I'm Going To Be Nice

Prev1
I'm not participating in the tournaments, so I'll out in my weakest toons for my defensive squads to help everyone out. Anyone who isn't participating in the tournaments, I advise do the same.

Replies

• Options
    I'm Going to see the prize bracket before I determine how I will handle this tournament. Jyn unlocks at 4* so this already looks bad.
  • Options
    I'm Going to see the prize bracket before I determine how I will handle this tournament. Jyn unlocks at 4* so this already looks bad.

Top 25 to unlock. Top 10 for under Level 80.
  • Options
    Based on previous tournament I believe it would be top 10 to unlock for my bracket 70-79. But hey I'll be optimistic for a little while until I get my optimism crushed.
  • Options
    You know, i might do the same, but EA got upset about this when it happened during the first tourney. Awful nice of you though. I might be nice too, I like helping others, just not sure.
  • Options
    Since you are not participating, your rank will be low. and most of the people will probably get to fight you once. when they move on to higher rank, they won't see you again.
  • Options
    I'll be using my lowest power characters: Chief Chirpa, CUP, Mob Enforcer, Ugnaught, and Jawa Scavenger
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Options
    Honestly, I dont care about shards because I know I wont get them. But I still participate for the gear and credits
  • Options
    JinnNu wrote: »
    Since you are not participating, your rank will be low. and most of the people will probably get to fight you once. when they move on to higher rank, they won't see you again.

At least I helped one person, better than none.
  • Options
    Aknf2001 wrote: »

you are helping noone by doing this. all you are doing is giving everyone an easy win with their crappiest toons.
  • Options
    chezhead wrote: »

you are helping noone by doing this. all you are doing is giving everyone an easy win with their crappiest toons.

So I should make it harder for everyone?
  • chezhead
    221 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Options

you aren't making it harder or easier for anyone other than people who would still be at the lower end. You are just giving everyone who plays the tourney one easy battle.

the only ones who lose out are the ones who use their A or B squad to fight your team.

• Allenb60
    2171 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Options

you aren't making it harder or easier for anyone other than people who would still be at the lower end. You are just giving everyone who plays the tourney one easy battle.

the only ones who lose out are the ones who use their A or B squad to fight your team.

When you select a squad to battle it you always get a chance to select the characters you want to use beforehand, so no one is losing a use with their A or B squad and will probably save a use instead.
    Since people are given the option to set up the team they want to use instead of just having their highest power characters selected, (like in galactic War,) they should be able to use whatever team they want
  • Options

So how am I not helping anyone by giving them an easy battle?!
  • Options

So how am I not helping anyone by giving them an easy battle?!

because by helping everyone you are helping no one. what are you not getting?

• Options
    It's inflation, everyone gets to fight you so no one gains any benefit. It's just one more battle that everyone has to fight.
    Willis Mcgahee of the Mighty Chlorians ~ https://swgoh.gg/u/willis/
  • Vertigo322
    137 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    I like where OP's heart is at. I feel the same way, I really don't want to participate in this tourney just because I don't want to unlock a toon at such a low star level it will be useless. I'll probably throw on a weak team, not terrible but weak enough to give anyone that encounters me a boost. Though before hand anyone who does this should probably run a couple battles to get some kind of rank and be a stepping stone.
  • djvita
    1684 posts Member
    Options
    set your alarm clocks too cuz the tourney starts at 8am EST for americas
  • Nack_Alfaghn
    593 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Options

because by helping everyone you are helping no one. what are you not getting?

Well actually you would not be helping everyone as anyone who posts a high score before you enter the tournament would not benefit as they would not face you. Anyone who enters after you would benefit.
  • Options
    djvita wrote: »
    set your alarm clocks too cuz the tourney starts at 8am EST for americas

Sorry, but are you trolling? The early pvp tourney entrants face significantly higher point levels to unlock prize tiers. Whales want them prizes and start early, but shards are built several times in three world regions (Asia, Europe, America). I asked around for needed points and mine were by far the lowest - not coincidentally I entered the tournament very late, but with plenty time left to get the planned day 1 volume in.
  • Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Vertigo322 wrote: »
    I like where OP's heart is at. I feel the same way, I really don't want to participate in this tourney just because I don't want to unlock a toon at such a low star level it will be useless. I'll probably throw on a weak team, not terrible but weak enough to give anyone that encounters me a boost.

Everyone's weak defensive team will benefit no one if you don't try to rank high, say 500 or better. If you are going to put in a junk team to begin with, I'd prefer you try to rank in the top 100 so I can keep hitting refresh to look for your easy punching bag team to gain easy points on the competition.

Otherwise you'll just be a one time hit for the bottom dwellers and tournament giver-uppers/haters if you don't even bother.

From yours and the original poster's negative attitude, you guys probably wouldn't even be able to unlock her even if you tried. You can add her to your collection of partially unlocked tournament toons/ships if you did.
  • Options
    Based on previous tournament I believe it would be top 10 to unlock for my bracket 70-79. But hey I'll be optimistic for a little while until I get my optimism crushed.

It will be....it will be.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    please stop posting this nonsense.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    leef wrote: »

Please stop commenting your nonsense ;)
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options

honestly, what's your angle here? Trying to get as many weak def teams in the tournament because your A-team sucks and you actually are going to participate? Or just plain ignorance and you actually think you're helping?
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options

honestly, what's your angle here? Trying to get as many weak def teams in the tournament because your A-team sucks and you actually are going to participate? Or just plain ignorance and you actually think you're helping?

1) My A team doesn't suck
    2) My angle is to help people in the tournaments while not being burnt out participating
    3) You're not only ignorant but rather arrogant and close-minded making you a brick wall. If you want to pick a fight with someone like you are now, have a logical reason first. Also, you have every right not to read my posts meaning I can post whatever I want unless it goes against forum guidelines.
  • Options
    What is the issue with letting him do him, and everyone else just goes about their business and either participates or doesn't?
  • Options
    Vertigo322 wrote: »
    What is the issue with letting him do him, and everyone else just goes about their business and either participates or doesn't?

That's what I'm trying to figure out. If anything, people on my shard should be happy.
  • Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Also, you have every right not to read my posts meaning I can post whatever I want unless it goes against forum guidelines.
    But I thought they banned you for posting too many "Where's Palpatine?" discussions. :D LOL! Sorry had to, doubt I'm the only one that noticed.

e032de3535f6a297bbf20fdcccf33d19.jpg
  • Options
    Even if OP helps others or doesn't, who cares? I'm kinda curious why some see this as a personal travesty to their experience in the tournament.
  • Options
    As some guy much smarter than me once said, "A friend to all is a friend to no one."