To buy or not to buy???

Abyss
1651 posts Member
Debating on if the heroine pack is a solid buy or not. Bariss + my consular sound like a nice healing pair and i can use ahsoka an ventress on their respective sides an finish out 2 solid squads i think (one light one dark of course).

What is everyones thoughts on this pack??????

Replies

• Barriss is getting nerfed, I'd say don't buy.
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    Wait what????????
    I am literally brand new (lvl 32)

I have of note......
    4*s
    Counselar
    Maul
    Boba
    Mace

3*s
    Dooku
    Tala
    Chewy
    Jedi temple guard thing
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    Figured
    Bariss, ahsoka, and ventress wouod be nice additions :(

is this confirmed? or just a guess?
  • My opinion on buying the current packs: time is money. You are merely buying time in the game and perhaps some excitement created by the few peers who happily recommended these characters in here. Most players will catch up to you eventually with the characters currently offered in the packs because they can be farmed or luckily obtained from Bronze packs.

You can spend and get an edge now, in good conscience that it is your first step into the self-imposed pressure of keeping that edge for the future i.e. if you don't spend anymore after this pack, you will lose your edge eventually. Can you handle it? If so, go ahead.

I've yet to see a decent, non-condescending, actual strategy guide of a player who did not buy any packs.

I used to be a heavy spender in Heroes of Dragon Age and no longer wish to repeat the experience in any freemium.

I'd say so far the best deals have been the 5$ ones: Dooku, and the 100 crystals/day for 21 days.

If this EA team is smart, they will offer 5$ deals once in a while to get the "it's cheaper than lunch money" crowd. I will be one of those people. Anything above 10$ and my wallet is closed.
    ʕっ•ᴥ•ʔっ ︵ DOE
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    Yea we bought/sold thousands in SWFC (i cashed out with a nice profit) and found this game an plan to play casually for the most part. Im not looking to top ranking or be the best like i was in SWFC. Just want a nice team of characters i want to use not ones i have to use cause "so an so is a good tank" or "so an so is he best dps". Just want a nice dark/light squad to have fun with and combine them for a pretty good mixed team is all because i will not be grinding endlessly for chewys etc since as an example hes not a character i liked as a kid an dont want him on my team etc etc. Thats why ventress, bariss, and ahsoka appealed to me. I want functional fun teams an i will do as good as i do an all is well........ Thoughts???????
  • My personal take on this so far:

Farm the characters that you want, and don't buy the pack and use just one or two of these characters because "everyone said so" in these forums or somewhere else. I'm spending 100 crystals a day for 240 energy to farm the Consular, Dooku, Dathcha, Talia, Royal Guard and Lumina shards on the hard nodes, and I'm farming Luke and Boba Fett in cantina, and Sidious in Arena. Whatever is left in energy I farm gear to get everyone to V.

Gearing up the free characters you currently have will give you that edge over a lot of people who bought packs and are spreading their resources thin trying to gear up a larger roster.

For example, I'm liking the Royal Guard more and more despite negative comments on this unit, I don't even have 5 dark side characters yet (since I'm playing on iPhone, I did not get the free IG-86, and I don't have the Stormtrooper either) so I leveled him up and discovered a unit I like in this fashion.
    ʕっ•ᴥ•ʔっ ︵ DOE
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    Nice an yea i dont disagree, just always liked asoka an ventress and loved bariss from SWFC so i like all 3 haha the night sister i can do without and i also agree about wasting time/effort on ones that u dont like/use just to keep ur roster up. Im a fan of building a core to max then venturing out one by one etc
  • Barris can be farmed in Map 5 so you will be able to get one of your favourite without spending.
    http://www.swgohcantina.com/swgoh-shard-farming-locations/

Ventress you can buy in arena shipments.
    Ahsoka you can buy in cantina shipments.

So, back to my initial point: spending $ just to save time.
    ʕっ•ᴥ•ʔっ ︵ DOE
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    Agreed surely. I dont wanna farm too much is my problem haha. Im not worried about being a top player or having all 7* or anything either. I Just want a fun team that like to play with an enjoy the game while still being a team thats universally solid. Besides, even with my mediocre team im rank 100 ish an get decent rewards. I Will have a 7* sidious in 112 days if i log in daily and run all my arenas daily :) then i can move on to a dif project haha
  • @woodchuck , EA Jesse said yesterday in the bugs forum that they are needing Dooku and Barriss.

That's not confirmed.

Spending $50 is alot. I agree.
    However, Barriss really isn't needed to play PvE, do Cantina, or get around 500 to 1000 rank in the PvP leaderboards. I wouldn't put too much focus on certain heroes just because they are strong. Any one star hero can be strong if developed to GEAR V and given additional stars. Look at Jawa, Jedi Consular, and Chewy. I would say Initiate (November daily feature) and First Order Tie Fighter (December daily feature) are very good heroes if given 3 stars. Initiate is a good tank and Tie Fighter is a very strong blaster.

If you did buy Barriss, I'd say that's a good purchase if you have the means to use $ in a game. She is a great tank, heals like crazy, and only gets better with better gear and better leveled abilities. Plus, she can be farmed later in the game so a player has hopes of getting her to 5 or 6 stars. Many have mentioned Luminara, but I'm not a fan of hers since I would rather have a tank as my healer rather than an attacker. But I do understand that Lumi can get to 5 stars faster than Barriss, and that's a huge plus.

In all, you don't need to buy the Heroine pack. It's very nice and one with potential to add stars on all 3 heroines in the future. But really, if PvP is your thing, get it. We all know that PvP is for Pay2Play players. Almost 100%. But if you're just gonna play for PvE and just enjoy the missions, Cantina, and Daily Challenges, why bother getting certain heroes? Ain't necessary and you are putting too much pressure on yourself.

However, Barriss really isn't needed to play PvE, do Cantina, or get around 500 to 1000 rank in the PvP leaderboards.

Level 45 rank 69 (was rank 50 just a bit ago). No Barriss. Literally every team I've fought for the past 4-5 days has had Barriss though.
  • @Alatar wrote: »
    Barriss is getting nerfed, I'd say don't buy.
    However, Barriss really isn't needed to play PvE, do Cantina, or get around 500 to 1000 rank in the PvP leaderboards.

Level 45 rank 69 (was rank 50 just a bit ago). No Barriss. Literally every team I've fought for the past 4-5 days has had Barriss though.

Just wait for them to nerf Barriss and you'll never have to worry about seeing her again in Arena :p

But honestly, I'm on the soft launch servers and Barriss is not widely used by most of the level 60 players in Arena. These are all the players that have been playing for months so they have access to many other characters and realise that there are much better options available, and that Barriss really isn't as strong as people in the 35-50 range seem to believe.
  • Alatar
    81 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Slushie wrote: »
    @Alatar wrote: »
    Barriss is getting nerfed, I'd say don't buy.

Just wait for them to nerf Barriss and you'll never have to worry about seeing her again in Arena :p

But honestly, I'm on the soft launch servers and Barriss is not widely used by most of the level 60 players in Arena. These are all the players that have been playing for months so they have access to many other characters and realise that there are much better options available, and that Barriss really isn't as strong as people in the 35-50 range seem to believe.

Well...if I'm going to be honest, I've sort of figured out how to beat her. I haven't lost a match in the past 15 or 20 (I can't remember which day it was) against 100% Barriss teams. I'm fine if they don't nerf her so I can keep beating her up. ;) I think they should have made her not guaranteed from a pack so we wouldn't see her in every match, but at this point that's just for meta diversity, not because I can't handle her. lol