How The Ally System Can be Improved

Aknf2001
546 posts Member
edited December 2016
The ally system is great IMO as of now, but some slight new mechanics can't hurt. Here are some suggestions:

Search For A Toon

Imagine if you need Old Ben to clear 9-B LS and you don't have one/an ally who has one. Or you want to try out General Kenobi for fun's sake? I think a "search for toon" would be a great idea.

Ally Points

Ally points need an improvement imo. Either spend them on whale tournaments, or use them on not so great Bronzonuims. Choice is yours.

I think for 25k ally points, you should be able to buy one Chromium.

Also what about an ally points store?

Contents:

Royal Gaurd x5 - 4k ally points
Kit Fisto x5 - 4k ally points
Wedge Antilles x5 - 4k ally points
Slave I Blueprints x4 - 4k ally points
Rex's Starfighter Blueprints x4 - 4k ally points
Biggs Darklighter's X-Wing (Red Three) Blueprints x4 - 4k ally points

Using An Ally in GW

Now in order to prevent obvious exploits, you can only use an ally in your daily GW once. So if you're having trouble with a node, an ally can boost you.

Conclusion

Tell me what you think, feedback is highly appreciated.

Replies

• I agree on a few things.

First off, toon-search is a no-brainer. I'd like to occasionally use an ally that isn't Lumi, Sid, or Phasma, thank you very much.

Secondly, 25k for a chromium. This one I don't agree on. That would basically mean a free chromium every 4-ish days for people at max level, which, while very nice, wouldn't be a financially smart idea. If they were willing to do the idea, and I would like to see it implemented, it'd be something much more considerable, like well over 100k.

Third, the ally store. This one I agree on but, again, I think the prices need to be raised a bit. At the current prices, I'd be able to buy two sets of shards a day. Considering how many ally points you get just for clearing the daily activities, I don't think the devs would be willing to let you trade them for shards at such good rates.

Fourth, I do agree that you should get to use it once in GW, but I think it should be once for everyone. 'Everyone' includes whales. You shouldn't be able to spend crystals to get an ally for every stage.

Finally, I'd have to add one last thing. For this to work, they'd probably have to remove ally points from the GW shop. I could buy 24k right now if I wanted. That'd kinda mess with the ally point economy in a big way.