as many times as you want until doing it
  • If they haven't buffed him up to Lv 85 then I imagine most at level cap should be fine :)
  • Malthael wrote: »
    No benefit... you can try it as many times as you want until doing it

Okay, cool. Thanks.
  • Cesium wrote: »
    Thanks for this, I never did the event the first time and had no idea what the last battle would include or the strategy to use. I will be running AA (L) Wedge, Biggs, Lando, STHan all at gear 8 and modded with lando and han at gear 10. I think that should be enough if I can manage to cleanse the debuffs before vader uses his culling blade
    I cleared it with a G6 Biggs (every other was way higher) you might have no problems except bad rng. In worst case you have to restart. Good luck!!!
  • crzydroid
    7285 posts Moderator
    So the RGs actually taunt in the event? In the PvE battles, they don't have taunt.
  • ShaolinPunk
    3486 posts Moderator
    edited December 2016
    I'm wondering if he's still going to be weighted for level 80s. Might be a better time to try him, now than the first event.

Just gonna say, I was there when we had to walk uphill both ways...in the snow (which is ironic because my town is covered in snow today for reals).
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
  • crzydroid wrote: »
    So the RGs actually taunt in the event? In the PvE battles, they don't have taunt.

They taunt.
  • I'm wondering if he's still going to be weighted for level 80s.

I was curious about that too. I remember when Yoda came out the second time around it was really difficult compared to the first.

I was curious about that too. I remember when Yoda came out the second time around it was really difficult compared to the first.

Oh man, first time was so much tougher then second time. Then they took the level cap up to 80 and it was a cakewalk.
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107

Oh man, first time was so much tougher then second time. Then they took the level cap up to 80 and it was a cakewalk.

Yeah I probably have that backwards then. I just remember one time being significantly tougher.
  • How is Emperor Palatine Event set up? I seen it once awhile back but I was lower level and still kind of new. I had no appropriate heroes back then.
    Was wondering if there was limitation on types of heroes to use and star levels. I read above part about tier levels, I guessing it is like Yoda, K-S20 event?

• If you think you are on the border, I would pour all your resources into Rebels now. I'm banking 6-7m credits in the event I need to max level Leia or AA. STH, Lando and Wiggs are near max. You never know, they may adjust it to 85.

Worst case scenario is you think you'll be ok but end up not and have to wait another 4-5 months bitter. I'd rather regret over prepping than not enough.
  • The event will be harder than the last time to fit the new level 85 cap. Developers told me that :)
  • Gear 8 won t be enough
  • 22free22 wrote: »
    The event will be harder than the last time to fit the new level 85 cap. Developers told me that :)

Source?