I don't think I'll unlock General Kenobi in this lifetime.

How many of you think the same? My guild has just started on the 3rd phase of our first tank raid on normal.

Replies

• in a few months (4 or 5) characters released/gear added/ new mods, whatever, will make the raid feel easy.
    By then you will start farming them, which should take you about 2 or 3 months..
    Then your guild will start clearing heroic aat.
    Right about the same time as a new raid is launched with Luke Skywalker as reward which makes Kenobi look like a ****...
    By then you will be posting here...
    I don't think I'll unlock Jedi Luke Skywalker in this lifetime.
    And I'll be thinking ... where did I heard that?
  • I don't know - how old are you? :smile:

Sorry, just can't stand LOL
  • Welcome on board ! We're still in our first normal raid, phase 2... But I'm not discouraged (except by the low speed of animation). Some of us started to farm Jawas, which will be my priority after EP event. We start already to make more and more damage every week that spend. So, motivation !
  • Malthael wrote: »
    in a few months (4 or 5) characters released/gear added/ new mods, whatever, will make the raid feel easy.
    By then you will start farming them, which should take you about 2 or 3 months..
    Then your guild will start clearing heroic aat.
    Right about the same time as a new raid is launched with Luke Skywalker as reward which makes Kenobi look like a ****...
    By then you will be posting here...
    I don't think I'll unlock Jedi Luke Skywalker in this lifetime.
    And I'll be thinking ... where did I heard that?

Haha. I don't know if I have the willpower to play the game a further 6 months.
  • Maegor
    1217 posts Member
    For a lot of guilds that are on the cusp of heroic, meaning killing normal in 7-8 days or less, the EP event will go a long ways to making them able to kill heroic. A lot of guilds in that situation will go from 5-6 EP's to 30-40+. The EP event is an indirect nerf on the raid.
  • As usual, in a thread about normal rancor being too hard to complete yet, some dude comes in saying heroic is easy once you get normal down to a few days.

Can't you guys read?? NORMAL IS BLOODY HARD FOR GUILDS IT IS TOO HARD FOR!

And to say that the addition of EP into those rosters will make that difficulty go away is laughable.
  • Maegor wrote: »
    For a lot of guilds that are on the cusp of heroic, meaning killing normal in 7-8 days or less, the EP event will go a long ways to making them able to kill heroic. A lot of guilds in that situation will go from 5-6 EP's to 30-40+. The EP event is an indirect nerf on the raid.

This is correct. It will bring cusp guilds into heroic, and speed up normal for other guilds. Although I hope they farmed Chirpa too... If not, get on it!
  • And here we go again smh
  • Do what most others have done, if you're the top 5-15 in your guild, leave and find one where you are in the bottom 15.

There's more to heroic than P3 Chirpatine, if you are taking over 4 days on T6 there's no way you have a chance at T7. Its more like 3 days. We are under 4 days for T6 and trying our second attempt at heroic at the moment.
  • designingsean
    218 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Rancor had multiple difficulty levels. This let guilds find the level that was appropriate for their strength, and be successful at that particular level. As their strength grew, they could move up. If it was too hard, they could move back down.

Tank only has two levels, neither of which was able to really be "successfully" accomplished by the majority of guilds. Sure, you could beat it, but most guild members were so disheartened by the process that they stopped playing it, making it that much harder to beat it.

This is the fundamental problem with Tank vs Rancor, and the biggest mistake the game developers made in this game to date. How hard would it have been to provide a tier or two below the ones they gave us, with comparable reduction in rewards? Guilds would have found the one they could do, had a positive success, and started working towards the harder ones, just as we did with Rancor.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    evoluza wrote: »
    Lithalan wrote: »
    Maegor wrote: »

This is correct. It will bring cusp guilds into heroic, and speed up normal for other guilds. Although I hope they farmed Chirpa too... If not, get on it!

Never will farm chirpa, don't have wiggs... How can People Act so uncreativ?

invest precious resources into a proven strategy or gamble on a potentially worth while strategy with the possibility of wasting alot of precious resources.
    I don't think lack of creativity is the main cause of players copying eachothers strategies.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • I have 17, so who knows...
  • l2edLeader
    87 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    It is a slow grind. Our guild was clearing the normal in 4 days and we only got to 20% on p3. This was my first time in p2 and p3 and I was way under strength. Don't expect to do 2% unless your entire team is gear 10 with the proper 4-5* mods. G9 don't cut it, 2-3* mods don't cut it. Total for the raid, with 35 7* toons, I was just at 1% for my contribution.

So good luck getting 50 others to stick around long enough to do the tank raid. It is doable but you will probably quit by then.
  • Maegor
    1217 posts Member
    leef wrote: »
    evoluza wrote: »

Never will farm chirpa, don't have wiggs... How can People Act so uncreativ?

invest precious resources into a proven strategy or gamble on a potentially worth while strategy with the possibility of wasting alot of precious resources.
    I don't think lack of creativity is the main cause of players copying eachothers strategies.

Pretty much my feelings exactly. Either you want to complete normal/heroic AAT and are willing to invest in the toons needed (which are helpful in all areas of the game btw, bye bye GW difficulty), or you aren't. If you are, find a guild that is working towards that goal. If you aren't, find a guild that doesn't care about AAT.

And, yes, I think normal AAT is overtuned, especially the hp on phase 1.
  • Maegor
    1217 posts Member

Teebo is also a viable substitute for Chirpa, but you are looking at a 2% contribution on that phase instead of 7-8% (considering you have good tanks as well).
  • Lol
  • Maegor wrote: »

Teebo is also a viable substitute for Chirpa, but you are looking at a 2% contribution on that phase instead of 7-8% (considering you have good tanks as well).

Also true. Good point.

As for other posts talking about a lack of creativity, well, what can I say? Our guild finishes heroic tank. If your goals are to be creative and different, then go for it. But don't expect certain results, especially if you're FTP, which the vast majority of our guild is. Resources are scarce, and if players want to finish heroic AAT, they have to allocate those resources very, very carefully.

That said, normal tank could use some tuning to make it less of a chore for non-heroic guilds. Just don't touch the heroic tank.