Poggle Droid Speed Buff

Isn't working, or sort of working with another issue.

Took the time to read through Instincts turn meter guide, but maybe I'm missing something.

Short of it is the AI IG88 keeps going before mine, when they're the same level or the AI is lower (63), my 88 is maxed out at said level for speed (only missing one piece of acquirable gear), and my 88 has poggle buff while AIs has no speed buff what so ever, and mine is suffering no debuff of any sort.

Anyone else seeing something similar?

Replies

• Options
    There's lots of bugs, I wouldn't doubt this is one.

Although maybe even with speed buff it doesn't put ig-88 in a higher speed bracket to be faster than an IG-88 without speed up. Turn meter will fill faster overall but turn 1 will still be a coin flip if they're in the same bracket.
  • Options
    Ah, OK then. Thanks.

/sadpanda
  • Options
    I don't think the speed buff comes into action until the next turn ig88 takes after getting the buff if that makes sense. It does work
  • CptCaveman
    713 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I believe that the speed buff starts the round that Poggle applies it. The offense up works for their first round action, don't see why speed up wouldn't. My Poggle and Geo would tie for first action in round 8. If Poggle went first,his offense up applied to Geos first hit, therefore it has to apply to that round.

Speed is calculated and added at the beginning of a toons turn, therefore the speed buff wouldn't apply until round 9 anyways as 88s round 8 occurred and he didn't get an action because his turn meter wasn't full. Poggles was full on round 8 and he applied the speed up, but it can't be applied retroactively to 88s meter because everyone filled their meters at the same time at the beginning of the round.

Poggle goes first in round 8, 88 goes after in round 9. Even if speed up starts after Poggle applies it in round 8, that only gives the beginning of round 9 to gain speed before 88 goes, which doesn't make a difference, he can't go back to round 8.

The enemy 88 is also a round 9 toon. Therefore your 88 and his 88 tie for action in round 9 and RNG seed determines who goes first. This is normal and working as intended.
    Post edited by CptCaveman on
    It's a hard life pickin stones and pullin teats, but sure as gods got sandals, it beats fighting dudes with treasure trails....
  • Options
    That's what I was trying to say, but he said it much better Ahha ^^^^
  • Options
    CptCaveman wrote: »
    I believe that the speed buff starts the round that Poggle applies it. The offense up works for their first round action, don't see why speed up wouldn't. My Poggle and Geo would tie for first action in round 8. If Poggle went first,his offense up applied to Geos first hit, therefore it has to apply to that round.

Speed is calculated and added at the beginning of a toons turn, therefore the speed buff wouldn't apply until round 9 anyways as 88s round 8 occurred and he didn't get an action because his turn meter wasn't full. Poggles was full on round 8 and he applied the speed up, but it can't be applied retroactively to 88s meter because everyone filled their meters at the same time at the beginning of the round.

Poggle goes first in round 8, 88 goes after in round 9. Even if speed up starts after Poggle applies it in round 8, that only gives the beginning of round 9 to gain speed before 88 goes, which doesn't make a difference, he can't go back to round 8.

The enemy 88 is also a round 9 toon. Therefore your 88 and his 88 tie for action in round 9 and RNG seed determines who goes first. This is normal and working as intended.

For me at least, it makes sense, but it doesn't make sense...I get the mechanics, but for me it doesn't change "the fact" that my 88 should go first. There shouldn't be a tie, and it shouldn't be working as intended the way it is. It defeats the purpose of the buff. My 88 should be faster.
  • Options
    Your 88 IS faster in the next round of turns.

Effectively since 88 is a single-shot character the speed buff does little or nothing for him. It is much more useful for IG-86 or (in particular) HK as they both can often be utilized past round 1.

For example if you have a poggle droid team and the other team has all of the droids but no Poggle then while the first round will mostly be RNG on which droids go first in the second round your surviving droids will all go faster than their counterpart on the other squad.
  • Options
    SlyGambit wrote: »
    Your 88 IS faster in the next round of turns.

Effectively since 88 is a single-shot character the speed buff does little or nothing for him. It is much more useful for IG-86 or (in particular) HK as they both can often be utilized past round 1.

For example if you have a poggle droid team and the other team has all of the droids but no Poggle then while the first round will mostly be RNG on which droids go first in the second round your surviving droids will all go faster than their counterpart on the other squad.

Yeah, and that makes sense. And the whole droid with Poe thing is clearly pretty fun because of that, but it still doesn't add up to common sense to me. It says my Droid is now this much faster, then he should be, immediately, just like he's instantly hitting harder as it says he should be.

I understand my wants are meaningless and the game mechanics are as they are, still frustrates me.