Am I gonna make it???

Prev1
I'm currently sitting at 49/85 Wedge shards, the last toon I'll need to max to finish 7* Emperor. Will I be able to make it before the event ends with two daily Cantina refreshes? And is it worth refreshing fleet shipments if not?

Replies

• Options
    Palpatine is worth it.

2 refreshes plus Cantina bonus energy should net you 8-9 shards per day.

Event starts in 12 days.

Going with 8 per day: 8x12= 96 shards

Event will probably run for a week?

7 x 8 = 56 shards by the end of the event.

94+56 = 150 so I would say yes.

Even being conservative you should be able to do it without refreshing fleet shipments.
  • Options
    Palpatine is worth it.

2 refreshes plus Cantina bonus energy should net you 8-9 shards per day.

Event starts in 12 days.

Going with 8 per day: 8x12= 96 shards

Event will probably run for a week?

7 x 8 = 56 shards by the end of the event.

94+56 = 150 so I would say yes.

Even being conservative you should be able to do it without refreshing fleet shipments.

Thanks dude!! I wasn't really sure what the shard-per-day rate looked like (I've been farming 8 and 10 energy nodes for longer than I can remember) so I was really uncertain. I'll probably end up just buying him from fleet shipments every time he shows up instead of refreshing to play it safe.
  • Options
    Shard rate is variable so I think the estimate may be low but not by much. I think you should be able to net 130 or so shards for certain and up to 160 shards. One or two fleet shipments would seal the deal and mean less farming. It is entirely doable and likely by the tournaments' onset to get Wedge to 7*.
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"
  • Options
    Two refreshes a day and you'll be fine mate:)
  • Options
    Is there any certainty about how long the event will last? Was it a week last time?

I'm 61/100 on Han Solo, my 5th rebel, and I can count on 15 shards/week, maybe a little more, if I get in on P1 in our raids. However, if I miss raid start by an hour, that cuts me from 5 to either 3, 2, or 1 for that raid.
  • Options
    I would say that you should go for wedge fleet shipments + 2 refresh cantina
    EP is so much worth it and he will properly first be available again in August(Yes, im serious with august :D)
  • Options
    DarthCPA wrote: »
    Is there any certainty about how long the event will last? Was it a week last time?

I'm 61/100 on Han Solo, my 5th rebel, and I can count on 15 shards/week, maybe a little more, if I get in on P1 in our raids. However, if I miss raid start by an hour, that cuts me from 5 to either 3, 2, or 1 for that raid.

Im 100% sure it was not under a week.. :)
  • Options
    Gamorrean wrote: »

Last time was 11 days, this time it ends on 1/1, per the in-game notification.
  • Options
    StarSon wrote: »
    Gamorrean wrote: »

Last time was 11 days, this time it ends on 1/1, per the in-game notification.
    Still not under a week then ;)

• Options
    "...Allllmoooost theeeerrre...."
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
  • ShaolinPunk
    3486 posts Moderator
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Do 3 SIM tickets at a time. I think you can do it. And go to the nodes manually, not via the 'Find' option on his screen.
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
  • Options
    Can do! And @DarthCPA assuming nobody else is counting on Raid Han shards I'm sure your guildies would be okay with you starting off the raid until you're set!

Never heard the SIM ticket thing or the no "find" thing @ShaolinPunk .. is it just something you find works better in your experience?
  • Options

Never heard the SIM ticket thing or the no "find" thing @ShaolinPunk .. is it just something you find works better in your experience?

It's a hunch. The pop term for this is 'consirmation bias'. We believe it helps us, because we've seen it. Never done or seen an actual collection of data to back it up. However, I do like spending smaller amounts of SIM tickets at a time, because if something ISN'T dropping particularly well after a few polls, I'll go after something else (which also doesn't really change anything statistically, but I FEEL more in control).
  • Options
    I agree with Gaidal. <--Nice name by the way.
  • Options

It's a hunch. The pop term for this is 'consirmation bias'. We believe it helps us, because we've seen it. Never done or seen an actual collection of data to back it up. However, I do like spending smaller amounts of SIM tickets at a time, because if something ISN'T dropping particularly well after a few polls, I'll go after something else (which also doesn't really change anything statistically, but I FEEL more in control).

Pretty sure I get worse when going through the "Find" screen, I'd bet money that they did that on purpose. But it probably doesn't actually effect anything lol.
  • WrathofCaedus
    1880 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Do 3 SIM tickets at a time. I think you can do it. And go to the nodes manually, not via the 'Find' option on his screen.

I wondered if I was the only 1 that felt I got better results not using the find option.
  • Options
    I also have better drop rates when manually going to the node rather than using the "find" option on most characters, although since the ships update, I find that I have horrible drop rates for pilots no matter which way I do it.
  • Options
    http://www.crouchingrancor.com/cantina-farming-planner-tool/

You'll need 13 days at 2 refreshes, so you should be fine. I think the event lasts until 1st of Jan 2017?
  • Options
    I have better drop rates by doing 4 at a time instead of 12 in one shot. Can have more than 8 a day with one refresh.
  • Options
    My wedge is at also 46/85. I already have a squad of 5 7* rebels so i don't have the time problem but i want to use him in the event.
    with all my cantina energy + 2 refreshes/day going to him i'm sure he'll be at 7* before the event ends.
    i allways sim 2 battles at a time.
  • Orions
    269 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    I'm currently sitting at 49/85 Wedge shards, the last toon I'll need to max to finish 7* Emperor. Will I be able to make it before the event ends with two daily Cantina refreshes? And is it worth refreshing fleet shipments if not?

If you keep at it you should be good.
    Last time we had the EP event we also had a double drop weekend (before I believe) for cantina, it helped me get Lando to 6* almost 7* from locked status, and that was before the first 2 cantina refreshed were both 100.

I was ready for 7* EP 2 days after it ended, but i'm definitely ready this time!

If we get the double Cantina drops again it would solve many peoples problems that are on the bubble of getting him.

O
  • ShaolinPunk
    3486 posts Moderator
    edited December 2016
    Options
    So I kept track of pulls last night for stun cuffs, and I don't think the afore mentioned 'tricks' do anything. I pulled 8 times, 4 tickets at a time for a total of 240 energy. The first seven pulls had zero stun cuff salvage, the last pull had 2 pieces of salvage. So. Again, probably psychological. RNG is a beast.

Some days are definitely better than others, and we only perceive that we have effect on it, when we really don't. Although, it's still my personal style to do smaller amounts because I find it easier to deal with 8 pulls that didn't go my way instead of 1 pull for all that energy that didn't get me what I was hunting.

@BrianBuchanans @Vertigo @WrathofCaedus
  • Options
    Thanks for the research @ShaolinPunk ! I figured that much would be true, but it's nice to know for sure haha

I sure could use a double drop weekend... I've yet to start farming B2 or TFP, and I want to hit Aayla eventually, too... and I'm starting Boba just as soon as Scavenger hits 5* for the mod challenge. Plus I just unlocked Shore, so once I can run EP (L) - Shore - TFP - Boba - B2 I'll probably switch from Rebels to Empire >:)
  • Allenb60
    2171 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    So I kept track of pulls last night for stun cuffs, and I don't think the afore mentioned 'tricks' do anything. I pulled 8 times, 4 tickets at a time for a total of 240 energy. The first seven pulls had zero stun cuff salvage, the last pull had 2 pieces of salvage. So. Again, probably psychological. RNG is a beast.

Some days are definitely better than others, and we only perceive that we have effect on it, when we really don't. Although, it's still my personal style to do smaller amounts because I find it easier to deal with 8 pulls that didn't go my way instead of 1 pull for all that energy that didn't get me what I was hunting.

If it is truly random you will never be able to tell
  • Options

Pull every string within your budget that you can. Palpatine is very much worth it.
  • Options
    I was 1 challenge away from an unlock last time and that was a crummy feeling especially after that when I had to face teams with him in it.
  • Options

I wondered if I was the only 1 that felt I fit better results not using the find option.
    Allenb60 wrote: »

Nothing is random when algorithms are involved
  • Allenb60
    2171 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Options

I wondered if I was the only 1 that felt I fit better results not using the find option.

Ya, but I haven't seen anything that can confirm or deny the stun cuff drop rate is random
  • Options

Ya, but I haven't seen anything that can confirm or deny the stun cuff drop rate is random

Well keep doing whatever you're doing then
  • Options

Do you work for the FBI? Haha